Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part III

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    I really hope this is not true, and if so, that it gets ironed out. NOT cool.
    I am so close to send a terse e-mail asking if this is true... gotta stop myself from doing it... this is a "divide by zero" type thing... just no... just no... just no!
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      I am so close to send a terse e-mail asking if this is true... gotta stop myself from doing it... this is a "divide by zero" type thing... just no... just no... just no!
      COWBELL! I wish I was going I have 5 extra cowbells.

Comment

Before we get any further...

Today is March 23rd, 2012 and today is a GREAT day for hockey!

UML! UML! UML!

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
          Heard that the Lowell band may not be making the trip down. Something along the lines the NCAA requires a roster and commitment that Lowell couldn't guarantee in time.
          Just got the Game-Day email from Scott D. with the following quote in it:

"For your reference, the UMass Lowell fan section is located in Section 107 and the River Hawk Pep Band will be in Section 108."
          UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
          2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
          2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
          https://twitter.com/umlweatherman

Comment

Originally posted by aznman08
            EDIT: Depending on when the student bus arrives, I would love to "officially" meet you guys at the pre-game meet up and have a beer or two....Ironically today I turn 22.....
            A bunch of us go to Beerworks before games at the Tsongas. If you're around next year, stop in there! We usually bail from there a bit after 6:30ish.

Won't make it down to Bridgeport. Have summer employment issues I need to take care of... (i.e. drinking with my boss in Maine and skiing before all the snow melts.) I will be listening on my phone and if we get past tonight, I'll be wearing my jersey whilst skiing tomorrow!

Comment

Well, the school sponsored event starts at 4pm at the Barnum Publick House so hopefully the bus will be there reasonably close to that time. Some of us will be scouting it out, checking the tap lines, etc. Already have my eye on the Chocolate Truffle Stout.
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Good luck to the Riverhawks.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                  A bunch of us go to Beerworks before games at the Tsongas. If you're around next year, stop in there! We usually bail from there a bit after 6:30ish.

Won't make it down to Bridgeport. Have summer employment issues I need to take care of... (i.e. drinking with my boss in Maine and skiing before all the snow melts.) I will be listening on my phone and if we get past tonight, I'll be wearing my jersey whilst skiing tomorrow!
                  I would have stopped by but have been mostly play pool with my girlfriend at the recreation center and going to the tsongas early as some students try to steal the easy button seating...

TODAY IS GAME DAY I have a feeling we'll be coming in on the yellow school buses again...Will try to stop by at the school event if I'm not feeling worn out from the ride.

Thought I would share an interesting fact retweeted this morning by Buccigross

Umas-Lowell: 22-2-1 this season when leading or tied after one period (1-10-0 when trailing after one period).

Comment

azn... There will be no beer in the arena... I repeat, no beer in the arena

Heading down from Naugatuck in 5 minutes or so

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Best of luck to Norm and the Riverhawks!!! Safe travels to the Lowell fans traveling down today - represent us well! I really hope that rumor about the band being denied is not true. They do a great job and are obviously big fans. They deserve to go! What they gonna do have a NCAA official at the door denying them entry?

I can't make the trip but I'll be at the Sports Zone for the game. WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Having grown up in Naugatuck.. I feel bad that you had to stay there a night.

Go UML!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                          I can't make the trip but I'll be at the Sports Zone for the game. WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!
                          See you there!

Comment

Noted....Might try to stop by Barnum Publick House approximately T-6hours 45 min and counting.

Comment

Little tip for folks heading to the Sports Zone: The Thai restaurant "Thai Parima" in the same plaza is excellent! I'm very snobby about Thai food and this little place is the real deal. Most entrees are under $10 and they let you discreetly bring your own beer/wine, just stick the bag under the table and ask for a plastic cup.

No beer at the arena in Bridgeport?! Why the F not? Not interested in an extra $5k to $10K in concession sales I guess.

Comment

Leaving for Bridgeport now. Will leave you with this parting thought that hopefully is an omen and sign of good things to come tonight. On March 23, 1996 (this exact date), this happened:

Senior defenseman Dave Barozzino turns the hat trick as UMass Lowell beats seventh-ranked Michigan State 6-2 in the first round of the West Regional of the NCAA Tournament in East Lansing, Michigan. Senior right wing Christian Sbrocca ties Shane Henry’s Division I school record by passing out an assist for the 10th straight game. Sbrocca would break
                                the record in the next game.
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X