Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2012 NCAA hockey regionals SYNDICATED games info thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2012 NCAA hockey regionals SYNDICATED games info thread..

All this being said , I've never heard of an "outside the footprint" blackout before for regionals

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
      Hockey man, ESPN is still broadcasting the game, in their view. On espn3
      Right, but that's no substitute for a real, honest to goodness TV feed. ESPN3 isn't available to a fair amount of people out there too.

This blackout is the ultimate slap in the face. Moving content like the selection show and the Frozen Four semi over to ESPNU is one thing, but this blackout today on the sat providers is something the NCAA needs to look into. They're making it harder and harder for people to find a way to see these games, and that shouldn't be the case. It's frankly not good for the sport either.

Comment

All this being said , I've never heard of an "outside the footprint" blackout before for regionals
        That's the whole point

Can't get enough of OT LAX action too. Every year....lol.

Comment

This is heeeeeeeeeeelarious.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No access to espn3? Try this peer to peer streaming site of
            www.wiziwig.eu

I've has plenty of success there during the regular season of games on local networks or streams

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
              Well there you have it. Not sure who to blame, FSN or ESPN, but it sucks.

Love the LAX game now instead of BC-Air Force on ESPNU also....what decade does ESPN finally cough up the rights to this?
              But they will probably renew the contract because they want the regular season hoops games.

Comment

Blacked out on FSN here in NC. Available on NESN. So, the "regional footprint" theory doesn't hold water (I'm in North Carolina).
                University of Minnesota Golden Gophers
                National Champions 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Thank you. So it is a FSN north issue. Probably either a screw up on their part or they didn't pay enough for full coverage

Comment

Thank you. So it is a FSN north issue. Probably either a screw up on their part or they didn't pay enough for full coverage
                    How about the possibility that ESPN hates Fox (which is pretty much known by all) and wouldn't grant FSN North the same rights as they did NESN and Altitude? Did they drive up the price on them?

I wasn't sitting in the board room, but you sound like the world's ultimate ESPN apologist. Seriously. You basically have defended every programming decision and move they've made in every thread on the topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                      How about the possibility that ESPN hates Fox (which is pretty much known by all) and wouldn't grant FSN North the same rights as they did NESN and Altitude? Did they drive up the price on them?

I wasn't sitting in the board room, but you sound like the world's ultimate ESPN apologist. Seriously. You basically have defended every programming decision and move they've made in every thread on the topic.
                      Conspiracy theories aside, methinks FSN north screwed up

Comment

Conspiracy theories aside, methinks FSN north screwed up
                        But how, and why? You think they would intentionally tell Directv and Dish to black out their feed? What purpose would that serve?

For whatever reason they don't have the rights outside their region. I don't know what the reason is, but it can't be a coincidence only FSN is having a blackout issue while other outlets are free to show it to everyone. There's definitely something between FSN and ESPN, and that's not a "conspiracy theory," it's been written about before. Wouldn't surprise me at all that it has something to do with that.
                        Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 03-24-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I think FSN north encoded the feed as if it was a wild/twins/twolves game

Nesn has not
                          One would think that ESPN syndication would want their product and commercial to reach as many people as possible. But I may be wrong
                          Last edited by billmich88888; 03-24-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Nesn has not
                            And they did it from the grassy knoll apparently.

Comment

They've come out and specifically stated it's "per ESPN Syndication" meaning -- for whatever reason -- they only have rights to their region.

If it was an "encoding" issue, it'd be the fault of DirecTV or Dish for putting a blackout where it doesn't belong. As we've found out, that wasn't the case.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                                They've come out and specifically stated it's "per ESPN Syndication" meaning -- for whatever reason -- they only have rights to their region.
                                ESPN screwing with FOX affiliates like this while letting NESN do what they want should answer the question about whether ESPN would ever consider selling the rights to NBC Sports because "NBC shows all the other college hockey."

That answer is no.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X