Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

    No one here should really be upset. Just another season right on par with Soderquist's record.

    Comment


    • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

      Reardon not Maher was moved up!


      Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
      With all due respect! One must look at this team and asked the obvious questions. Why did the defense not play the position. Why did they rarely close the gaps. How could you have centers who did not win more than 50% of their face offs? Why did the offense stop scoring? Did we have leadership on the team? They were 1 9 2 the last half what happen.? The juniors will now have plenty of time to consider what they will do to make this team better and move the program forward. They will be the leaders and it is a big class. I hope they found some defensive help as experiments moving fitzstephens back and Mahr up wasnt the answer!

      Comment


      • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

        Want leadership on the team, then name a captain and put a gosh darn C on his jersey.


        158;5664698]With all due respect! One must look at this team and asked the obvious questions. Why did the defense not play the position. Why did they rarely close the gaps. How could you have centers who did not win more than 50% of their face offs? Why did the offense stop scoring? Did we have leadership on the team? They were 1 9 2 the last half what happen.? The juniors will now have plenty of time to consider what they will do to make this team better and move the program forward. They will be the leaders and it is a big class. I hope they found some defensive help as experiments moving fitzstephens back and Mahr up wasnt the answer![/QUOTE]

        Comment


        • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

          Originally posted by beenthere77 View Post
          Want leadership on the team, then name a captain and put a gosh darn C on his jersey.


          158;5664698]With all due respect! One must look at this team and asked the obvious questions. Why did the defense not play the position. Why did they rarely close the gaps. How could you have centers who did not win more than 50% of their face offs? Why did the offense stop scoring? Did we have leadership on the team? They were 1 9 2 the last half what happen.? The juniors will now have plenty of time to consider what they will do to make this team better and move the program forward. They will be the leaders and it is a big class. I hope they found some defensive help as experiments moving fitzstephens back and Mahr up wasnt the answer!
          [/QUOTE]

          The fact that there was no C on anyone's uniform is telling now, isn't it?
          Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

          STAY UP #94 #58

          Comment


          • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

            Telling of what? Since I can remember, no one has ever worn a C or A on his jersey at Bentley.

            Comment


            • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

              Originally posted by Pk Specialist View Post
              Telling of what? Since I can remember, no one has ever worn a C or A on his jersey at Bentley.
              Falsehood. Jamie Nudy/Trent Bonnett wore C's last year.

              Year before that it was Dustin Cloutier wearing a C and Erik Peterson and Bonnett wore A's.

              Before that it was Menzione with a C and Cloutier with an A

              And I'm pretty certain the 08-09 season had Canzoneri or Percella wearing a C and Menzione wearing the A. Maybe it wasn't stitched on the jersey but it was definitely on the old white and blue jerseys last year. And the roster definitely had someone named "captain."

              This year they didn't name a captain at all. It wasn't even on the roster. They went out of their way to name nobody. Gensler didn't even wear an A and history would've said he's wearing the A with somebody like Koudys wearing the C.
              Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

              STAY UP #94 #58

              Comment


              • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

                Originally posted by Pk Specialist View Post
                Telling of what? Since I can remember, no one has ever worn a C or A on his jersey at Bentley.
                Last year, they stitched the letters onto the white and blue jerseys, but they didn't stich it onto the gold or black jerseys. They wore the white for about half the home games. And the black didn't debut until halfway through the year. They wore the road blues at Michigan, and the Bentley whites against Clarkson. But they definitely had a team captain who was referred to as "captain" on the roster.
                Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

                STAY UP #94 #58

                Comment


                • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

                  Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                  Falsehood. Jamie Nudy/Trent Bonnett wore C's last year.

                  Year before that it was Dustin Cloutier wearing a C and Erik Peterson and Bonnett wore A's.

                  Before that it was Menzione with a C and Cloutier with an A

                  And I'm pretty certain the 08-09 season had Canzoneri or Percella wearing a C and Menzione wearing the A. Maybe it wasn't stitched on the jersey but it was definitely on the old white and blue jerseys last year. And the roster definitely had someone named "captain."

                  This year they didn't name a captain at all. It wasn't even on the roster. They went out of their way to name nobody. Gensler didn't even wear an A and history would've said he's wearing the A with somebody like Koudys wearing the C.
                  The captains were technically named in those years but Canzoneri, Percella, Prewitt, Gumaer, Peterson, Cloutier, Menzione, Preece, Olson and Bonnett (two years ago) did not wear letters. Regardless, to say there was no leadership because captains weren't named this year (internally they were though- Campanelli and Hartung) is foolish. Again this comes back to the staff. If you don't have leaders, recruit them. If you have leaders and you don't acknowledge it by naming them- still not the players' fault. Old saying in my playing days- stop pointing fingers, start pointing thumbs.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

                    Originally posted by Pk Specialist View Post
                    The captains were technically named in those years but Canzoneri, Percella, Prewitt, Gumaer, Peterson, Cloutier, Menzione, Preece, Olson and Bonnett (two years ago) did not wear letters. Regardless, to say there was no leadership because captains weren't named this year (internally they were though- Campanelli and Hartung) is foolish. Again this comes back to the staff. If you don't have leaders, recruit them. If you have leaders and you don't acknowledge it by naming them- still not the players' fault. Old saying in my playing days- stop pointing fingers, start pointing thumbs.
                    I'm just curious -- how do you know about the internal captain situation?

                    I know Campanelli usually took the meetings with the ref when called upon, which would indicate de facto captainship. But how do we know it was Hartung? What if it were Gensler or Grieve, or even Komm? We don't know.

                    Hartung isn't exactly anything like a leader, and you know what - I do give the coaches a pass on this recruiting class because it was the changeover between White and Murphy. We've discussed this. And the coaches aren't absolved of the failure either. But again, and I can do this dance with you AGAIN (even though it will accomplish nothing since you clearly have a major league agenda against the coaching staff to the point where it kills most of your points because you're so clouded its not even funny), but this class had 6 guys, of which 3 made it through to graduation. There was no senior leadership. It happens. You can't predict how that happens.

                    Does it even matter anymore? Those guys are ghosts as of about 9:30 PM yesterday. You still have a 2-time conference coach of the year. Get over it, unless you're either an ex player or something that has a major bone to pick with those guys. Season's over. Let's move on.
                    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

                    STAY UP #94 #58

                    Comment


                    • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

                      Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                      I'm just curious -- how do you know about the internal captain situation?

                      I know Campanelli usually took the meetings with the ref when called upon, which would indicate de facto captainship. But how do we know it was Hartung? What if it were Gensler or Grieve, or even Komm? We don't know.

                      Hartung isn't exactly anything like a leader, and you know what - I do give the coaches a pass on this recruiting class because it was the changeover between White and Murphy. We've discussed this. And the coaches aren't absolved of the failure either. But again, and I can do this dance with you AGAIN (even though it will accomplish nothing since you clearly have a major league agenda against the coaching staff to the point where it kills most of your points because you're so clouded its not even funny), but this class had 6 guys, of which 3 made it through to graduation. There was no senior leadership. It happens. You can't predict how that happens.

                      Does it even matter anymore? Those guys are ghosts as of about 9:30 PM yesterday. You still have a 2-time conference coach of the year. Get over it, unless you're either an ex player or something that has a major bone to pick with those guys. Season's over. Let's move on.
                      I've watched and played the game enough to be realistic (aka "clouded")

                      Comment


                      • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

                        The fact that there was no C on anyone's uniform is telling now, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

                        Yup, it tells me that maybe "someone" does want to relinquish even the tinest bit of control. eh?

                        Comment


                        • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

                          Originally posted by beenthere77
                          I assume you have watched the team play and having done so you can actually state that Genslar should have been wearing an A. Really based on what? his stats, is that what you think wearing a C or an A is all about.
                          Now that the season is over for the Falcons, I was not going to post anymore on this thread. But, given that there is now more posting here than there has been all year, I will add my two cents on captains. Perhaps Gensler would have had a better second half if he had the C on his jersey, and perhaps the team would have followed with a better second half. I think that captains must be leaders, whether playing by example, as Gensler did with his scoring prowess in the first half of the season, or in the locker room, which I know nothing about for this team. Gensler certainly earned the C from his play and awards last season, but I do not know about his leadership skills on and off the ice. I get the point that the three seniors this year were not scoring leaders, but I also do not know anything about their presence in the locker room. But, I wish that the three seniors had played together on a line more often this season than just the last game at home for seniors night.
                          Last edited by Snively65; 03-11-2013, 07:16 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

                            But see they were the leading scorers as freshman, all three of them. what happened, ya they fell off.... camp had as many points as Genslar as a freshman.


                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Bentley | Overall - 35 GP (12-19- 4 .400) | Conf Only - 28 GP (10-15- 3 .411) | Career
                            ------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|----------------
                            ## Player POS YR | GP G A PTS PEN/MIN PP SH GW GT | GP G A PTS PEN/MIN PP SH GW GT | GP G A PTS
                            19 Marc Menzione F SR | 33 11 18 29 13/ 26 6 2 0 1 | 26 10 13 23 10/ 20 5 2 0 1 | 139 44 57 101
                            16 Joe Campanelli F FR | 35 10 15 25 17/ 34 5 0 0 1 | 28 10 14 24 14/ 28 5 0 0 1 | 35 10 15 25
                            24 Bobby Preece D SR | 33 8 17 25 48/118 4 0 3 0 | 27 6 15 21 36/ 91 3 0 2 0 | 126 12 45 57
                            13 Dan Koudys F FR | 33 6 14 20 3/ 6 1 1 2 0 | 26 5 12 17 2/ 4 1 1 2 0 | 33 6 14 20
                            10 Brett Hartung F FR | 32 10 5 15 5/ 10 2 1 2 0 | 28 9 3 12 5/ 10 2 1 2 0 | 32 10 5 15
                            7 Erik Peterson F JR | 20 8 7 15 7/ 14 4 0 0 0 | 17 7 6 13 7/ 14 3 0 0 0 | 92 36 33 69
                            11 Jamie Nudy F SO | 35 7 8 15 11/ 22 0 1 1 0 | 28 4 7 11 9/ 18 0 0 0 0 | 37 8 8 16
                            23 Dustin Cloutier F JR | 15 6 5 11 3/ 6 3 0 0 0 | 9 3 3 6 1/ 2 2 0 0 0 | 88 29 40 69
                            9 Brendan Harrison F SR | 31 4 7 11 17/ 45 3 0 1 0 | 25 4 7 11 15/ 41 3 0 1 0 | 126 9 16 25
                            18 Aaron Stonacek F SO | 34 2 9 11 5/ 10 1 0 0 0 | 27 2 5 7 5/ 10 1 0 0 0 | 58 7 14 21
                            26 Anders Olson D SR | 34 3 7 10 7/ 14 1 0 1 0 | 27 2 7 9 4/ 8 0 0 1 0 | 113 4 18 22
                            27 Justin Kemmerer F SR | 31 4 5 9 9/ 18 0 0 0 0 | 27 4 3 7 9/ 18 0 0 0 0 | 98 9 12 21
                            21 Herbie Kent F SO | 28 3 6 9 1/ 2 0 0 1 0 | 22 3 6 9 0 0 1 0 | 58 6 8 14
                            6 Trent Bonnett D SO | 34 1 8 9 6/ 12 0 0 0 0 | 27 1 6 7 4/ 8 0 0 0 0 | 71 1 16 17
                            25 Jeremy Robert F JR | 25 2 5 7 7/ 22 0 0 0 0 | 22 1 5 6 6/ 20 0 0 0 0 | 45 3 6 9
                            22 Jordy Trottier F FR | 25 3 3 6 8/ 16 0 0 0 0 | 19 3 1 4 5/ 10 0 0 0 0 | 25 3 3 6
                            8 Brandon Bahnemann F FR | 15 2 3 5 3/ 6 0 0 0 0 | 11 1 3 4 3/ 6 0 0 0 0 | 15 2 3 5
                            12 Ryan Kayfes D SO | 34 1 4 5 27/ 73 0 0 1 0 | 28 1 3 4 23/ 65 0 0 1 0 | 72 3 12 15
                            4 Mike Switzer D SO | 31 0 4 4 15/ 30 0 0 0 0 | 26 0 3 3 13/ 26 0 0 0 0 | 68 0 10 10
                            3 Tyler Quartuccio F SO | 29 2 1 3 2/ 4 0 0 0 0 | 23 2 1 3 2/ 4 0 0 0 0 | 39 2 2 4
                            14 Kane Osmars F SR | 14 1 2 3 5/ 10 0 0 0 0 | 9 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 | 92 4 15 19
                            5 Micah Williams D FR | 25 0 3 3 9/ 18 0 0 0 0 | 20 0 3 3 8/ 16 0 0 0 0 | 25 0 3 3
                            35 Joe Calvi G JR | 13 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 | 12 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 | 61 0 2 2
                            31 Nick Vitale G SR | 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 | 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 | 1 0 0 0
                            17 Brandon Graffunder D JR | 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 | 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 | 40 0 5 5
                            1 Kyle Rank G SO | 23 0 0 0 5/ 10 0 0 0 0 | 17 0 0 0 5/ 10 0 0 0 0 | 46 0 2 2
                            Bench | 9/ 18 | 8/ 16 |
                            ------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|----------------




                            Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Now that the season is over for the Falcons, I was not going to post anymore on this thread. But, given that there is now more posting here than there has been all year, I will add my two cents on captains. Perhaps Gensler would have had a better second half if he had the C on his jersey, and perhaps the team would have followed with a better second half. I think that captains must be leaders, whether playing by example, as Gensler did with his scoring prowess in the first half of the season, or in the locker room, which I know nothing about for this team. Gensler certainly earned the C from his play and awards last season, but I do not know about his leadership skills on and off the ice. I get the point that the three seniors this year were not scoring leaders, but I also do not know anything about their presence in the locker room. But, I wish that the three seniors had played together on a line more often this season than just the last game at home for seniors night.
                            Last edited by beenthere77; 03-11-2013, 07:46 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

                              Just saying IMHO that this team. with the players it had from top to bottom should have and could have done so much better. the players do have responsibility for sure but it is the coaching staff's job to cultivate the talent and piece it all together to make a strong team, identify where weakness lies and coach it/them up and make it strong. that's all.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

                                Yeah, pretty depressing, especially after the scare we gave RIT last post-season. Guess I will follow the Bottom Feeders thread for the next few weeks (as I no longer play golf).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X