2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    It matched BC's jerseys so well, how could you hate it?
    Maybe it will match umd's participation ribbons for finishing the season empty handed. I hear these things come in threes
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Re: 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      Maybe it will match umd's participation ribbons for finishing the season empty handed. I hear these things come in threes
      Actually ours are gold. Not grey poupon colored like yours.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Re: 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
        My sentiments exactly. It was a real shame seeing Maine eliminated. No disrepect to the Bulldogs, but if the "Mainers" were there last evening there would have been a lot more energy and a lot more people in the building.

...and speaking of the "building" I am all in favor of locales other than Boston being used to host the Northeast Regional, but the DCU Center is WAY PAST DUE for a renovation. Bathrooms need to be enlarged, sight-lines need improvement, seats need to be replaced in the lower bowl, lighting should be enhanced, and the whole place needs a fresh coat of paint (preferably something other than that dingy beige color that permeates the whole venue). Maybe if and/or when the DCU Center starts its much-needed spuce up the regional could be moved during those years it is not in Manchester, NH to possibly Providence, RI (Dunkin' Donuts Center), Springfield, MA (MassMutual Arena), or Portland, ME.
        The Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland is slated for a renovation sometime this year. I'm sure this venue would draw well, but I doubt the NCAA would move it that far north because of the perception of being out of the southern New England market.
        Last edited by Runsub5; 03-26-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          The Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland is slated for a renovation sometime this year. I'm sure this venue would draw well, but I doubt the NCAA would move it that far north because of the perception of being out of the southern New England market.
          What a party that wud be though, huh? It would be a fun place to have it. Makes no sense though...why breathe life into college hockey?
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Wasn't seating capacity the major stumbling block to the most recent CCCC bid?
            (stifles laughter)

Is the renovation going to add seating capacity? Or is it just going to splash on some new paint, maybe some new seats, and something resembling a real concourse?
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
              ? Or is it just going to splash on some new paint, maybe some new seats, and something resembling a real concourse?
              This
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
              X