Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Midwest Regional: Michigan, Ferris, Denver and Cornell

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
    *****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/295110_947011409781_40002801_38322062_1258933660_n .jpg******
    Cool! Let's drop the puck!
    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
      It's not shallow but it's not overwhelming steep. Not really any bad seats unless you are waaaay up in a corner. Row O is right as you walk out from the concourse, so that's about the middle.

Certainly not as shallow as the Kohl Center or most baseball stadiums. Certainly not as steep as the upper deck of the Bradley Center or new Conisky in Chicago.
      It's a pretty good rink to watch a hockey game. I made it out there for North Dakota vs. Denver in the regional final last year. The games were not very well-attended though. The rink was barely half full, and almost everybody was a Sioux fan.
      University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
      Frozen Fours: 22
      Conference Titles: 17
      14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
        Many Denver fans have not seen Ferris State play this season. Earlier today I was sent a note by a fan whose team played Ferris State four times this season. Here is a brief description from that fan about the manner in which this year's Ferris team plays.

==> Be forewarned that FSU clogs everything, blocks shots and plays a huge trap-style--including having too many men often in the neutral zone for "line changes." <==
        Yuck. DU struggles with this. If we don't control the tempo and score early and often we will be flying home early.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by TheEagle View Post
          It's a pretty good rink to watch a hockey game. I made it out there for North Dakota vs. Denver in the regional final last year. The games were not very well-attended though. The rink was barely half full, and almost everybody was a Sioux fan.
          It's not advertised very well locally... I didn't see or hear anything about it last year here. This year I've seen TV ads at least.
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
            Yuck. DU struggles with this. If we don't control the tempo and score early and (score) often we will be flying home early.
            Agree!!!

Of course it would be nice to have our 5 Iron Men on the blueline. Plus 1 would be even better
            GO DU !!!

Comment

I hate the dark blue boards with white lettering. I hope it's not like that past the bluelines where they have the schools names. The goalies seem to have a little harder time picking up the puck with that background. Well, at least Billy Sauer did.
              No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

At the Resch Center for a corporate event. Talked to one of the ice techs who said the ice is smoother than ever, and the Gamblers who had a chance to skate on it earlier this week were jealous that they've never seen it this good.

Sounds like good news for the teams that can skate well.

Might have to sneak off for a peak before I have to leave.
                Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 03-22-2012, 08:37 AM.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                  I hate the dark blue boards with white lettering. I hope it's not like that past the bluelines where they have the schools names. The goalies seem to have a little harder time picking up the puck with that background. Well, at least Billy Sauer did.
                  *****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548857_947010621361_40002801_38322060_975207549_n. jpg******
                  "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                  - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                  CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

hattrick, are you at the Resch Center right now?
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      hattrick, are you at the Resch Center right now?
                      Nope, just resourceful.
                      "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                      - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                      CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Just read the USCHO preview. Wow - 91 years of head coaching experience among the 4 coaches in this regional, with Schafer being the baby at "only" 17 years of experience. Quite a contrast from the East Region with 3 rookie coaches!
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                            Just read the USCHO preview. Wow - 91 years of head coaching experience among the 4 coaches in this regional, with Schafer being the baby at "only" 17 years of experience. Quite a contrast from the East Region with 3 rookie coaches!
                            You know, I was going to watch the game tomorrow, but now that I know Michigan once lost a game when they were a number one seed several years ago I realize we have zero chance of winning. Glad I didn't waste the three hours. As always, thanks for putting everything in perspective Paula!

(Also, who knew that our problem this year was "over thinking"? No wonder we couldn't beat Western....)

Comment

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZaJ4Zry0Id0/T1npqM-7edI/AAAAAAAAMHM/vdrdqDgS-18/s400/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ==%5B1%5D.jpg******

From Adrian Dater in Denver Post

Notes: The Pioneers will start Sam Brittain in goal today. ... Forward Beau Bennett (wrist) made the trip with the Pioneers but is doubtful to play. ... Forward Jason Zucker (upper-body injury) will be a game-time decision for DU. ... This is Denver's 23rd NCAA Tournament appearance. ... Forwards Chris Knowlton (lower body) and Paul Phillips (upper body) are questionable.
                              Last edited by du78; 03-23-2012, 08:39 AM.
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

College Hockey Weekly has their Midwest Regional preview up...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/2...-Regional.html

Also, here is their predictions for the tournament...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/2...edictions.html
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X