Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate offseason speculations

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    We win and dominate the second thru fourth periods !! Simply Awesome !!! Now Duke on our plate but in a neutral site !!!
    How about that win Shabby! Amazing comeback after being down all the first half. Wins vs. Maryland and UMASS - can't beat that. They played steady and patiently, and it paid off. Really looking forward to the Duke game.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Way to go Colgate!
      Total team effort. Tiny Colgate playing schools 10x their size...and winning! Just amazing!
      Good Luck 'Gate...stick a fork in those Blue Devils!
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

D-III Elmira head coach Greg Fargo tabbed as new WIH coach.
        Not sure what to think...D-III is not D-I. Wonder who the candidates were...but perhaps therein lies the problem. Who would come to Hamilton...let alone with the records we've had and the salary we're offering?
        He's an upstate NY guy. Hope he can build a winning program. Like m/w basketball, he's got his hands full.
        Go 'Gate
        C O L G A T E
        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
        1990 NCAA FINALS
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Go Raiders Beat Duke !!!
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Go Raiders Beat Duke !!!
            Ditto that! UMASS is not Duke; it will be a tough game. If Connor Murphy has a good day between the pipes and Peter Baum gets in his groove, anything is possible.

Comment

Between our hockey run and our LAX run, I'm seriously stressed. Time for some down time before the puck drops again Thanks for the memories LAXers!

Comment

Sometimes a team just has a bad day or is intimidated... not sure which one applied to the Raiders against Duke.

We have had some great lax teams the past several years, with wins against quality D1 teams, and should be strong again next year with the cast of returning players.

Congratulations to a strong Duke team and to Colgate for a terrific season. The experience gained this season should pay dividends in 2013 when we make another run!

Comment

Congrats to the Lax team - thanks for making the long no-Gate-sports season a bit shorter.

Back to the hockey side of things, it looks to me like the women's hockey hire was, at least on paper, pretty good. Strong record of winning teams and good scholastics. Colgate wasn't going to steal someone else's DI successful head coach and I am not sure that women's hockey has developed a strong bench of assistants yet. In the scheme of things, it is still a very young sport that has seen significant growth over the past decade. It will be interesting to see if having a coach with hockey as his primary background changes things much in year 1 or whether it will take building a recruiting pipeline to bring the level up.

Comment

Peter Baum won the Tewarrton Award as the best lacrosse player in the country(The Hobey Baker of lacrosse) Congrats !
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Peter Baum won the Tewarrton Award as the best lacrosse player in the country(The Hobey Baker of lacrosse) Congrats !
                      Winning both the Tewaarton and Enners Awards -- which I believe is a rare double -- elevates Peter to legendary status among Colgate athletes. Togerther with Austin's Hobey Hat Trick honor, it has been a heck of a year for 'Gate achievements in sports.

Comment

The Kings are Kings of Hockey! Congrats to LA on breaking a 45-year dry spell. If a #8 seed can win the Stanley Cup just think what can happen in the ECAC next season.

Comment

I know this is a strange question, but does anyone know where I can get the attendance information from the Fri, Nov 12, 2010 Princeton @ Colgate game (Silver Puck weekend)? College hockey stats .net lists it as 0, USCHO's box score doesn't have attendance and the game recap on go colgate raiders .com doesn't say anything about how many people were there. Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit to Add: Also, I tried taking the number reported on USCHO for total attendance on the season and subtracting all their "home" games (meaning that I had to include the Cape Cod game against Army), but the sum of those attendances equaled the reported attendance. So, now I'm really stumped for potential ways to find this information.
                          Last edited by burgie12; 06-14-2012, 12:35 PM.
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                            I know this is a strange question, but does anyone know where I can get the attendance information from the Fri, Nov 12, 2010 Princeton @ Colgate game (Silver Puck weekend)? College hockey stats .net lists it as 0, USCHO's box score doesn't have attendance and the game recap on go colgate raiders .com doesn't say anything about how many people were there. Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit to Add: Also, I tried taking the number reported on USCHO for total attendance on the season and subtracting all their "home" games (meaning that I had to include the Cape Cod game against Army), but the sum of those attendances equaled the reported attendance. So, now I'm really stumped for potential ways to find this information.
                            Burgie - Not sure I can help, but have you tried the ECAC hockey website? (I'm not even sure they keep recaps of the games). Also the goraiders.com website: are there box scores of all past games where attendance figures would be shown? (again, I have not checked this myself, so these are just suggestions; I'm too lazy to check)

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                              Burgie - Not sure I can help, but have you tried the ECAC hockey website? (I'm not even sure they keep recaps of the games). Also the goraiders.com website: are there box scores of all past games where attendance figures would be shown? (again, I have not checked this myself, so these are just suggestions; I'm too lazy to check)
                              I hadn't thought of the ECAC site. I did find the box score. It also lists the attendance as 0. Can anyone confirm that the game was actually played?

I have not been able to find any box scores on Colgate's website, just recaps.

Thank you very much for your help!
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Not to crash the Colgate discussion... but where do you guys have active message boards/blogs for other sports? Especially Patriot League wide stuff?

I'm just getting over the shock of the BU to Patriot announcement and am trying to figure out where to get my latest news/rumors/smack/etc for non-hockey stuff. The main AEC board is on a site that only really discusses AEC and A-10.
                                BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                                CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                                2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                                2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X