• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4four4
    replied
    Re: # days until Jutting is collecting unemnployment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
    I called and got my season tickets back today.
    did they ask why you came back?

Leave a comment:

• MavsFan
    replied

I called and got my season tickets back today.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Corky will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by goofy gopher View Post
    What about Steve Rohlik as a candidate?
    He would make a great candidate. He is very personable, is well connected and has quite the Rolodex. I miss him at tUMD.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied
    Originally posted by goofy gopher View Post
    Very interesting name. I would imagine he'd be contacted without a doubt.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
    When MG was brought back, those cries died down quickly for most.

I personally doubt that Hastings would leave UNO. Blais is going to be done relatively soon.
    Hastings will be the next UNO coach, and the Blais/tDon thing was the supposed clause in Blais' contract allowing him to be the next MN coach if tDon left (which was complete horsehockey, IMO; totally an urban legend).

And yes, when MG came back, things were going to okay for at least a year, depending on results. Which, I might add, are favorable, no matter what happens after Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• goofy gopher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hammy
    replied

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
    But would a head coach position in Kato draw him out of Omaha now that the "Fire Lucia and Hire Blais" has died down. I can't remember who was driving that bandwagon but it clearly has gone off the tracks somehow.
    When MG was brought back, those cries died down quickly for most.

I personally doubt that Hastings would leave UNO. Blais is going to be done relatively soon.

Leave a comment:

• gopheritall
    replied

Hastings was never going to be the head coach at the U. No chance.

He left because he didn't like Hill any more than MG did (combined with the assoc head coach opportunity at UNO that is).
    But would a head coach position in Kato draw him out of Omaha now that the "Fire Lucia and Hire Blais" has died down. I can't remember who was driving that bandwagon but it clearly has gone off the tracks somehow.

Leave a comment:

• Hammy
    replied

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
    The first guy that came to mind was Mike Hastings. I have no idea on the politics behind this but I thought that he was trying to position as a head-coach-in-waiting at both MN and UNO.
    Hastings was never going to be the head coach at the U. No chance.

He left because he didn't like Hill any more than MG did (combined with the assoc head coach opportunity at UNO that is).

Leave a comment:

• gopheritall
    replied

The first guy that came to mind was Mike Hastings. I have no idea on the politics behind this but I thought that he was trying to position as a head-coach-in-waiting at both MN and UNO.

Leave a comment:

• Bale
    replied

Pearson is also an alum to MTU and had been an assistant there previously. You can't tell me that alumni pride doesn't play a role with some of these guys.

Not to mention, they paid him something like 250K a year. That's in the upper echelon for base salary in the WCHA. Something I highly doubt Mankato will do.
    I admit circumstances are different in all situations and that alumni pride does come into play as well. All I'm saying is that changing jobs is akin to climbing the corporate ladder for the rest of us. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that coaches would go to a lesser school to be a HEAD Coach rather than stay and be an ASSISTANT Coach. I don't know the situation or goals of any specific coach out there. I'm just saying that it's not that unreasonable for MSU to go after a big name and see that coach make the move. MSU is still 1 of 59 jobs out there and for coaches that are trying to climb that ladder, it's a viable option. I guess I don't understand why that's so hard to fathom.

Leave a comment:

• Flashy Man
    replied

Pearson is also an alum to MTU and had been an assistant there previously. You can't tell me that alumni pride doesn't play a role with some of these guys.

Not to mention, they paid him something like 250K a year. That's in the upper echelon for base salary in the WCHA. Something I highly doubt Mankato will do.
    Pearson had applied and not been selected to coach Tech twice in his career as an assistant at Michigan. This year his salary was $250k + $25k signing bonus. Most likey to put money up front for things like moving expense and housing down payment since his salary is $275k for the next 4 season. I assume he received a bonus for winning coach of the year for the conference, however I have no documentation of such.

Leave a comment:

• Hammy
    replied

Originally posted by Bale View Post
    No, not ego...but the idea that we was going to have to continue sitting behind Red and wait for the UM job. The writing was on the wall that it very well could be a long time before he got the chance to be a head coach. The point is that this happens all the time that a guy chooses to leave the the ideal company (assistant coaching job at a school in this case) to get a better, higher ranking job at a lesser company (or head coaching at a difference school in this case). I see people do it in my company on a weekly basis. I don't know why anyone thinks that college hockey is any different.

Leave a comment:

• Hammy
    replied

Originally posted by Bale View Post
    I don't disagree entirely, but that certainly wouldn't take Eades out of the discussion.
    Eades may be the one that I could see an argument for. Hakstol seems like he's more likely to stick around a while yet.

I'm not going to go into specifics on Guentzel but he didn't move around out of impatience or ego. You're way off there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X