X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TchrBill
    replied
    Re: Colgate offseason speculations

Recently we've had some stellar NHL draft picks...at Colgate, go figure...but not so anymore. None in the top 100, anyway. Back to the drawing board.

Wish 'Gate would publicly commit to a new rink already to help recruiting...enough grapevine talk.

Leave a comment:

• ColSkate65
    replied

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
    Try this, Rhett...and welcome to the Patriot League. Would be anxious to hear your thoughts. We have some good schools and BU is poised to make an immediate impact and win some titles.

http://www.voy.com/227566/

Incoming freshman class is posted...no expert here but looks like a talented group. No disrespect intended but would like to see someone other than Union dominate the headlines this season and take home the Cleary/ECAC title. My guess is any team will reign for a year or two before others take control of the wheel!
    Rhett - there is also the Patriot League website; just google it.

I agree Tchr. Looks like some good talent coming in...but hey, we knew that by checking the Heisenberg site the past few years Seriously, they look good and have some great resumes but as we all know there is a difference in hockey play once you get to the Div-1 game. My guess is that a few will make some solid contributions next season, but it will take most a year or two to adjust.

Leave a comment:

• TchrBill
    replied

Try this, Rhett...and welcome to the Patriot League. Would be anxious to hear your thoughts. We have some good schools and BU is poised to make an immediate impact and win some titles.

http://www.voy.com/227566/

Incoming freshman class is posted...no expert here but looks like a talented group. No disrespect intended but would like to see someone other than Union dominate the headlines this season and take home the Cleary/ECAC title. My guess is any team will reign for a year or two before others take control of the wheel!

Leave a comment:

• Rhett
    replied

Not to crash the Colgate discussion... but where do you guys have active message boards/blogs for other sports? Especially Patriot League wide stuff?

I'm just getting over the shock of the BU to Patriot announcement and am trying to figure out where to get my latest news/rumors/smack/etc for non-hockey stuff. The main AEC board is on a site that only really discusses AEC and A-10.

Leave a comment:

• burgie12
    replied

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    Burgie - Not sure I can help, but have you tried the ECAC hockey website? (I'm not even sure they keep recaps of the games). Also the goraiders.com website: are there box scores of all past games where attendance figures would be shown? (again, I have not checked this myself, so these are just suggestions; I'm too lazy to check)
    I hadn't thought of the ECAC site. I did find the box score. It also lists the attendance as 0. Can anyone confirm that the game was actually played?

I have not been able to find any box scores on Colgate's website, just recaps.

Thank you very much for your help!

Leave a comment:

• ColSkate65
    replied

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    I know this is a strange question, but does anyone know where I can get the attendance information from the Fri, Nov 12, 2010 Princeton @ Colgate game (Silver Puck weekend)? College hockey stats .net lists it as 0, USCHO's box score doesn't have attendance and the game recap on go colgate raiders .com doesn't say anything about how many people were there. Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit to Add: Also, I tried taking the number reported on USCHO for total attendance on the season and subtracting all their "home" games (meaning that I had to include the Cape Cod game against Army), but the sum of those attendances equaled the reported attendance. So, now I'm really stumped for potential ways to find this information.
    Burgie - Not sure I can help, but have you tried the ECAC hockey website? (I'm not even sure they keep recaps of the games). Also the goraiders.com website: are there box scores of all past games where attendance figures would be shown? (again, I have not checked this myself, so these are just suggestions; I'm too lazy to check)

Leave a comment:

• burgie12
    replied

I know this is a strange question, but does anyone know where I can get the attendance information from the Fri, Nov 12, 2010 Princeton @ Colgate game (Silver Puck weekend)? College hockey stats .net lists it as 0, USCHO's box score doesn't have attendance and the game recap on go colgate raiders .com doesn't say anything about how many people were there. Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit to Add: Also, I tried taking the number reported on USCHO for total attendance on the season and subtracting all their "home" games (meaning that I had to include the Cape Cod game against Army), but the sum of those attendances equaled the reported attendance. So, now I'm really stumped for potential ways to find this information.
    Last edited by burgie12; 06-14-2012, 01:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ColSkate65
    replied

The Kings are Kings of Hockey! Congrats to LA on breaking a 45-year dry spell. If a #8 seed can win the Stanley Cup just think what can happen in the ECAC next season.

Leave a comment:

• ColSkate65
    replied

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Peter Baum won the Tewarrton Award as the best lacrosse player in the country(The Hobey Baker of lacrosse) Congrats !
    Winning both the Tewaarton and Enners Awards -- which I believe is a rare double -- elevates Peter to legendary status among Colgate athletes. Togerther with Austin's Hobey Hat Trick honor, it has been a heck of a year for 'Gate achievements in sports.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied

Peter Baum won the Tewarrton Award as the best lacrosse player in the country(The Hobey Baker of lacrosse) Congrats !

Leave a comment:

• Gate93
    replied

Congrats to the Lax team - thanks for making the long no-Gate-sports season a bit shorter.

Back to the hockey side of things, it looks to me like the women's hockey hire was, at least on paper, pretty good. Strong record of winning teams and good scholastics. Colgate wasn't going to steal someone else's DI successful head coach and I am not sure that women's hockey has developed a strong bench of assistants yet. In the scheme of things, it is still a very young sport that has seen significant growth over the past decade. It will be interesting to see if having a coach with hockey as his primary background changes things much in year 1 or whether it will take building a recruiting pipeline to bring the level up.

Leave a comment:

• 'Gate Man
    replied

Sometimes a team just has a bad day or is intimidated... not sure which one applied to the Raiders against Duke.

We have had some great lax teams the past several years, with wins against quality D1 teams, and should be strong again next year with the cast of returning players.

Congratulations to a strong Duke team and to Colgate for a terrific season. The experience gained this season should pay dividends in 2013 when we make another run!

Leave a comment:

• ColSkate65
    replied

Between our hockey run and our LAX run, I'm seriously stressed. Time for some down time before the puck drops again Thanks for the memories LAXers!

Leave a comment:

• ColSkate65
    replied

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Go Raiders Beat Duke !!!
    Ditto that! UMASS is not Duke; it will be a tough game. If Connor Murphy has a good day between the pipes and Peter Baum gets in his groove, anything is possible.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied

Go Raiders Beat Duke !!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X