No announcement yet.

2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Spencer Abbott < Jack E. Pants

Will Abbott even play?
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Go Air Force!

Comment

Re: 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

may the force be with them!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

An interesting dichotomy in that no player in the early game will have a beard, mustache or mullett. In the second game, not so much.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

ESPN3 is a joke. Online only? The NBC Sports Network has been showing regular season college hockey games nationally, and ESPN bought the Rights to college hockey playoff games only to have big playoff match-ups shown on the Internet only and force fans to use their "service." ESPN is doing a great disservice to college hockey fans if it refuses to allow other carriers to pick up the ESPN3 stream to watch on TV locally. Duluth fans and Maine fans should unite and tell the NCAA that this is unacceptable to not be able to watch the semifinal live on TV. A rebroadcast of the game on TV two hours later is insulting for the defending National Champs and Maine Hockey fans both. When you can't even go to a bar to watch the game because it's only available online and bars don't carry online streams you know we have a problem.
          Last edited by blackbearbandie; 03-18-2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
            ESPN3 is a joke. Online only? The NBC Sports Network has been showing regular season college hockey games nationally, and ESPN bought the Rights to college hockey playoff games only to have big playoff match-ups shown on the Internet only and force fans to use their "service." ESPN is doing a great disservice to college hockey fans if it refuses to allow other carriers to pick up the ESPN3 stream to watch on TV locally. Duluth fans and Maine fans should unite and tell the NCAA that this is unacceptable to not be able to watch the semifinal live on TV. A rebroadcast of the game on TV two hours later is insulting for the defending National Champs and Maine Hockey fans both. When you can't even go to a bar to watch the game because it's only available online and bars don't carry online streams you know we have a problem.
            You do realize that ESPN only has college hockey because it's tied in with other (bigger sports) NCAA contracts, right? If it were up to them, I don't think they'd show any of the games, on any channel.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Am curious about UMD this year. Any fans care to chime in with a scouting report?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                You do realize that ESPN only has college hockey because it's tied in with other (bigger sports) NCAA contracts, right? If it were up to them, I don't think they'd show any of the games, on any channel.
                Regional networks would, just like they used to
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

That certainly may be a correct assumption, but regardless, it is a great injustice not to show the Duluth vs Maine game live on TV only to "force" fans into watching an Internet stream if they are capable. We the fans deserve better, and ESPN better take notice and allow local Television stations to buy their signal at a reasonable rate to show live on TV in the local markets to prevent any more dishonor of the ESPN brand name.
                  Last edited by blackbearbandie; 03-18-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Regional networks would, just like they used to
                    And that usually happens.

Every year, ESPN gets thrown under the bus (rightfully so), and many do not understand that the contracts/ratings that come in to play.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                      That certainly may be a correct assumption, but regardless, it is a great injustice not to show the Duluth vs Maine game live on TV only to "force" fans into watching an Internet stream if they are capable. We the fans deserve better, and ESPN better take notice and allow local Television stations to buy their signal at a reasonable rate to show live on TV in the local markets to prevent any more dishonor of the ESPN brand name.
                      Not sure what to make of it, hopefully it is picked up in Duluth for the fans up there. I am content to watch in on ESPN3. I wish it was on ESPNU because that is in HD now

Any UMD game that I cannot make I am happy to watch somehow someway

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                      Am curious about UMD this year. Any fans care to chime in with a scouting report?
                      I'll do my best.
                      UMD is the highest scoring team in college hockey (when I last checked)

The two best players are Jack Connolly and JT Brown. Jack will make some awesome passes that few players can do. He is a great leader for the team and hopefully with an extended run can gain 6 more points to reach 200 in his career (200 career points is like the 300 game winner in baseball). JT Brown is one of the fastest guys on skates in college hockey. He is electric with the puck, watch out for him on any break away as he will dangle the **** out of you. Travis Oleksuk is a 50 point scorer on the second line with JT and can score some goals. Been awesomse to watch him develop as his career has gone on. THe defense for UMD is led by Brady Lamb and gets the job done. (I hope someone can say more about our defense)

UMD usually has a killer power play, but this year it is just average. The PK is usually average but is slighly below average, that would be our biggest weakness.

Kenny Reiter has come out of nowhere to become one of the best goalies in UMD history. He has been clutch in the post season (although he was great and only okay at times against DU in the Final Five). Kenny somehow finds an extra gear in the playoffs.

IF anyone can add to this it would be great.

Read up on Abbott, sounds like it will be tough for him to play this weekend. But you never know...

Can anyone say something about UMaine?
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Umaine
                        Not very deep, 1st line might be the best in college hockey if Abbott is 100%, if not???????
                        Matt Mangene, best skater in the East that I've seen, never used to be able to finish, this year is different
                        Goalie, Sully has improved by leaps and bounds this year, thought he kept Maine in the game against BC, Last year BC would have put up 20 on him but he has really improved, not Jimmy Howard but better than we had since Bishop
                        The D, can be ok, can be awful. If UMD can skate like BC can, then our D will be exposed.

PP is good when Abbott is playing, otherwise, who the F knows
                        PK less than stellar, better later in the season than early though.

Maine is the underdog especially if Abbott can't go, also none of these players know whats its like to be in the NCAAs, been quite a drought

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Umaine
                          Not very deep, 1st line might be the best in college hockey if Abbott is 100%, if not???????
                          Matt Mangene, best skater in the East that I've seen, never used to be able to finish, this year is different
                          Goalie, Sully has improved by leaps and bounds this year, thought he kept Maine in the game against BC, Last year BC would have put up 20 on him but he has really improved, not Jimmy Howard but better than we had since Bishop
                          The D, can be ok, can be awful. If UMD can skate like BC can, then our D will be exposed.

PP is good when Abbott is playing, otherwise, who the F knows
                          PK less than stellar, better later in the season than early though.

Maine is the underdog especially if Abbott can't go, also none of these players know whats its like to be in the NCAAs, been quite a drought
                          UMD is similarly built like BC. Smaller sized players who can skate fast and pass well. That bodes well for tUMD!
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            UMD is similarly built like BC. Smaller sized players who can skate fast and pass well. That bodes well for tUMD!
                            BC isn't very small anymore

Sandbagging aside, I think has to play a perfect game to beat UMD

Comment

And that usually happens.

Every year, ESPN gets thrown under the bus (rightfully so), and many do not understand that the contracts/ratings that come in to play.
                              Which is fine if you live in the home region. Absolutely zero chance My9 (local from Duluth) will be found in the Twin Cities market. Looks like we will just have to find a fast computer and watch ESPN3 or listen to the radio feed.
                              How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Working...
                              X