Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Well considering this Bentley team beat them twice in season , wouldnt you say it may be wise go with the same line up. Looking back at game sheets
    Bacon was in both nights... so adjustments may be needed there if he is out. Meads played in game one and Krause in game two. On Defense Maher sat out game one and Reardon sat out game two. Each was paired with O'Brien.
    Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
    I'm running over the lines in my head, and I'm thinking that Switzer-Grieve-Gensler will be the top pairing, but do you keep that senior line together as a second line? I dont know of any glaring issues with Gladiuk coming back from a concussion, but I think he'd be better suited on the third line with Breton (who is also coming back from injury) and someone else. I'm thinking the lines should be Switzer-Grieve-Gensler with Breton-Gladiuk-Fitzstephens. Then Campanelli-Hartung-Koudys with the fourth line of Meads-Kubiak-Rickord. This puts Bacon out (implying he's not ready to come back) and it puts Krause back in the press box (where he sort of belongs after he was invisible during 3 shifts on Saturday).

Defensively, I'm going with Weinstein-Blomquist (have to), with Marginsky-Ledford and Maher-Reardon/O'Brien. I'd go with Maher for the game experience like when Bentley inserted Williams into the lineup in last year's playoffs. I think it's a better matchup to have speedy, offensive-minded guys on that third pairing for at least the Canisius series.

Comment

Here's the playoff capsule. Full preview coming tomorrow/Friday:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...y-at-canisius/
      Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

The playoffs aren't what we play for. It's what we live for.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...t-we-live-for/

Comment

Around 8:45 tonight, I got a text asking me if I wanted to go golfing next Saturday.

I thin kthat speaks for itself.
          Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

• Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
            Around 8:45 tonight, I got a text asking me if I wanted to go golfing next Saturday.

I thin kthat speaks for itself.
            Hate to say it, but seems that this team quit over a couple of months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Hate to say it, but seems that this team quit over a couple of months ago.
              That seems to be the trend

Comment

I don't buy that they quit. Do you really believe athletes quit! No they don't changes must take place for one you have to win face offs. How about starting right there get people who can win a face off. Defenseman have to close gaps when the opposing team enters their zone. Hard to believe the team quit they simply don't have the overall talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwjg1158 View Post
                  Hard to believe the team quit they simply don't have the overall talent.
                  They seemed to have decent talent about six weeks ago.
                  Bentley University Hockey
                  On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Yes but when other teams picked up their play we didn't. By the way they struggled all year defensively. What helped was they were scoring. We haven't won a game if we didn't score at least 3 goals or more. I mean did I miss something? If you are a fan you call it like it is team defense lacks, they are not strong on face offs, and when the team struggles offensively they lose. I thought the game was much better than the score. Offensively they didn't get a break and the third period penalties killed them!

Comment

And, the Falcons appeared to play better in their final game of the season. Good to see senior Dan Koudys get the only Falcons goal. Best wishes to him, Joey Campanelli, and Brett Hartung in their post-Bentley careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        And, the Falcons appeared to play better in their final game of the season. Good to see senior Dan Koudys get the only Falcons goal. Best wishes to him, Joey Campanelli, and Brett Hartung in their post-Bentley careers.
                        As always in perspective, my good man. This season is over. Depressing as all hell the way that it went down, but hey, what can you do? I'm kind of glad it's over, turn the page to a new day. Best wishes to the seniors for four years of dedication and 20-plus years of going to rinks. It didn't end the way they wanted it, but at the same time, they've accomplished a lot just by getting to this point as individuals.
                        Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Mercy.
                          Bentley University Hockey
                          On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Trying to sum it up this morning for everyone. What a bitter end.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...crashing-halt/

Comment

• Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                              Trying to sum it up this morning for everyone. What a bitter end.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...crashing-halt/
                              With all due respect! One must look at this team and asked the obvious questions. Why did the defense not play the position. Why did they rarely close the gaps. How could you have centers who did not win more than 50% of their face offs? Why did the offense stop scoring? Did we have leadership on the team? They were 1 9 2 the last half what happen.? The juniors will now have plenty of time to consider what they will do to make this team better and move the program forward. They will be the leaders and it is a big class. I hope they found some defensive help as experiments moving fitzstephens back and Mahr up wasnt the answer!

Comment

The team did not quit last night they played until the end. The griefs goalie was good and we didn't beat him. I hope they think about the year and consider what they ( returning players) need to do to improve the team. The game is a bout the team and less about individual goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X