X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Especially if he were on crutches.
    Oh look, a witness. Which official is that witness going to grill next?

Comment

Admittedly some of these names we have been throwing around(Feola, Murphy, Hicks, Kotyra, etc) have been bad for us. Some more than others, and a few have really racked up their reputations rapidly and deservedly so. But to really stink-they have to have a longer history with us. Over the many years iI have followed RPI hockey, 2 names stand out far above all the others. Mike Noeth and Pierre Belanger. Now those two really stunk. I will say that the 4 mentioned above are beginning to have an odor about them. They just have not permeated the air for quite as long as my top 2. But given a little more time-they could easily reach the magnitude of fetidity.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Kotyra however did not think twice about putting us down 2 men (twice) in the latter part of the third period on Sunday. ...
        True Doc... I though the officiating was good on Fri. night, and then went steadily down hill from there (for both teams). Testa and Reed tried to insert themselves into the game, with FAR too much chatter/instructions/carping to players during faceoff set ups. Testa attempted to call a penalty on a CCT player for chirping. Kotyra finally calmed him down/shut him up.

The ongoing inability to correctly and promptly call off-sides and icing is nothing short of baffling. For instance, from where I was sitting, the play in which CJ Lee got tossed for boarding/HFB was blatantly off sides...had the zebras gotten that right, perhaps CJ never gets booted.
        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-09-2012, 09:23 AM.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          He was in the OLYMPICS.
          Welcome back. Hope your operation was successful.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            Welcome back. Hope your operation was successful.
            Considering he's still with us...

I'll second this, RC. Glad to see you back on here.

Comment

Glad to see you back, RC.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Admittedly some of these names we have been throwing around(Feola, Murphy, Hicks, Kotyra, etc) have been bad for us. Some more than others, and a few have really racked up their reputations rapidly and deservedly so. But to really stink-they have to have a longer history with us. Over the many years iI have followed RPI hockey, 2 names stand out far above all the others. Mike Noeth and Pierre Belanger. Now those two really stunk. I will say that the 4 mentioned above are beginning to have an odor about them. They just have not permeated the air for quite as long as my top 2. But given a little more time-they could easily reach the magnitude of fetidity.
                You usually can't balme wins and losses on officials, but it is fun to talk about them
                Noeth was by far the worst. He had no clue. We used to call him Noah because he called everything in pairs. It seemed like he never wanted to put anybody on the powerplay. Belanger was entertaining at least.

Kotyra and Hicks are the worst of the current batch. The drop-kick Murphys are right up there too. I actually think Feola is ok. My biggest beef with him is that he sometime guesses, calling what he thinks was a penalty even though he didn't actually see it. That is probably my biggest beef about officials in all sports. If you make a bad call, that 's one thing. Everyone makes mistakes. Just don't call something you didn't see.

Comment

Torn labrum for Schroeder ouch
                  I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

I don't think this was posted (at least on here): http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                      Anything "torn" doesn't sound so hot...is that something guys typically play through? He's certainly a guy I had a lot of fun watching and thought was becoming a legitimate scoring threat in the latter half . Hope he recovers quick!

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                        That is usually serious-season over. Think Matt Murley while with the Penguins. Sometimes the tear can be very minor but you cannot take any chances. If this happens to a pitcher in baseball-it is career threatening and very few can ever get back the full motion necessary to throw at top speed again.
                        I would guess since this probably occurred from the push into the boards that it was caused by some sort of shoulder dislocation-those tears are usually called Bankart tears and rarely if ever require surgery. Obviously the more minor the tear, the better the prognosis.
                        Last edited by DrDemento; 03-09-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajt6954 View Post
                          Anything "torn" doesn't sound so hot...is that something guys typically play through? He's certainly a guy I had a lot of fun watching and thought was becoming a legitimate scoring threat in the latter half . Hope he recovers quick!
                          It is the playoffs, and I remember a couple of guys on crutches toughing it out a couple years back. If he had to be pulled from the lineup in overtime of a game (I'm assuming Chris Thompson had made that decision), then it must be serious enough to not play on.

This series, we need to play hockey the same way we should think as engineers: Out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Glad to see you back, RC.
                            Thanks. Not done yet but appreciate the support.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                              You usually can't balme wins and losses on officials, but it is fun to talk about them
                              Noeth was by far the worst. He had no clue. We used to call him Noah because he called everything in pairs. It seemed like he never wanted to put anybody on the powerplay. Belanger was entertaining at least.

Kotyra and Hicks are the worst of the current batch. The drop-kick Murphys are right up there too. I actually think Feola is ok. My biggest beef with him is that he sometime guesses, calling what he thinks was a penalty even though he didn't actually see it. That is probably my biggest beef about officials in all sports. If you make a bad call, that 's one thing. Everyone makes mistakes. Just don't call something you didn't see.
                              Noeth was indeed a special case. Jenny's decription of him was the best I heard-"Noeth knoweth nothing"

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                It is the playoffs, and I remember a couple of guys on crutches toughing it out a couple years back. If he had to be pulled from the lineup in overtime of a game (I'm assuming Chris Thompson had made that decision), then it must be serious enough to not play on.

This series, we need to play hockey the same way we should think as engineers: Out of the box.
                                Agreed 100%...I can't wait for this series to start! I've got a 12 pack of Perroni Ale sitting in my fridge awaiting my ravaging once let of my cubicle for the weekend. Go RED! ...and a welcome back to RC from this side as well...surgery's never fun and hope the road to recovery is expedient .

Comment

Working...
                                X