X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    Go UMD!
    Yeah, how's that working out for ya?

Don't worry, BC cleaned up the mess that Maine left.
    National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
    two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
    b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

• Re: 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

And there I was trying to be nice......
      It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

• Re: 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

UMD should have ripped the BC net off its pins. It seemed to work well enough against Maine.

Chris V
        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
          Yeah, how's that working out for ya?

Don't worry, BC cleaned up the mess that Maine left.
          Ha! They can keep Timmay and BU can keep JP to continue their ineptitude. We can enjoy the moment and hope BC can win 2 more! Haven't seen you awhile here Craig. Hope things are going well for you.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Deep Blue View Post
            3. That Worcester crowd is embarrassing. I know Maine is not playing today - but where is everyone ?
            Crowd was exactly what I thought it would be...between 4 and 5 thousand. I don't know what people were expecting with Maine being eliminated and the opposing team only having about 20 fans there...game starting at 8 EST on a Sunday night while also being on TV...and ridiculous ticket prices.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Crowd was exactly what I thought it would be...between 4 and 5 thousand. I don't know what people were expecting with Maine being eliminated and the opposing team only having about 20 fans there...game starting at 8 EST on a Sunday night while also being on TV...and ridiculous ticket prices.
              answering the question perfectly on the question of the crowd............... point A,B,C,D,E, on sunday at 8PM,obscene ticket prices ,on TV, UMD far away, no Maine and i agree , i thought we would have what we got about 4-5K

edit: another reason, GDF and the school doing nothing to get kids there, just shameful
              Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-26-2012, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Congratulations to BC. A shutout of a very good UMD team by an outstanding BC defense. I think the semi-final in Tampa has the potential to be a better matchup than the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  edit: another reason, GDF and the school doing nothing to get kids there, just shameful
                  I think they have student buses these days, which is an improvement (albeit a tiny one) over my day in the late 90s. I was lucky to have a car then.
                  Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    answering the question perfectly on the question of the crowd............... point A,B,C,D,E, on sunday at 8PM,obscene ticket prices ,on TV, UMD far away, no Maine and i agree , i thought we would have what we got about 4-5K

He cares more about hosting the hoops even though we have no team in it. Hockey has brought BC to prominence.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Congratulations to BC. A shutout of a very good UMD team by an outstanding BC defense. I think the semi-final in Tampa has the potential to be a better matchup than the championship.
                      Yes, agreed. The eye-opening thing for me is BC's defense and how it has evolved. Not simply the goaltending, but taking care of the shooting lanes and minimizing second-chance shots.
                      Chris V
                      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                        Yes, agreed. The eye-opening thing for me is BC's defense and how it has evolved. Not simply the goaltending, but taking care of the shooting lanes and minimizing second-chance shots.
                        That was particularly obvious on the PK in the 3rd (which seemed about 10 minutes of game time). Despite 5 on 4 and 5 on 3 not a ton of opportunities. I was shocked at how stationary the UMD players were. Here you have a team on the back end of a back to back, that just spent the first half of the period killing a penalty and you're passing it around looking for a one timer, move, alter the lanes, BC was blocking everything and funneling play wide.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          That was particularly obvious on the PK in the 3rd (which seemed about 10 minutes of game time). Despite 5 on 4 and 5 on 3 not a ton of opportunities. I was shocked at how stationary the UMD players were. Here you have a team on the back end of a back to back, that just spent the first half of the period killing a penalty and you're passing it around looking for a one timer, move, alter the lanes, BC was blocking everything and funneling play wide.
                          UMD must have been gassed.. That's what Maine fans were saying about Maine's inability to move the puck in the third period against them in the semi-final.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            My sentiments exactly. It was a real shame seeing Maine eliminated. No disrepect to the Bulldogs, but if the "Mainers" were there last evening there would have been a lot more energy and a lot more people in the building.

...and speaking of the "building" I am all in favor of locales other than Boston being used to host the Northeast Regional, but the DCU Center is WAY PAST DUE for a renovation. Bathrooms need to be enlarged, sight-lines need improvement, seats need to be replaced in the lower bowl, lighting should be enhanced, and the whole place needs a fresh coat of paint (preferably something other than that dingy beige color that permeates the whole venue). Maybe if and/or when the DCU Center starts its much-needed spuce up the regional could be moved during those years it is not in Manchester, NH to possibly Providence, RI (Dunkin' Donuts Center), Springfield, MA (MassMutual Arena), or Portland, ME.
                            "Love means never having to say you are sorry." Oliver Barrett, IV from the movie "Love Story". The cinematic masterpiece that forever immortalizes a CORNELL victory over CRIMSON vermin!

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              They got a few wide open looks on those late pp and their shooters just blew it. I can't say it was nerves since they were champs and came from behind the night before. Maybe Milner was in their head a little and they rushed shots
                              Last edited by SteveF; 03-26-2012, 02:47 PM.
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
                                and the whole place needs a fresh coat of paint (preferably something other than that dingy beige color that permeates the whole venue).
                                It matched BC's jerseys so well, how could you hate it?
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X