Colgate offseason speculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate offseason speculations

Off topic: My computer died and I cannot find the Colgate athletic voy discussion forum on Google. Does anyone here know the website address for that and could you pass it along the link to me via this board? I'd be much appreciative.

Sorry to bust into the hockey talk.....

Thanks much.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

input into Google "Colgate voy forum 227566" and you should get it...

Comment

Thanks a lot GreenCoat - got it

Comment

Ken Schott reporting the ECAC tourney is headed back to L Placid in 2014. Presser next Tuesday. https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/schott/

A right has been wronged. Now if the league can straighten out the officiating...
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Great great news...I'm so happy.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

agree...who WERE the bozos who came up with the Atlantic City experiment?...been there, was frankly quite sad...love Lake Placid - if only we could win ONE semi-final game before I go to a better place...

Comment

While I like the move back to LP, what housing (motels, inns, B&B's) are available up there? Are they usually booked early? Anyone have experience spending a few days in March in the hinterland?

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                  While I like the move back to LP, what housing (motels, inns, B&B's) are available up there? Are they usually booked early? Anyone have experience spending a few days in March in the hinterland?
                  There are a plethora of options for lodging at any price point. As you might expect, the pricier hotels (Crowne Plaza, Golden Arrow, Mirror Lake Inn) are located right along Main Street / on Mirror Lake and are closest to the rink. But there are several affordable options -independents, chains, B&Bs - along Saranac Ave. and the sidestreets on either end of town. A good place to start: http://www.lakeplacid.com/stay
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I continue to monitor the Heisenberg list for 2013 and, God forbid, 2014 'Gate recruits...NONE...and I do see continuous commitments throughout the summer to other programs - including those that already have a bevy of young men entering in September, 2013 and September, 2014...I've heard the "rationales", but I remain focused on what virtually EVER OTHER DIVISION I program in the country is doing...to repeat, we have three recruits committed for 2013 with eight seniors graduating...I pray we are on the cusp of bringing in a solid class for 9/2013, but again I ask, is the real talent already gone...to suggest that we are searching for a "perfect fit" fourth liner suggests more about our recruiting reach than our effort to remain ECAC competitive...DV's a very good on-ice coach, but we desperately need a constant infusion of depth. I've said this for SIX years: we have high, high levels of Line #1 talent, yet our depth, especially at forward, is very questionable...

Comment

New thread coming soon ! Football next week....I'm going!

Biddle says "I've got a great QB, offensive line should be better, all receivers back too. Look for McCord to have a big year !! Defense needs improvement badly . We were terrible last year.

Nate Eachus was 10-98 yards last night for KC with a touchdown !!!!
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Enjoy the game, Shabby. Our D may be a problem however we should have success putting up points. Could be a close one.

Looking forward to skating season.

Comment

It's great to see the boys back on the ice at Starr. It will be interesting to see what the lines look like to start the year. Any early projections?
                          The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

Wait until Shabby starts the "in season" thread

Comment

I pray our freshmen are fast; they seem, as a group, pretty talented at the lower level, but they are quite small...expect some early season missteps in light of last year's seniors graduating...hopefully the frosh develop early, especially at the forward position...love up tempo hockey and maybe, after 6 to 8 games, we'll start to see some overall improvement...also, more consistency in the crease would help; again, especially early on...patience is not one of my best virtues, but it will probably be necessary early this year...GO 'GATE...

Comment

RPI blog Without a Peer post about Colgate http://www.withoutapeer.com/2012/09/...y-colgate.html.

I have no connection to WaP besides for being a reader.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X