Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: # days until Jutting is collecting unemnployment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Was anyone else shocked to learn he was only 40 games under .500 at Mankato? That's only a little over 3 a year.
    Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
    But his in-conference numbers are much, much worse.
    Only had two seasons in twelve where they weren't under 0.500 in WCHA play (2002-03 and 2007-08).
    How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Eric Means?

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
        Eric Means?
        I'll be VERY disappointed if they don't bring in somebody from outside with a fresh viewpoint. Besides, what has he done with the women's team to make him a viable candidate?
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Just curious, if a Mankato fan loses their job, would it be acceptable for Troy Jutting to post on a message board how happy he is? Would it be classy for anyone to say, "I'm glad that so and so lost their job" They funny thing is, many who are cheering Jutting losing his job, would have ripped him if he had left for a more lucrative offer the year after they went to the NCAA/
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Just curious, if a Mankato fan loses their job, would it be acceptable for Troy Jutting to post on a message board how happy he is? Would it be classy for anyone to say, "I'm glad that so and so lost their job" They funny thing is, many who are cheering Jutting losing his job, would have ripped him if he had left for a more lucrative offer the year after they went to the NCAA/
            I understand the sentiment, but he is still going to be getting paid. So kinda apples and oranges.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I'll be VERY disappointed if they don't bring in somebody from outside with a fresh viewpoint. Besides, what has he done with the women's team to make him a viable candidate?
              I'm not close enough to the program to know whether he got "promoted" to go coach the women's team or whether he took the sacrifice with the understanding he'd get the men's job ... As to results with the women's team, there are some large disadvantages faced. Thus the question.

I think getting someone who knows what it takes to win makes sense. Steve Miller, who coaches the D at Denver. Jason Herter or Derek Plante from UMD.

Comment

He was a Division I college coach. If you don't win, people want you gone. He knew when he took the job that it's succeed or go. And while here he makes more money than any faculty member.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

That was my exact point when I had it brought up earlier today. If you're going to hire Means, what's the point? He grew up on Jutting's bench. You're not getting anything new and improved with him.
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

I agree. I'm not happy he lost his job, but for the good of the program this was a move that had to be made. It's just like any other walk of life, if you don't produce, you get let go. That's what happened in this case, except that Jutts still has a job. I will never call for someone's job because that's a horrible thing to have to go through. This was a business decision though, and sometimes business decisions suck. Jutts will land on his feet. He's a good dude and he does have good relationships that will carry him through to excel in a new position.
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

That's called "getting kicked upstairs." It's done in sports all the time. They're going to make him show up every day to get his pay.

Maybe they will pull the George Costanza and send him to a windowless bunker in the basement and make him crawl through a vent to gain access. "could you tell Mr.Tomasita I'M IN MY OFFICE if he needs me." Seinfeld.
                      never up, never in!

Comment

You are right they probably would have ripped him. He should have found a better job and left.......... Troy is a public figure and people cheering for his head is part of what goes with being a D1 hockey coach.

I happen to know an old friend of Troy's and had the pleasure of having a few beers with him after a game in St. cloud a few years ago and he is a cool guy. I feel bad he lost his job, but in the end he didn't get the job done and he has been replaced. I am pretty sure he doesn't give to sh#ts what anybody says on here.
                        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Public figure jobs do not equal other jobs. There is an understanding when one takes on a public figure job.

Along those lines, how would you feel if thousands (if not millions) nitpicked every decision you made when performing your job? Maybe even offered video proof of your mistakes? Welcome to the life of a referee/umpire. It's truly apple/oranges.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Public figure jobs do not equal other jobs. There is an understanding when one takes on a public figure job.

Along those lines, how would you feel if thousands (if not millions) nitpicked every decision you made when performing your job? Maybe even offered video proof of your mistakes? Welcome to the life of a referee/umpire. It's truly apple/oranges.
                            The worst job is NHL goalie. Make a mistake, a red light and horn go off and 18,000 people stand up and scream!
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

First, he still has a job, just not coaching hockey. Second, isn't the point of the game to score more goals than the other team? He failed to achieve his goals (pun intended) and got sacked.
                              UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

Just thinking out loud here but what happens that, on the day he was hired and for several years after, he is a great coach but sometime in there he loses his abilities and gets canned? Certainly some coaches are better than others, but I wonder, if he is such a crummy coach, why did you hire him in the first place.?
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X