Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2012 Offseason Thread: "If this is a dream, don't wake me!"

Scott McLaughlin ‏@smclaughlin9
    My HE preseason poll: 1. UML -- 2. BC -- 3. BU -- 4. PC -- 5. UNH -- 6. Maine -- 7. UMass -- 8. NU -- 9. MC -- 10. UVM
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

The newest Countdown to Faceoff has been posted.

The picture that accompanies it on the main goriverhawks.com page shows Monty at the beer stand. I know you're all shocked that he'd be there.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        The newest Countdown to Faceoff has been posted.

The picture that accompanies it on the main goriverhawks.com page shows Monty at the beer stand. I know you're all shocked that he'd be there.
        Looks like monty is ready to climb in the stand

Comment

Pretty cool, I went onto USCHO and the big banner on the top was for UML tickets.

Excited to be at Tsongas tonight. Didn't make it to this event last year, what kind of food do they usually have?
          UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Hey guys,
            I am so thrilled for this season, and as equally as excited as all of you. With that excitement, comes a little bit of concern for me regarding the offense – with the losses of Val and Ferreira, is anyone as anxious as me with how we are going to make up for 24g, 37a, 53pts? They both were in the top five in scoring, and offered 150 shots on net last year (which were tied for the top two shots on goal)
            Can Wilson, Arnold, Pendenza, Wallin and Holmstrom may up that difference? Will the freshmen coming in help make that difference?
            With three people gone from last year, and to fill those numbers on offense seems like a lot to ask any freshman. I think we will see a little inflation from Holmstrom, Wilson and Arnold. I think we need Wallin and Pendenza to really step it up this year to help fill the hole. Maybe the new additons on D will help?
            Just curious what others are thinking about this coming into the season. With so many excited about the year, interested to hear what people are thinking about this need…
            "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
            make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Late addition/Special feature at tonight's First Taste event: Between the Lines, an in-depth look at UMass Lowell recruiting hosted by Coach Bazin and his staff at 6:30 in the Talon Club.

*****http://www.goriverhawks.com/images/2012/9/19/BetweenTheLines.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by RiverHawks View Post
                Late addition/Special feature at tonight's First Taste event: Between the Lines, an in-depth look at UMass Lowell recruiting hosted by Coach Bazin and his staff at 6:30 in the Talon Club.
                Now this I'm interested in.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I think Holmstrom fills Ferreira's role on the PK/minutes logger from this past season. Both solid two way players that aren't flashy. They are hard nosed and you know exactly what you are getting from them.

In regards to Val, I don't think that will be a role the Riverhawks will need filled. Granted, he was a tremendous talent and had a great career, but after the UConn tournament I thought he really struggled. He tended to hold onto the puck for way too long and became more of a 1 man show up front. The Wetmore/Pendenza lines were consistent I felt while the coaching staff would float Val around different forwards because he was so tough to play with. He had plenty of highlight reel plays, but just wasn't a guy that fit well in this system.

With those minutes loosened up, I think you will see guys step up and fill some roles and produce more. I think the defense will be stronger this year with everyone coming back and some of the new recruits pushing in for minutes. Also, Houk played with Bazin at Hamilton so he has an idea of what is expected. Really only two guys with significant minutes from a "elite 8" team last year need to be replaced. The big question will be if Carr can have a close to repeat season.

In my mind, there is no reason this team shouldn't be a top 3 squad in HE while making the tournament. Granted this is all on paper and projections, can October get here already?

Comment

Wonderful night with the program tonight. Great to see that over the next few years, Lowell will be hosting (and I don't remember the years) Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Clarkson, Quinnipiac, Denver, CC and Harvard.
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Wonderful night with the program tonight. Great to see that over the next few years, Lowell will be hosting (and I don't remember the years) Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Clarkson, Quinnipiac, Denver, CC and Harvard.
                      I can get behind this...

Comment

Thanks to MaryK for getting the picture for me.

Non-conference home games coming up are:

Harvard
                        Clarkson
                        Quinnipiac

Penn State
                        Michigan
                        Michigan State
                        Quinnipiac
                        RPI

Brown
                        Colorado College

Denver
                        St. Lawrence
                        Minnesota Duluth
                        Monty

Comment

You're welcome! Sorry the other pic you wanted didn't come out. I knew I should have brought the other camera lens!

In addition to hosting these non-conference opponents we will host Notre Dame in 2013-2014, travel to South Bend in 2014-2015, host again the following season and so forth.

Comment

When do we go to Penn State? I have a co-worker who is a former professor there and he commutes back and forth from happy valley each week.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Coach didn't mention away travel/tournaments. I'd like to know that too so I can plan my travel budget for next year.

Comment

So what was discussed during the between the lines segment? Where they discussed the recruiting process. Anything to share with us? I am interested to hear what was expressed during that event...
                                "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                                make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Working...
                                X