Irish hockey: Straight Inta the Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Irish hockey: Straight Inta the Off-Season

Will games be shown, like last year, on the und.com network? I went over there today and it was different. I don't see any links to watching games, for any sport, on the network. It may just be early, but I remember the womens soccer team had games up last year and they don't this year (yet). Today's their first game, and it's an away game, but you'd think there would be some indications that they were showing some of the games. I don't know, maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameFan27 View Post
      Will games be shown, like last year, on the und.com network? I went over there today and it was different. I don't see any links to watching games, for any sport, on the network. It may just be early, but I remember the womens soccer team had games up last year and they don't this year (yet). Today's their first game, and it's an away game, but you'd think there would be some indications that they were showing some of the games. I don't know, maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.
      Road games were not shown on UND.com for any of the sports. They will still be covering games on UND.com as before.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
        Road games were not shown on UND.com for any of the sports. They will still be covering games on UND.com as before.
        Do you know this for sure? They haven't shown any mens soccer games, even a home game. There are no links or indication that womens soccer games will be shown. There are no upcoming events listed at the video site, even though the womens season has begun.

Comment

New additions are going up on the walls of the Compton.
          "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
            New additions are going up on the walls of the Compton.
            Did Mr. JJfP's group make these?
            Cindy

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            Courage to change the things I can,
            And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Third Family Member View Post
              No. While they are one of the "preferred vendors" for the University, they usually do academic-oriented stuff. Otherwise, I would tell him to steal a copy to hang here!

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

This ought to be mighty cool, if for no other reason than Mark Van Guilder and Christian Hanson are back! smiley. heart. squared.

Comment

Originally posted by Third Family Member View Post
                  I sort of spoke too soon. His place is making hockey banners for a new booth that will be at all home FB games...selling only hockey stuff!

Remember when you would go into the pro shop at the JACC and find a gazillion ND football, basketball and polo shirts, but only one or two hockey items?

Pro camp is almost over (man was it cool to see Christian Hanson in all his shaggy glory and Mark Van Guilder leading some impressive post-scrimmage drills). Team photos have been taken. 38 days til the first official practice. Hurry up already!

Comment

Aauugghh!

Speedy recovery. At least I picked Fogarty for my newbie to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                      Aauugghh!

Speedy recovery. At least I picked Fogarty for my newbie to watch.
                      Tough loss. Wish him a speedy recovery.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

On a lighter note, here's a nice piece on the pro camp.

Comment

Please, please don't let this happen at the hockey games.

The first official practice is a month away. Then it's the <18s, who apparently lost the series to the Canadians. Then it's off to KC. {a smile creeps across my face}

Comment

Unfortunate that Mario got hurt. He'll be an excellent player for Notre Dame. I will be curious how Fogarty does. I think his offense will probably tail off as a college player and he'll become more of a physical, defensive minded type... but he should be solid.
                            University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Interesting that this article about Notre Dame's move to the ACC in "all" sports but football states "...it is presumed that Notre Dame will go through with its planned move to Hockey East in that sport [hockey]..."

Let's hope that no one reads more into this than needs be. I want this season to start without a question mark.
                              Last edited by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres.; 09-12-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Just Read On Goon's World....

NBC Sports will be covering the Ice Breaker First round Games, As Well As The Finals...

Go Irish...

Comment

Working...
                                X