RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

The supercomputer behind playoffstatus.com has given RPI a 6% chance of getting by Union, and a 1% chance of winning the marbles. http://www.playoffstatus.com/ecachoc...easonprob.html

Comment

Originally posted by RPI92 View Post
      The abacus behind playoffstatus.com has given RPI a 6% chance of getting by Union, and a 1% chance of winning the marbles. http://www.playoffstatus.com/ecachoc...easonprob.html
      FYP a
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ed Weaver was busy today

RPI plenty motivated to battle Dutchmen
        Union hopes to continue domination of Engineers
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
          Shoutout to RedCloud... North Hudson...isn't this where the former 'Frontier Town' was located? If so, I'm reminded that to the west is the (in)famous Blue Ridge Highway running to Newcomb and remnant of Tahawas as well as the source of the Hudson River?

And the bison ranch...
          Yes, that's right next to Exit 29. Essex County 2 (Blue Ridge Road) is how some of my family members used to get out this way, through Long Lake, Inlet, Old Forge, and such. You can definitely call the Blue Ridge Road infamous, since they haven't kept that road up very well since the mid-90's. I've since taken to going down NY 8 through Speculator and Johnsburg.

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
            Shoutout to RedCloud... North Hudson...isn't this where the former 'Frontier Town' was located? If so, I'm reminded that to the west is the (in)famous Blue Ridge Highway running to Newcomb and remnant of Tahawas as well as the source of the Hudson River?

And the bison ranch...
            We always felt we lived in the middle of nowhere in Blue Mt Lake. But then we took the ride up through Long Lake and then over to Newcomb and really saw where nowhere was located.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Yes, that's right next to Exit 29. Essex County 2 (Blue Ridge Road) is how some of my family members used to get out this way, through Long Lake, Inlet, Old Forge, and such. You can definitely call the Blue Ridge Road infamous, since they haven't kept that road up very well since the mid-90's. I've since taken to going down NY 8 through Speculator and Johnsburg.
              We travel those roads a lot. The trip from Indian lake down to Speculator is still a haul in bad weather. I worked my way through medical school at the Gables Motel in Speculator every summer. Lake Pleasant was one of the hidden gems up there. The trip from Long Lake through Blue Mt Lake through Raquette Lake and Inlet over to Old Forge in the winter can be a real test of your winter driving skills and the road holding ability of your car. We love the area-still one of the best kept secrets in the East.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                We travel those roads a lot. The trip from Indian lake down to Speculator is still a haul in bad weather. I worked my way through medical school at the Gables Motel in Speculator every summer. Lake Pleasant was one of the hidden gems up there. The trip from Long Lake through Blue Mt Lake through Raquette Lake and Inlet over to Old Forge in the winter can be a real test of your winter driving skills and the road holding ability of your car. We love the area-still one of the best kept secrets in the East.
                Having travelled that in the winter many a time (although not with me driving, I've only driven NY 8 to get between here and where I grew up, but my parents always insisted going through the towns when shooting out this way in case something happened to the vehicle), I'm well aware. At least it still gives me justification when some people I know around here keep bugging me about why I have a SUV instead of a hybrid or sub-compact. You can't easily get those things over those roads in the winter.

NY 8 on either side of Speculator between US 9 and NY 365... now THAT is the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  You are bringing back memories for me Doc. My brother graduated from Paul Smiths and I took that same drive to bring him back and forth to school during the winters of '83 and '84. Slow in the snow but very little police presence! Had a vacation in Blue Mountain lake about 5 years ago. Lots of interesting history there with Edison and the robber barons!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                    You are bringing back memories for me Doc. My brother graduated from Paul Smiths and I took that same drive to bring him back and forth to school during the winters of '83 and '84. Slow in the snow but very little police presence! Had a vacation in Blue Mountain lake about 5 years ago. Lots of interesting history there with Edison and the robber barons!
                    You obviously didn't spend much time on NY 30, or times have changed. Nowadays they crawl ALL OVER that road.

Comment

You obviously didn't spend much time on NY 30, or times have changed. Nowadays they crawl ALL OVER that road.
                      As someone who got nabbed south of Tupper Lake late one Saturday night (on the way home from a game at SLU), I can attest to this.
                      APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                        As someone who got nabbed south of Tupper Lake late one Saturday night (on the way home from a game at SLU), I can attest to this.
                        I believe there's a large valley south of Wells (on the way to Amsterdam) where they like to hang out. I've seen a few at the parking area outside Speculator along NY 8/30, but the only time they had a chance was during a torrential rainstorm, so I don't think they wanted to bother.

That's one of the reasons why, when I'm going to Clarkson/SLU from over there, I go through Saranac Lake and St. Regis Falls.

Comment

I believe there's a large valley south of Wells (on the way to Amsterdam) where they like to hang out. I've seen a few at the parking area outside Speculator along NY 8/30, but the only time they had a chance was during a torrential rainstorm, so I don't think they wanted to bother.
                          I've gotten hit at that one as well, on my way to Lake Pleasant for a project at work.
                          APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                            I've gotten hit at that one as well, on my way to Lake Pleasant for a project at work.
                            Did you at least keep the out of state plates so you don't get any demerit points?

When I'm on those roads I don't set the cruise control because it's more gas efficient to hyper-mile the hills (and since I can barely get a tank out of a trip there, I need every ounce I can spare).

Comment

Originally posted by RPI92 View Post
                              The supercomputer behind playoffstatus.com has given RPI a 6% chance of getting by Union, and a 1% chance of winning the marbles. http://www.playoffstatus.com/ecachoc...easonprob.html
                              Don't ever tell me the odds.
                              Han Solo
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                Don't ever tell me the odds.
                                Han Solo
                                Mark McGowan would be proud. (see RPI-TV's Youtube channel if you don't understand that one)

Comment

Working...
                                X