Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Awful game. I would think, at this level, it's a reasonable expectation to see a 60-minute game played. We slack off in the first, slack off for the first part of the second, and look what happens.
    I don't think I watched the same game you did.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Considering TW in Syracuse didn't run the game, your sentence is factual. However, I will say that RPI put up a decent 30 minute effort tonight. Too bad the game isn't 30 minutes long.

Comment

Considering TW in Syracuse didn't run the game, your sentence is factual. However, I will say that RPI put up a decent 30 minute effort tonight. Too bad the game isn't 30 minutes long.
        Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        I still agree with RC.
        APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          Well, Game 1 is now over. A fine effort by the boys, but couldn't take advantage of 3 early PP's and ended up with a 1-goal loss. If it means anything, at least they're getting closer to beating Union. Comments?
          I am dissapointed by the loss obviously, but from the mid stages of the second and a good portion of the 3rd I thought we held even with them, maybe even carried the play at some points. I thought we took the body well all night. We had chances to score. Cullen breakaway and a few others I can't recall. Some solid forechecking which created some chances. A few times , our forwards were comming out from behind the net unmolested and were looking for someone to get the puck to. Hopefully they can get open tomorrow. This team has come a long way since January, credit to the players and Coach Appert.

The Onion goalie made some good saves but on a few we made the saves easy. No traffic infront. . Bailen had a chance late with the goalie pulled at the point but he had trouble handling the pass on that sequence and a U player was right on him. If we come in there tomorrow and play the same way we did minus some penalties , Hey, who knows? Whatever does happen, in my mind this group of guys has gone down in my mind as a resilliant bunch that just doesnt quit. Lets Go Red.

Comment

We took a lot of low percentage shots, and missed some chances to lift pucks. Bailen needs to unleash a one timer on the open look he had in the 3rd. THAT NEEDS TO AUTOMATIC. Credit Union for clogging things up in the red zone. I thought that Union's second goal came off of our D allowing U to carry the puck into the zone unmolested...which happened too often tonight. When the head man attempts to gain the zone, we need to put a body on him and make him rethink his decision...if you get my drift.

I'll leave the officiating alone, other than to say at least twice tonite, Union was allowed to change personnel during whistles where they last touched pucks that left the rink.. Appert was all over them the 2nd time...to no avail. With 4 zebras on the ice, you'd think they could at least get the simple things right.... But then again, maybe they're trying to make sure the Cleary Cup winner makes it to AC for a change.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Awful game. I would think, at this level, it's a reasonable expectation to see a 60-minute game played. We slack off in the first, slack off for the first part of the second, and look what happens.
              Was there...we played them heads up game could have went either way....especially since 3rd goal in my mind was questionable and btw bryces too for several reasons.
              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

postgame interviews...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi6jS...ayer_embedded#!
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

If that was awful, how would you describe the previous three games vs. Union. It certainly wasn't great, but it was much improved.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There was no slack in RPI tonight. Union came out fired up in the first period and just played amazing hockey. It looked to me like RPI was getting outplayed, and it wasn't for lack of effort. I was afraid it was going to wind up like UND after the 3rd Union goal.

I give them a lot of credit for forcing Union down and playing even or better for the last 30 minutes. It could easily have been 3-3 and into OT.

Comment

Par the course, we took the usual screw job from the ECAC refs. Where to begin, how do you call that holding with six minutes to go in a close game like that..nickel and dime at best. This is where the ego of Mr. Stewart permeates down to his crews. Let them play, stop the ticky tack calls especially at these junctures of the games. From my vantage point and a few others that was goaltending interference on the third goal. And can anyone explain why they had to review Alex's goal which was clearly a goal.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        I'll leave the officiating alone, other than to say at least twice tonite, Union was allowed to change personnel during whistles where they last touched pucks that left the rink.. Appert was all over them the 2nd time...to no avail. With 4 zebras on the ice, you'd think they could at least get the simple things right.... But then again, maybe they're trying to make sure the Cleary Cup winner makes it to AC for a change.
                        As usual, I want to associate myself with your comments. The stare down Appert gave Feola before the thrid was classic.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Had the chance to meet johnk. Great guy and knows his hockey...tripped down memory lane on RPI through the years. Also, got to share a jameson with him. Johnk, thanks for the hospitality to tb, my posse and me. When in the Electric City, there is no better place to stop then his place.

Comment

As has happened the previous 3 timea against Union this year-special teams were problematic. We gave up 2 power play goals but their other goal came when we allowed their player, Novak, to come out of the penalty box as his penalty ended and waltz down the ice almost untouched to score. But this team showed a lot. Union is the number 1 ECAC team and deserves to be that. We were the number 10 ECAC seed. The game last night only showed that difference for short periods of time. Unlike the previous games, this one could have been a little different. We had some good chances and some good set ups. Cullen's break in could have been a game changer, Rogic got 2 good set ups in front and one was with an open net. I don't think the officials were perfect but they could certainly have been worse. After letting virtually everything go-who calls an iffy holding penalty with 6 minutes to go? And even after watching the highlights again-I still have some question about the 3rd Union goal. Union won-and we were close. That sums it up. But this one was very close to being tied and if we went to OT they could still be playing. My frustration with our team for most of the season has gradually changed to admiration. Now let them show everyone that they will not go quietly and make tonight the most difficult game for union to win of the season.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Really? A 3-2 loss to the best team in the league after they blew us out three times this year and you think that it was an awful effort.
                              Sometimes you have to look at the opposition. Union wasn't just standing around waiting to be taken in the first period. Lets give them a little credit.
                              Could we have played better? Maybe. But Union is a very good hockey team and we didn't just throw in the towel.
                              I like our chances tonight, now that we know we can stay with them.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                Really? A 3-2 loss to the best team in the league after they blew us out three times this year and you think that it was an awful effort.
                                Sometimes you have to look at the opposition. Union wasn't just standing around waiting to be taken in the first period. Lets give them a little credit.
                                Could we have played better? Maybe. But Union is a very good hockey team and we didn't just throw in the towel.
                                I like our chances tonight, now that we know we can stay with them.
                                I would like our chances a whole lot better if we knew that we will get a fairly called game tonight(not saying at all that last night was as bad as we have seen). After putting a pretty good scare into the number 1 seed last night, it will be interesting to see if any changes in the offical crew are made. Will we see Kotyra? Murphy?
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X