No announcement yet.

2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
    AFA has proven that they belong in this tourney time and time again with a win over Michigan
    Nice.
    OT loss to Miami
    Decent.
    OT loss to Yale
    Not exactly something to write home about...
    a one goal loss to Minnesota
    Decent.
    a double OT loss to Vermont
    WHOA... Here you lost me. That is an abysmal loss. Do not brag about losing to Vermont, ever.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Re: 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

I think BC/AFA could be interesting. BC (as always) has incredible speed, and they seem to have gotten better as the season has worn on. They are peaking at the right time for sure. AFA had a few bad games after their win at CC, but this is not a team to take lightly. They favor a high tempo game which could be just what BC wants, but it is also something AFA is not too likely to back down from. The thing with AFA is that they pretty much outwork everyone they play. Aside from CC, I watch Air Force more than any team, and their work ethic, discipline, coaching, and hockey smarts are mind boggling at times. That keeps them in games against more talented opponents.

AFA has a senior blue line pairing of Scott Mathis and Tim Kirby, who are one of the top blue line combinations in the country, and CERTAINLY the best pairing we've ever seen at Air Force. AHA, HEA, WCHA, I don't care. These guys are GOOD and can play anywhere. Both are great puck movers, but also responsible defensively. They will be out there on the PP, PK, and even strength...doesn't matter the situation, they'll be out there for a lot of minutes. I know the BC fans well enough to know you won't take this team for granted, and I know Jerry will have the boys ready to play. BC has more talent and more skill. But they HAVE to match the work ethic of AFA, or at least come close. I've had a couple CC players tell me that AFA is the biggest PITA to play against because they know they're going to pay a harder price for every inch of ice for every minute of the game no matter the circumstance. BC should win against Air Force almost every time they play. But if they aren't on their "A" game and their "A" work ethic, Air Force can and WILL take them down. AFA has proven that they belong in this tourney time and time again with a win over Michigan, OT losses to Miami and Yale, a double OT loss to Vermont, and a one goal loss to Minnesota. So this isn't a team to take lightly.

Just saying.
      Exactly, not a team you really want to play...its been their MO for as long as I can remember.
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshot08 View Post
        You are easily the biggest clown on this forum. It s obvious that you know nothing about the game and certainly have never played it. Your whole writeup is based on last nights game. Maine isn't very deep when compared to BC... no team is. But they won out the regular season against BC and BU. All while holding both teams' top lines scoreless.

So, if you're sandbagging, nicely done. If you're being your usual negative, ignorant self (which is my bet), give it a rest.
        Good job...feel free to whale on Wally ad nauseum...trust me he deserves every bit of it Just keep in mind, if there ever was a real live Paul Bunyon, its Wolly. He goes about 6'10 and 5,000 lbs dripping wet. So watch ur tongue.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

You are easily the biggest clown on this forum. It s obvious that you know nothing about the game and certainly have never played it. Your whole writeup is based on last nights game. Maine isn't very deep when compared to BC... no team is. But they won out the regular season against BC and BU. All while holding both teams' top lines scoreless.

So, if you're sandbagging, nicely done. If you're being your usual negative, ignorant self (which is my bet), give it a rest.
          Instead of whining about my opinion, why not tell UMD fans what you think about Maines current team. I don't see Maine as a deep team nor do I believe their PK is that good, maybe you do, convince me otherwise
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

BC has to play somebody and there's a reason the AHA champ is always #16. That doesn't mean it's an automatic win or that it won't be a tough game, but it's still the most favorable opponent for BC in Worcester IMO. The only alternative was Cornell which would have brought a ton of fans. If they happen to lose, I will tip my cap to AF. Actually, even if BC wins I'll tip my cap to AF

If BC can't beat AF, they wouldn't have been good enough to win the whole thing anyway.

Comment

I think BC/AFA could be interesting. BC (as always) has incredible speed, and they seem to have gotten better as the season has worn on. They are peaking at the right time for sure. AFA had a few bad games after their win at CC, but this is not a team to take lightly. They favor a high tempo game which could be just what BC wants, but it is also something AFA is not too likely to back down from.
              Excellent, looking forward to some up & down play.

Comment

Huh?

Seriously, BC gave away 3 points up in Orono with the 2nd and 3rd string goalies. Credit to Maine for taking what BC gave them but they mean even less than nothing at this point (all prior games mean nothing but clearly those 2 games are not indicative of these two teams).
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Do you all think tickets for Saturday's games will sell out? I'm wondering if I should by them at 10, or if I could save fees and pick them up at the box office on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by MainefaninMA View Post
                    Do you all think tickets for Saturday's games will sell out? I'm wondering if I should by them at 10, or if I could save fees and pick them up at the box office on Saturday.
                    Are you going Friday? Even if Saturday is "sold out" theoretically, you can almost certainly buy tickets on Friday from a fan of the losing teams.

Comment

I caved and purchased the two day package already primarily because I was afraid of all the Mainers taking the good seats! I was able to get great seats and considering I didn't go to the Garden, this is my last chance to see BC in person. Easily justified in my mind to pay the extra fees. If they make it to Tampa I won't be going.

Comment

The games are Sat and Sun. I'm not positive I can make it Sunday (plus Maine would have to win) am more concerned with Saturday's game.

Comment

Originally posted by MainefaninMA View Post
                          The games are Sat and Sun. I'm not positive I can make it Sunday (plus Maine would have to win) am more concerned with Saturday's game.
                          Ooops. Sorry.

Comment

Maine's not deep, compared to really, anyone except BU since half their team left. To win the regional, Maine will need secondary scoring, which means a guy like maybe Mark Anthoine or Kyle Beattie has a big weekend. Other than that what Wally said.

If Abbott plays and is himself, I really think any one of 3 teams can win this one. If not, I don't see how Maine can win, barring an absolute explosion by somebody else or some kind of flukey goalie intervention.

If Maine's at 100% I think this has the potential to be the best first round match-up on the board. Possible Hobey implications if Abbott's OK, that's pretty cool if you ask me.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                              Regional networks are free to pick up any of the ESPN3 games -- they all say "ESPN Syndication" on them. If you have a dish you'll probably get some/most of them.
                              True, but just so that everyone is clear on this (Tom Cruise: "Am I clear?" Jack Nicholson: "Crystal")...YES, you will "get" them, but not for free. I have DirecTV - regarding the "regional" sports networks, unless you have them included in your "package" you get that message "You are not subscribed to this channel." So it's not as if you can just flip over and watch them. You will have to pay. Not that I won't, but I just want everyone to realize that they're not available for FREE.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                True, but just so that everyone is clear on this (Tom Cruise: "Am I clear?" Jack Nicholson: "Crystal")...YES, you will "get" them, but not for free. I have DirecTV - regarding the "regional" sports networks, unless you have them included in your "package" you get that message "You are not subscribed to this channel." So it's not as if you can just flip over and watch them. You will have to pay. Not that I won't, but I just want everyone to realize that they're not available for FREE.
                                I have DirecTV with all the regional sports networks. I'm hoping one of them picks it up. Also, there are alternate ESPN channels. Is it possible one of them will show the game live? Biddco, there is an open invitation to watch it at my house if it is shown live on a channel I can get on DirecTV.

Comment

Working...
                                X