• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrDemento
    replied
    Re: RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
    Agree w/must of that with a few exceptions.I didn't see the holding call w/6 min to go in the third but at that point in a playoff game it better have been flagrent.In a perfect world a penalty is a penalty but anyone who doesn't think playoff games are not called a little looser than regular season need only watch an NHL playoff game and understand that the end game is to let the game be decided by the players on the ice,and calling "ticky tacky" penalties that have no effect on the play is to be honest "amatuerish."On the third goal I was sitting right there it appeared Bryce had the puck under his pad and I believe the play either was or should have been whistled dead but the U player just kept whacking @ it 3 or 4 times untill it went in shame on us for not knocking the kid into the second row of seats after the first whack but at some point the play is dead.When Mcdonald refs a game its like he's @ public skating he's everwhere but where he belongs and was way out of position on that play.But the one that really frosted me was the call on #13 when he got tangled up w/a U player for the most part because the U player was trying to impede his progress and the ref looked back and saw that and called a penalty on a play he never really saw.The reason I know that was a BS call is that #13 is one of the most honest hockey hockey players you'll ever see he empties the tank on every shift,if he's makes a mistake he takes ownership of it and when he commits a penalty he goes to the box and does the time,he had a huge problem w/that call and he should have thats all I need to know.BTW a U player did the same thing to #28 earlier and their was no call so much for a "penalty is a penalty" evidentally in the ECACHL world its is more arbitrary than one would expect.I don't believe Adad's has any hate for "Stewie" its a matter of frustration and trying to hold the person responsible for the officiating accountable.Why do you think SA showed one of the worst calls ever to the press on video...And Keith Alain spit his gum at on official 3 weeks ago and last week the Brown coach gave an official the finger and on and on and on because nothings wrong or they're all wrong and Stewie and Shagwell are right.There silence speaks volumes.Well enough of that it will never change as long as the current Junta stay in place.I thought the boys played awesome last night for the "WHOLE" game there are times in a game were a talanted team like U will impose their will on you and you don't need to make a mistake for that to happen the important thig is at times we bent a little but overall we didn't break.I expect more of the same tonight but when its all over with somebody has to win and somebody has to lose it becomes a test of will lets hope its us w/the W....GO RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad you mention #13 and #28. Often what they do on the ice goes unnoticed but if i was starting a team, I would want players like that to start with. They just seem to leave it all on the ice every shift.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Given her throne is usually empty at HFH, I'm not surprised.
    Oh, I wasn't surprised either, but ...

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    But no Shirley?
    Given her throne is usually empty at HFH, I'm not surprised.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    I'm not going to make the obvious response here.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by mackek2 View Post
    I just wanted to comment on the really awesome turnout from RPI fans at last nights game, especially from the RPI administration and staff. People I saw there included Claude Rounds, Chuck Carletta, Dr. Sams, Dr. Knowles, John Kolb and Jim Knowlton. I am looking forward to tonight's game!
    But no Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I want to drink the red, but the orange gets shoved down my throat here.
    I'm not going to make the obvious response here.

Leave a comment:

• mackek2
    replied

I just wanted to comment on the really awesome turnout from RPI fans at last nights game, especially from the RPI administration and staff. People I saw there included Claude Rounds, Chuck Carletta, Dr. Sams, Dr. Knowles, John Kolb and Jim Knowlton. I am looking forward to tonight's game!

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    I drink the red.
    I want to drink the red, but the orange gets shoved down my throat here.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Just watched the post-game press conferences... take away the words and just listen to the tone, and it's almost like RPI beat Union last night. Add them back in, and RPI knows they played well and have a shot, while Union knows they need to play better if they're going to wrap this one up.
    A lot of gamesmanship there.

Leave a comment:

• fishcore12
    replied

I drink the red.
    I drink beers....

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    But that is the position they are in and are open to criticism. You're one to talk about drinking kool aid!!!
    I drink the red.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Just watched the post-game press conferences... take away the words and just listen to the tone, and it's almost like RPI beat Union last night. Add them back in, and RPI knows they played well and have a shot, while Union knows they need to play better if they're going to wrap this one up.

Leave a comment:

• troyboy
    replied

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    I don't know how you can complain about the officiating last night! RPI averages 14 penalty minutes per game, so statistically, it was a below average night. I thought the officials missed a few calls both ways, and besides, a penalty is a penalty, regardless of what point of the game you are at. Your hatred towards Mr. Stewart is evident, which I think sometimes clouds your judgement of the officials.

I hardly think the officials screwed RPI last night. However, I will say that at times, they do call "ticky tack" penalties. To answer your question as to why they reviewed Alex's goal, is because they could, and why not get it right if you have the TV cameras there to do so. Besides, Union may have requested it and all goals scored are reviewable.
    Agree w/must of that with a few exceptions.I didn't see the holding call w/6 min to go in the third but at that point in a playoff game it better have been flagrent.In a perfect world a penalty is a penalty but anyone who doesn't think playoff games are not called a little looser than regular season need only watch an NHL playoff game and understand that the end game is to let the game be decided by the players on the ice,and calling "ticky tacky" penalties that have no effect on the play is to be honest "amatuerish."On the third goal I was sitting right there it appeared Bryce had the puck under his pad and I believe the play either was or should have been whistled dead but the U player just kept whacking @ it 3 or 4 times untill it went in shame on us for not knocking the kid into the second row of seats after the first whack but at some point the play is dead.When Mcdonald refs a game its like he's @ public skating he's everwhere but where he belongs and was way out of position on that play.But the one that really frosted me was the call on #13 when he got tangled up w/a U player for the most part because the U player was trying to impede his progress and the ref looked back and saw that and called a penalty on a play he never really saw.The reason I know that was a BS call is that #13 is one of the most honest hockey hockey players you'll ever see he empties the tank on every shift,if he's makes a mistake he takes ownership of it and when he commits a penalty he goes to the box and does the time,he had a huge problem w/that call and he should have thats all I need to know.BTW a U player did the same thing to #28 earlier and their was no call so much for a "penalty is a penalty" evidentally in the ECACHL world its is more arbitrary than one would expect.I don't believe Adad's has any hate for "Stewie" its a matter of frustration and trying to hold the person responsible for the officiating accountable.Why do you think SA showed one of the worst calls ever to the press on video...And Keith Alain spit his gum at on official 3 weeks ago and last week the Brown coach gave an official the finger and on and on and on because nothings wrong or they're all wrong and Stewie and Shagwell are right.There silence speaks volumes.Well enough of that it will never change as long as the current Junta stay in place.I thought the boys played awesome last night for the "WHOLE" game there are times in a game were a talanted team like U will impose their will on you and you don't need to make a mistake for that to happen the important thig is at times we bent a little but overall we didn't break.I expect more of the same tonight but when its all over with somebody has to win and somebody has to lose it becomes a test of will lets hope its us w/the W....GO RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Which kool aid did you drink that Stewart and Hagwell gave you, the orange or the red?
    He has a point that we got away with a lot, and so did they. Whether or not it's called, we can't do it night after night and expect to win. It doesn't matter if you were reffing the game; a deserved penalty is two minutes. They could have called that stuff in any league.

Leave a comment:

• sk8tronthepond
    replied

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
    This looks like the only way we're going to get the puck deep against Union. They spent much of the game last night with 5 guys stacked between the blue lines.
    I thought both teams at certain points of the game clogged up the neutral zone. I found RPI to be most effective at creating turnovers when they were playing real physical. Kudos to Goulet on the PK.....what a shot! Then Union got another PP and I was expecting another Ben Barr repeat!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X