Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More proof that the Regional system is a disaster: Today's attendance at the X is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: More proof that the Regional system is a disaster: Today's attendance at the X is

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Its already been stated that the X is a very different arena than its home ice...which makes distance to the U the only remaining 'benefit'. X is maybe 30 minutes away from the U. So what is the line in the sand for 'home ice'? Is it everywhere within an hour and a half? Well with programs like Princeton, that means Tampa will be getting a lot more business. Then the regional system will definitely be a disaster.

I have no problems with the NCAAs 'greedy' stance, because its not the NCAA behind this. Its the Universities and not the NCAA that are the driving the financials. See the numbers:

96 percent of NCAA revenue benefits the membership through distributions or services

The 96 percent figure includes:

• Division I distributions (60 percent)

• Championships (13 percent)

• Programs and national office services (19 percent)

• Other services (such as the Eligibility Center) (4 percent)

To be clear, the 96 percent includes much of the national office’s expenses (including salaries), which are housed in programmatic budgets. The 4 percent that remains is for central services, such as building operations and salaries not related to particular programs.

The NCAA like any other industry organization is doing everything it can to satisfy its members which are really its customers. And universities want this funding (along with alumn donations) to improve their ability to deliver education.
    Interesting post, assuming your facts are just that. ( And I'm making that assumption, by the way.)

Going by your numbers, it's easy to see why the NCAA wants to maximize revenue, since there are so many bills to pay... But I'm guessing that the 4% cleared is one heck of a lot of 'scarole just the same.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-28-2012, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Re: More proof that the Regional system is a disaster: Today's attendance at the X is

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      Sorry, again don't agree. Maybe in the lower level since a lot of those tickets went to administrators and higher up people instead of regular season ticket holders and fans, but from the balcony, the students there were quite boisterous.
      Well, I have to admit that I was sitting in the balcony ABOVE the BU sections, so I couldn't see directly below us. What I DID have a better view of was the other end (lower bowl and balcony) so it seemed as though there were a lot of Miami fans there. And whetever happened to "conference loyalty?" Does Vermont hate us too (rhetorical question - everyone hates us)?

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
        At the risk of having an opinion contrary to an inarguable statement, I'd have teams host playoff series at home. I'd rather have my team play on the road in a hostile full house than in a sterile, boring arena. If they were to rise to the challenge and win, all the better. UND went out and beat a ridiculous RPI team in 1984 when Jon Casey stood on his head, and part of what made it so memorable was that it occurred on the road.

As for the systems not being precise enough, they're not precise enough for anything, so they may as well be considered precise enough for everything. #17 feels worse about not being #16 than #9 feels about not being #8.
        And Northern Michigan at 16 felt a lot worse about not being 15...
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
        X