Hockey East Quarterfinals: UMass at Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East Quarterfinals: UMass at Boston College

Kind of wish we could have avoided UMass, although at least we have a shot to knock them out as a TUC.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: Hockey East Quarterfinals: UMass at Boston College

Yup, let's just knock them out of TUC

NU getting a win was absolutely huge, another one to watch is UNH

It'll be nice to have a team we've struggled with a little this year opposed to the complete cakewalks we've had outside of BU recently.

Edit: Do UMass students have break this week?
    Last edited by claver2010; 03-04-2012, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Kind of wish we could have avoided UMass, although at least we have a shot to knock them out as a TUC.
      I think they're pretty good but I kinda think this is the best case for us. Try to knock 'em out as a TUC and play a team that will test us . Lets face it, the last two weekends didn't exactly help us hone our game, good competition will i think

Comment

I wanted UMass because I already bought my tickets for Worcester!
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Go Minutia - men !!

So if I heap praise on BC for winning UHN's trophy, does that then end your season ?? Lemme know soon, okay ? I be more than happy to oblige.
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
            Go Minutia - men !!

So if I heap praise on BC for winning UHN's trophy, does that then end your season ??
            Yes... on April 7th.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              Yes... on April 7th.
              Its ur dream sonny, make it as big as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                I wanted UMass because I already bought my tickets for Worcester!
                Uhh... didn't you actually want PC?

Have had my Worcester tix since December. On the blue line, first row balcony, seats 1-4.
                Worcester really takes care of their returning guests with pre-public offers.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  Its ur dream sonny, make it as big as you want.
                  OK... I want the Black Bears at the Garden in the HE semifinals.
                  Don't screw it up at Alfond.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    Yup, let's just knock them out of TUC

NU getting a win was absolutely huge, another one to watch is UNH

It'll be nice to have a team we've struggled with a little this year opposed to the complete cakewalks we've had outside of BU recently.

Edit: Do UMass students have break this week?
                    Agreed. You want the degree of difficulty to ideally be getting a little tougher each week as the playoffs crank up. UMass will not be an easy out. They can score goals and they have played a lot better than their record would indicate. I expect BC to win but they'll have to play very well.

The race for #1 overall is a big deal and being able to knock UMass under the TUC line should be extra motivation. I know every year around this time you hear people say "it doesn't matter what seed you are if you want to win the national championship," but of course it matters. You come out and have an iffy first game of the NCAAs against Air Force or Bentley and you're able to get over it and come out better in the regional final. Come out sleepwalking against a strong 4 seed from a power conference and you could be shining your golf clubs by the end of the first period... these guys should know that better than anyone after the CC debacle.
                    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                    -
                    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      OK... I want the Black Bears at the Garden in the HE semifinals.
                      Don't screw it up at Alfond.
                      Yah BABEEE !!! We iz gonna Bigos you muthas

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                        The race for #1 overall is a big deal and being able to knock UMass under the TUC line should be extra motivation. I know every year around this time you hear people say "it doesn't matter what seed you are if you want to win the national championship," but of course it matters. You come out and have an iffy first game of the NCAAs against Air Force or Bentley and you're able to get over it and come out better in the regional final. Come out sleepwalking against a strong 4 seed from a power conference and you could be shining your golf clubs by the end of the first period... these guys should know that better than anyone after the CC debacle.
                        Agreed, actually was talking with the person next to me last night about that. The recent bracketology had us vs Denver. No. Thank. You.

I'd much rather have an auto qualifier than some extremely talented but underachieving 4 seed

Comment

Well I guess we got chosen for the NBC sports game on Friday. Puck drops at 7:30

Which is great for me, gives me extra time to get there from work

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Well I guess we got chosen for the NBC sports game on Friday. Puck drops at 7:30

Which is great for me, gives me extra time to get there from work
                            Thank God... I'll be at the doubleheader Saturday so if we sweep I won't have to pay to watch any of these games online.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Hopefully the third times the charm? UMass hasn't won at Conte since I believe November of 2007. Or maybe they tied at Conte then and haven't even gotten a point there in forever. That has to be among the longer pointless streaks in the conference. Truthfully at this point I'm just happy I'll be able to see the Minutemen play this weekend.
                              #NewMass

Comment

Working...
                              X