No announcement yet.

2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

I'll gladly take UMD flying under the radar here, although I can say I'm fairly surprised by that. People seem to forget that we're first in the nation in scoring, finished second in the WCHA, and are a veteran tested team. But, if people want to just give the regional to BC now, I'll take that.
    "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

• Re: 2012 Northeast Regional: Boston College, Air Force, Maine and Minnesota Duluth

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      This even sounds like a Maine kinda place
      HAHAHAHA!! good stuff! I'm a pretty useful tool, myself!

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
        I'll gladly take UMD flying under the radar here, although I can say I'm fairly surprised by that. People seem to forget that we're first in the nation in scoring, finished second in the WCHA, and are a veteran tested team. But, if people want to just give the regional to BC now, I'll take that.
        ... who collapsed at the end of the season. That's why you're not likely getting the attention most expected. Plus BC is the easy pick of the #1 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
          ... who collapsed at the end of the season. That's why you're not likely getting the attention most expected. Plus BC is the easy pick of the #1 seed.
          I wouldn't exactly call going 12-6-3 in the second half of the season as a "collapse" as you put it. But hey, we all have different opinions on what words mean.

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
            If you mean flying under the radar in that the #1 seed in the region has won 15 straight...fine. But you're the defending champs until beaten...I don't think anyone from Maine is underestimating you. UMD is the #2 seed, not Maine. As for people "giving" the regional to BC...that's a bit of a strawman argument.

Comment

[QUOTE=acs64;5405182]... He should be playing for Merrihack....no wait, even they wouldnt have him.
              QUOTE]Yes we would! He'd fit right in (except for the fact he can actually score and he's not 25 )
              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                Just like last year when they had a similar collapse at the end of the regular season and in the Final Five. I also like that they are not getting much attention.

Comment

Maine's getting attention because of the injury to Abbott. If someone wants to give Connolly a concussion, I bet UMD will get a lot more attention, too.

It's also where you landed. Jerry York is too smart to talk about the regional final before playing the first game. And Maine's a bit preoccupied at the moment (see above). Rest assured, though, neither York nor Whitehead has forgotten who won last year.
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    Black Bear fans will be able to rally at Maxwell Silverman's Toolhouse Restaurant located at 25 Union St. Worcester. Three blocks from the DCU Center. Special BBQ buffet available and cash bar. Need to call 1-800-934-2586 if interested in buffet. 4:00p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
                    During the first game? Poor planning on their part. How about a joint at say 1 pm?
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

[QUOTE=RENCEB;5406233]
                      Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                      ... He should be playing for Merrihack....no wait, even they wouldnt have him.
                      QUOTE]Yes we would! He'd fit right in (except for the fact he can actually score and he's not 25 )
                      You can have him at the end of next season....at least until he turns 25

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Also known as a SHART.
                        Half chit, half fart.

I'll be hanging in the smokers section between periods. Come out and get some fresh air.
                        Keep the smoke, but I'll take a beer, no problem.

Comment

During the first game? Poor planning on their part. How about a joint at say 1 pm?
                          Keep the smoke, but I'll take a beer, no problem.
                          Too late. Your secret is out.
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

You can have one in the smoking section between periods.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                              It's also where you landed. Jerry York is too smart to talk about the regional final before playing the first game. And Maine's a bit preoccupied at the moment (see above). Rest assured, though, neither York nor Whitehead has forgotten who won last year.
                              Exactly. Don't worry UMD fans, you will have the proper attention paid to you - I hate how fans say they rather be under the radar when they SHOULD know the teams playing aren't falling into that trap.
                              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                If you mean flying under the radar in that the #1 seed in the region has won 15 straight...fine. But you're the defending champs until beaten...I don't think anyone from Maine is underestimating you. UMD is the #2 seed, not Maine. As for people "giving" the regional to BC...that's a bit of a strawman argument.
                                Just did a little number crunching on this 15 game win streak that BC has had. While any 15 game win streak is impressive, the combined record of the teams they beat on that streak was 105-139-29. They had 6 of those wins (3 against each) against Providence and Vermont, whose combined record is 20-47-5. They only won 4 games out of the 15 against teams over .500. Those were 1 against Maine and BU (In the HE championship game and Beanpot Championship game) and 2 against Merrimack. Again, I think a 15 game win streak is impressive no matter what, but it wasn't like they were playing juggernaut competition during that time.

Comment

Working...
                                X