RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Record aside and regardless of what happens this weekend I submit that this year is the best coaching job SA has done since He's been here.He just dug in kept his nose against the stone, believed in his players, believed in his coaches and just hammered away at it utill we got to where we are now I believe you call that LEADERSHIP.While some on this thread were crooked in the saddle he stood tall.Remember its not how you handle the good times its how you handle adversity.SA gets an A+.As it has been since His arrival the program is in good hands!!! How do you like "Engineer Hockey" now ?
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
      Where is John k,s place
      Don't now schenectady very well but been there a few times I believe it's on Erie Blvd just north of State street.It's called Katie O'Byrnes you will not be disappointed it is a fine establishment !!!
      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Great effort by the boys to reach an important milestone for the season - we are now officially averaging 2 gpg. Now go get redemption in Schenectady.

Comment

"Earl" Weaver's article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory including video.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ken Schott's blog including two videos with interviews https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...t-with-videos/
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For those of you who cant get tickets, or dont want to put your life on the line in the DOT Salt Shed, Time Warner Cable will be showing all 3 games this weekend.
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Da^5 (or at least one of his buddies) is already getting cocky on Facebook. They have a lot to lose. We have nothing to lose. Let's get 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Da^5 (or at least one of his buddies) is already getting cocky on Facebook. They have a lot to lose. We have nothing to lose. Let's get 'em!
                  Sums it up about right. Anything less than the league title is failure, we're playing with house money already.

Matter of fact, since they're likely to face at least one TUC at Atlantic City, the best way they can guarantee themselves a high bid in the NCAA Tournament is to bend over like they usually do in the playoffs. Strategery - worked for us last year. Worked for them, as a matter of fact.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                    Record aside and regardless of what happens this weekend I submit that this year is the best coaching job SA has done since He's been here.He just dug in kept his nose against the stone, believed in his players, believed in his coaches and just hammered away at it utill we got to where we are now I believe you call that LEADERSHIP.While some on this thread were crooked in the saddle he stood tall.Remember its not how you handle the good times its how you handle adversity.SA gets an A+.As it has been since His arrival the program is in good hands!!! How do you like "Engineer Hockey" now ?
                    Not just SA-the seniors on this team put it all together the last 5 games. Especially the captains. I have not seen Bergin play this well all season-he was hitting people, moving all over, in position, clearing out the crease and getting the puck out of the zone. Malchuk was fired up and seemed like he just refused to give up anything-killing penalties , even 5 on 3's, keeping the puck in the offensive zone, getting the puck in front of the net, redirecting point shots. Cullen played his best hockey in 4 years and AAG was all over the place in the offensive zone Sunday. I don't think in the long history of RPI hockey against Clarkson (since 1925 or 1926) we have ever handled them this well and certainly not for 3 straight games. Whatever happens next weekend-this season has been turned around with a great 5 game stretch of heart.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Some nice post counts on the score thread...over 400 on Saturday and over 350 yesterday.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        Some nice post counts on the score thread...over 400 on Saturday and over 350 yesterday.
                        Over 1000 for the three games. I was responsible for over 200.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Not just SA-the seniors on this team put it all together the last 5 games. Especially the captains. I have not seen Bergin play this well all season-he was hitting people, moving all over, in position, clearing out the crease and getting the puck out of the zone. Malchuk was fired up and seemed like he just refused to give up anything-killing penalties , even 5 on 3's, keeping the puck in the offensive zone, getting the puck in front of the net, redirecting point shots. Cullen played his best hockey in 4 years and AAG was all over the place in the offensive zone Sunday. I don't think in the long history of RPI hockey against Clarkson (since 1925 or 1926) we have ever handled them this well and certainly not for 3 straight games. Whatever happens next weekend-this season has been turned around with a great 5 game stretch of heart.
                          I had the same thought about Bergin. Also Bailen seems to have gotten back into his form of last season on offense.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Over 1000 for the three games. I was responsible for over 200.
                            I think I was responsible for another 200 or so, nae?

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              I guess Jones had words with Bergin after the game. Nice way to keep your head... coach. If this is the case, I applaud Mr. Hagwell for overruling Mr Stewart. It gives me no pleasure to say this but Mr. Stewart has out worn his welcome. His unprofessionalism and bias unforunately filters down to his officials. I'm sure Mr. Stewart has a nice pension and might want to get some sun.
                              I had a friend, who reads lips, watch the video. This is what he interpreted; Casey Jones..."hey Bergin, gotta minute".....Bergin....yeah, 1 MINUTE AND CLARKSON STILL SUCKS"
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                I guess Jones had words with Bergin after the game. Nice way to keep your head... coach. If this is the case, I applaud Mr. Hagwell for overruling Mr Stewart. It gives me no pleasure to say this but Mr. Stewart has out worn his welcome. His unprofessionalism and bias unforunately filters down to his officials. I'm sure Mr. Stewart has a nice pension and might want to get some sun.
                                Actually, I had asked Ken on his facebook about Stewie going up to the press box, and I guess PS didn't return the greeting that KS had extended. Sounds like there's still a bit of a grudge there.

Comment

Working...
                                X