X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Midwest Regional: Michigan, Ferris, Denver and Cornell

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Nice win Cornell
    Thank you, Cornell, for making UNO fan's night.

Let's see, goal disallowed, and Michigan loses. One year too late.

What goes around comes around.

Comment

Bitter Mav's fan. As it relates to this game tonight, Michigan got every call, had two 5 on 3's, yet gave up a short handed goal. Cornell deserved it tonight. Tough loss for Mich (and Hunwick, who really did not have his best game). And Congrats to Cornell on a well earned win.
      Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Congrats to FSU and Cornell. Two good games today. FSU played a very disciplined strong defensive game. Good luck tomorrow!
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Didn't see a second of the game... Oh, well. Congratulations to Cornell.

Funny how this regional is turning out that the predicted lesser team, via the news, both won.

Go ferris..

Comment

Tonight's game will be decided on who can trap the trap the best!
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Tonight's game will be decided on who can trap the trap the best!
              Or by the team that show enough poise on the puck to still manage to maintain possession and give themselves chances. Michigan and Denver didn't and that's why they're done.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
                Bitter Mav's fan. As it relates to this game tonight, Michigan got every call, had two 5 on 3's, yet gave up a short handed goal. Cornell deserved it tonight. Tough loss for Mich (and Hunwick, who really did not have his best game). And Congrats to Cornell on a well earned win.
                I believe the first line should read "after Michigan's goal was disallowed, Michigan got every call"
                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                ---
                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                  I believe the first line should read "after Michigan's goal was disallowed, Michigan got every call"
                  True, but the AHA crew more than made up for that call. CU spent 9:37 on the PK in the second, including 2 5v3s and DeSwardt was ejected.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    Just confirmed it, its an all Atlantic Hockey Association Crew... We in the AHA welcome you to our world and apologies in advance... We await your comments...
                    I didn't think there were refs out there worse than Kotyra... at least they goal the disallowed goal right.

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                      I don't think that's true. Michigan hurt themselves by taking a (dumb) penalty just seconds into their 5 minute major and the call against Michigan that led to Cornell's PP goal was as marginal as any that were called against them.

That said, the officiating had a huge role in deciding this game between the controversial waived off goal ( I would mention that it was as asinine as the "completing the process " rule in the NFL) and the multitude of penalties called against Cornell. Big Red earned the win by denying those PP chances, scoring on one of their own, scoring a SHG and being the better team in OT.

BTW- UNO is irrelevant, period.

Comment

Can anyone say what happened with the disallowed goal. At the game, they didn't say anything over the speakers on the why
                        Last edited by revcraig; 03-24-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I find it simply amazing that there is ALWAYS several common threads at tournament time:

Every time somebody gets eliminated, their fans blame the officials.
                          Before the tournament begins, everybody, no matter which conference they follow, seems convinced THEIR conference's officials are the WORST.
                          After the game(s) fans of losing teams all seem to believe that the ONLY officials worse than the idiots in their OWN conference, are the morons from the OTHER conference that just robbed their team.

Check out the threads from the other regionals, and see if I'm right.
                          Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

No, I was there. Some of those calls made against Cornell were baffling. Not to say that Michigan got away with things. They didn't. Played a clean game. But sometimes, you just shook your head at a call. And I am a UMDuluth fan

Comment

Originally posted by revcraig View Post
                              Can anyone say what happened with the disallowed goal. At the game, they didn't say anything over the speakers on the why
                              They really never gave a complete explanation on TV, either, but there a was a little contact with Iles. The whole play was moving to his right anyway, but it looked like the contact may have caused him to move farther right than he otherwise would have. Not too much, but if Iles had been about 3 inches to his left, he might have made the save. I don't know the exact wording of the rule, but whatever it is, I'm guessing that this was a very close call - probably could have gone either way.

Edit: Found this at http://www.annarbor.com:
                              A statement from game officials said there was "illegal contact" with Cornell goalie Andy Iles in his crease "that did not allow him to play his position" on Lynch's goal.
                              Last edited by LynahFan; 03-24-2012, 12:24 PM.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I will say one thing, barring Air Force pulling off a miracle, I will certainly be pulling for the winner of the Ferris State - Cornell game in the Frozen Four.

Comment

Working...
                                X