Maine thread (cont) - Hobey Abbott goes Dancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine thread (cont) - Hobey Abbott goes Dancing

Congrats to the Black Bears for a well deserved, hard fought series win over my Warriors...always have had fun with you guys at the Garden, although not sure I'll be able to make it this year...so good luck at the Garden and at the NCAA's...that top line is sure fun to watch.

As for the the puck off the skate call, could it have been called a crease violation? His foot was well within the blue when it deflected the puck in. That is all I can think of b/c from a MC fan, looked like a goal to me...crease was the only reason I could come up with why it would be waived off.
    As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Yes lets HOPE the injury to Parker is not serious...he looked to be in pain and was unable to put much weight on his leg/knee area...he's a high energy/hustle player that may not be seen on the score sheet but is a very important player to say the least...hopefully he mends quickly.
      I have a hard time believing Parker is going to play, looked at the very least to be a sprained knee, acl maybe? The kid has got wheels so that would be a huge loss.He did skate out to celebrate but it looked to be a cautious skate. A few days will tell the tale
      BU game will be a war, Maine certainly can beat them, just going to take a great effort from the team.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Have the thugs retreated to Andover yet?

Good win...good to see Hobey Abbott do what Hobey winners do....take the team on his shoulders when they needed it the most. Polish up the acceptance speech Spence!
        Last edited by acs64; 03-12-2012, 06:32 AM.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MCHOCKEY View Post
          Congrats to the Black Bears for a well deserved, hard fought series win over my Warriors...always have had fun with you guys at the Garden, although not sure I'll be able to make it this year...so good luck at the Garden and at the NCAA's...that top line is sure fun to watch.

As for the the puck off the skate call, could it have been called a crease violation? His foot was well within the blue when it deflected the puck in. That is all I can think of b/c from a MC fan, looked like a goal to me...crease was the only reason I could come up with why it would be waived off.
          Though the rule says there has to be a kicking motion, the refs always seem to make the call in the D's favor. If it goes off the skate, it is almost always waived off....I wasnt surprised by the call.

You guys were a tuff out...good training for our boys and the hazards ahead of them.

How many times have we met BU in the Garden over the yearz...gotta be enormous.
          Last edited by acs64; 03-12-2012, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Any early word on pregame event location and time for Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              Though the rule says there has to be a kicking motion, the refs always seem to make the call in the D's favor. If it goes off the skate, it is almost always waived off....I wasnt surprised by the call.

You guys were a tuff out...good training for our boys and the hazards ahead of them.

How many times have we met BU in the Garden over the yearz...gotta be enormous.
              I believe we've met BU in the semi's 6 times. Record 6-0.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                I believe we've met BU in the semi's 6 times. Record 6-0.
                Just five times, but we have a 5-0 record.
                Last edited by tylerzx2002; 03-12-2012, 08:01 AM. Reason: Anti-karma shield?

Comment

You guys need to delete reference to record against BU in semis....bad karma. seriously

priceless.....opinion, what the chances of UML getting knocked out of the NCAA's? 50-50, or are they pretty much a lock...probably like ours ?
                  Last edited by acs64; 03-12-2012, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MCHOCKEY View Post

That crease violation theory seems interesting because there's no way he deliberately kicked it. His skate was sliding sideways in that same direction before the puck was headed towards it and it all happened way faster than he could have reacted deliberately. I think he was going to try to tip it with his stick, which was on the ice, and he was as surprised as anyone when it hit his skate. On TV they showed the play several times but my focus was so much on whether he could possibly have been deliberately kicking it (NOT!) that I didn't even remember to consider whether that might not even be the issue. Wouldn't it be nice if the TV announcers could interview the refs right after the game and show them replays of controversial portions of the game so we all could understand what they were thinking. Besides that goal I'd really love to see a ref watch Abbot "embellish" Toomey taking his skate out from under him before the faceoff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
                      Besides that goal I'd really love to see a ref watch Abbot "embellish" Toomey taking his skate out from under him before the faceoff!!!
                      Wasn't Benedetto in the penalty box watching that sequence? And he still did nothing.

Comment

KIA, I'd like to hear your take on the use of video review to make penalty calls on hitting after the whistle. I'd never seen that before. Is it provided for in the rule book?

Comment

three things... they had to have called it a kick... if the puck is in the crease a player can be in their with it. the puck clearly preceded him into the crease... they probably called it a kick because the outside of his skate turned to the puck as he was stopping... it wasn't a kicking motion and i don't agree with the call, but it was probably enough for bennedetto to say "i'm going to air on the side of 'no goal'"

the review during the whole melee in the second. they were reviewing to see what went on between diamond and whoever he was mixing it up with... they knew something had happened but wanted to confirm it... possibly using the replay to ensure that they got the right two players? who knows...

parker skated right out to the net at the end of the game and didn't seem to be favoring it as they were all congratulating sully

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                            KIA, I'd like to hear your take on the use of video review to make penalty calls on hitting after the whistle. I'd never seen that before. Is it provided for in the rule book?
                            Officials may do whatever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                              Wasn't Benedetto in the penalty box watching that sequence? And he still did nothing.
                              that whole thing had me swearing like a drunken sailor at the tv... merrimack player efs with abbott and they kick the merrimack center out of the faceoff... he then comes over and pushes one leg on way and then hooks the other taking abbott down and they take 'em both. all abbott did was keep his feet wide and his stick on the ice... what's interesting though is when it happens and they call the penalty, you see joey diamond back about 15-20 feet away from the merrimack winger he was lined up with to avoid getting drawn into it... merrimack player instigates with him and we lose him for four minutes....

just do not understand how benny and shea could not see what was going on... all they had to do to get it under control was throw one in the box and after a couple of times merrimack would have gotten the message that "if we're gooing to play that way, we'll be doing it with four guys all night"

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                Though the rule says there has to be a kicking motion, the refs always seem to make the call in the D's favor. If it goes off the skate, it is almost always waived off....
                                unless your name is Lucas Lawson

Comment

Working...
                                X