Colgate offseason speculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate offseason speculations

Greencoat you just articulated what's on my mind in a far better way than I ever could. What a frustrating situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmot View Post
      Greencoat you just articulated what's on my mind in a far better way than I ever could. What a frustrating situation.
      I share all these sentiments. Also, I can't believe Wagner was snubbed as an All American.
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
        I share all these sentiments. Also, I can't believe Wagner was snubbed as an All American.
        Agree. Not seeing Wagner at least as a second team AA is baffling.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Union fan here. Met a lady in elevator here in my Tampa hotel ytd afternoon with a Colgate shirt. Got to talking and she turns out to be Austin Smiths mom. She was very nice and of course I wished her luck but to no avail. Real shame.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
            Rainman...Austin Smith not only earned recognition as a Hobey finalist, he frankly deserved recognition as a Hobey winner...when all is said and done, not many are going to remember a runner-up candidate; they will remember a Hobey winner and THAT would be a big help towards our program...whether we advanced to an NCAA participant or not, the kid deserved the award, plain and simple...this is BS and I knew it would end this way...
            When Ray Stasiak[sp} won it over Adam Oates in 85 I felt the same way. The best thing that can happen now as far is colgate is concerned is to have Smith have a great NHL career and have Doc Emerick mention where he played college hockey every time he plays.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
              When Ray Stasiak[sp} won it over Adam Oates in 85 I felt the same way. The best thing that can happen now as far is colgate is concerned is to have Smith have a great NHL career and have Doc Emerick mention where he played college hockey every time he plays.
              At least you guys won it all that year.
              Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

I have to say, I think the way the league is run has a lot to do with the perception nationally. The commissioner needs to be replaced ASAP. I would suggest they go after a guy like Paul Kelley. He would instantly give the ECAC some credibility. The guy running the show now is incompetent and inadequate. The fact that he did not have a TV deal in place long ago for the ECAC Final Four is an absolute disgrace. The website looks like a 12 year old designed it and now that the new conference has a HUGE television deal, the ECAC will fall further behind. It's an embarrassment.
                The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

If anyone's interested, take a look at the Jack Connolly wins Hobey Baker thread. Looks like Smith has quite a bit of support from schools other than our own . . .

Comment

Also, the Cornwall Colts and their four forwards from 'Gate's 2012 recruiting class have moved onto their league's finals after sweeping their second round series. The 'Gate recruits are 4 of the top 6 in the league in playoff scoring with Borkowski in particular elevating his game with 17 points in 10 playoff games to tie for the league lead.

Comment

thanks...read many of the posts on the Hobey Baker thread and there is certainly a decent amount of support for Austin. I'll let this thing go (at some point), but, again, Smith's numbers are so superior that even a moron would have to say he had a LARGE edge in the pure numbers. We must therefore look at other factors and they must be somewhat considerable to offset this statistical advantage. Unfortunately we come back to what I think is a clear bias against the ECAC and, on occasion, a tendency to favor WCHA players due to league strength. In addition, UMD did win a national title last year and Connolly it appears is a very good student with a few extra things on his resume. Fine; understood. I still don't buy these subjective factors. As I said, the ECAC - although in all honesty ranks fourth out of the five DI conferences - is not uncompetitive in non-conferences games. And Austin's 3.5 GPA at Colgate should count for something. One is left with the question: what will it take for an ECAC player to win the Hobey in light of the work product of Smith this year. His year wasn't just good; it was one of the best years produced by a college hockey player in the past decade. Mother Theresa and 28 goals (with a +22) would've been competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                        The correct spelling is "Bill Watson."

You have to watch out for those UMD players.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Austin Smith had his second "shootout" goal in the Stars win !
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I can't find anything on Wagner in Anaheim or Syracuse, is he staying in school for the rest of the semester ?
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              I can't find anything on Wagner in Anaheim or Syracuse, is he staying in school for the rest of the semester ?
                              Yes.

Comment

I just have to say it one more time. This Hobey Award was a royal shafting!!!!!!!! Analyze these stats all you want it all points to Smitty winning the award as the best college hockey player 'This Year'.

Wags also got hosed on the A A team.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/overall.php
                                The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

Working...
                                X