Re: Bracketology II: Electric Boogaloo

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
    second. Western and UND are the two hottest teams right now
    Union is 15-2-2 in 2012.
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Can the Sioux team of the last four periods this weekend be beat?
      Yes. The WCHA was very weak this year...probably the 3rd best conference. While we did look good, and beat solid teams in Minnesota and Denver, I think BC or Michigan have to be considered the heavy favorites, and I wouldn't be surprised if Miami made some noise as well.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Michigan as a heavy favorite? I don't know about that.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
          Union is 15-2-2 in 2012.
          And played a grand total of 2 games against NCAA Tournament Teams (both against Cornell) going 0-1-1 in those games.

Union has a good team, and a great goaltender, and should be a contender to reach the Frozen Four. That being said, the ECAC has to earn their respect, and they just haven't done that in the past 10 years or so. Perhaps Union will change that.
          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Given their regional and route that they have to go...I pretty much have Michigan penciled in in my Frozen Four.
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              And played a grand total of 2 games against NCAA Tournament Teams (both against Cornell) going 0-1-1 in those games.

Union has a good team, and a great goaltender, and should be a contender to reach the Frozen Four. That being said, the ECAC has to earn their respect, and they just haven't done that in the past 10 years or so. Perhaps Union will change that.
              Yup, I pretty much agree with everything in this post.
              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

They haven't been scoring a lot recently...I think Denver can give them more than a fight.

Comment

That would require a show longer than 30 minutes and would cut into the dance competition that's currently on. Are you out of your mind????
                  Its also in Melrose's contract to have a 15 minute scotch break after each period or 30 minutes of television work, which ever comes last. It would just never work out.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    Yes. The WCHA was very weak this year...probably the 3rd best conference. While we did look good, and beat solid teams in Minnesota and Denver, I think BC or Michigan have to be considered the heavy favorites, and I wouldn't be surprised if Miami made some noise as well.
                    Good point here. I don't know, I guess we'll just have to let the games be played and see what happens. I have confidence Hak will have them ready to go.
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: Bracketology II: Electric Boogaloo

They haven't been scoring a lot recently...I think Denver can give them more than a fight.
                      We'll see if Denver gets past Ferris. The Pioneers were down to 4 dmen and No Jason Zucker (went to the hospital...no word yet on his availability this weekend) by the end of the game last night.
                      North Dakota

Comment

I thought they'd go with North Dakota-Western Michigan in Green Bay and Michigan-Cornell in St. Paul for bracket integrity reasons. I also think a GB regional of UND, Miami, Denver and WMU would have done reasonably well. Oh well.

Comment

BC and Michigan have to be huge favorites to reach the title game since the WCHA is weak this year.

Comment

If BC is fortunate enough to get past Air Force, they might have to go through UMD and then UND just to get to the final. That's no easy task even if the WCHA isn't as strong as in years past.

Comment

If BC is fortunate enough to get past Air Force, they might have to go through UMD and then UND just to get to the final. That's no easy task even if the WCHA isn't as strong as in years past.
                              I don't think UMD gets past Maine, and UND is probably not even the favorite to get out of their regional.
                              North Dakota

Comment

I think UMD will beat Maine and I don't know how you can say with a straight face that UND isn't the favorite in their regional. They might not win it, but they're absolutely the favorite. I will say that UND-WMU is a fascinating matchup IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X