X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlagDUDE08
    replied
    Re: RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Awful game. I would think, at this level, it's a reasonable expectation to see a 60-minute game played. We slack off in the first, slack off for the first part of the second, and look what happens.

Leave a comment:

• RPI fan 4 life
    replied

Well, Game 1 is now over. A fine effort by the boys, but couldn't take advantage of 3 early PP's and ended up with a 1-goal loss. If it means anything, at least they're getting closer to beating Union. Comments?

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Yiou could have fooled me.
    At least it beats a full page of "Bump."

Plus, how could we be SportsCenter? We actually talk about hockey! Of course, we could be SportsCentre.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    What do you expect us to do, try to come up with 7 days worth of hype information? We're not SportsCenter!
    Yiou could have fooled me.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Yes Wicked it's off topic, but this thread has been in the weeds for days....
    What do you expect us to do, try to come up with 7 days worth of hype information? We're not SportsCenter!

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    We wondered about that while we were in the north this weekend. A loss for the league - class act and helluva coach. Always had his kids ready to play.
    And could make whatever adaptations were needed during a game. His teams always seemed to get better as the game wore on. He was a good one and a class act.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Joe Marsh has retired http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...marsh-retires/.

We wondered about that while we were in the north last weekend. I send my best wishes to him in his battle with cancer. That's a loss for the league - class act and helluva coach. Always had his kids ready to play.
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-09-2012, 03:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Kudos to Brian Brutlag for signing a T.O. contract with the Norfolk Admirals...he's played well in the E, glad to see he gets to see a bit of life in the AHL!

Yes Ralph its off topic, but this thread has been in the weeds for days....
    Joe Marsh has retired http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...marsh-retires/.

Leave a comment:

• fr joe
    replied

Hey,
    Doc, that general store in Adirondack is still in operation...
    And am looking for two more road wins!

Say, is anyone going to johnk's establishment in Schenectady's before the game tonight? Just check in w/John

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

It is the playoffs, and I remember a couple of guys on crutches toughing it out a couple years back. If he had to be pulled from the lineup in overtime of a game (I'm assuming Chris Thompson had made that decision), then it must be serious enough to not play on.

This series, we need to play hockey the same way we should think as engineers: Out of the box.
    Pretty sure the team Docs make the calls...Thompson gives the white coats feedback on their rehab progress.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

I think for years

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Ditto RC - glad to see you're on the mend.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Kudos to Brian Brutlag for signing a T.O. contract with the Norfolk Admirals...he's played well in the E, glad to see he gets to see a bit of life in the AHL!

Leave a comment:

• fr joe
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    He was in the Olympics.
    And he dined in the O Village with Eddie the Eagle and the Jamaican bobsled team.

Leave a comment:

• ajt6954
    replied

It is the playoffs, and I remember a couple of guys on crutches toughing it out a couple years back. If he had to be pulled from the lineup in overtime of a game (I'm assuming Chris Thompson had made that decision), then it must be serious enough to not play on.

This series, we need to play hockey the same way we should think as engineers: Out of the box.
    Agreed 100%...I can't wait for this series to start! I've got a 12 pack of Perroni Ale sitting in my fridge awaiting my ravaging once let of my cubicle for the weekend. Go RED! ...and a welcome back to RC from this side as well...surgery's never fun and hope the road to recovery is expedient .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X