Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I don't see a thread in the Scores section yet, so I'm guessing no.
    OK. Then back to northern NY. BTW, I wrote earlier that I was on a bus in 1963 traveling through Underwood on the way to Lake Placid It must have been earlier than that, between 1960 and 1962. I am sure that I have pictures, probably labeled, from LP, but I am too lazy to look for them. I spent a month there at the time.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      OK. Then back to northern NY. BTW, I wrote earlier that I was on a bus in 1963 traveling through Underwood on the way to Lake Placid It must have been earlier than that, between 1960 and 1962. I am sure that I have pictures, probably labeled, from LP, but I am too lazy to look for them. I spent a month there at the time.
      Very cool. One of the guys I play trivia with at the bar on Tuesdays collects postcards, and has a few old ones of Underwood.

Comment

So after all of this, does anyone know if the team is staying out of town? I can't see the Union approving the expense although it does make sense.
        I didn't e-mail Kevin about it. Was thinking about it, but wasn't sure how weird that question would sound. Perhaps someone could call in to Slap Schotts tomorrow morning?

Comment

Very cool. One of the guys I play trivia with at the bar on Tuesdays collects postcards, and has a few old ones of Underwood.
          I certainly have no recollection of Underwood.

Didn't he play goal for Cornell?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I certainly have no recollection of Underwood.

Didn't he play goal for Cornell?
            i c wut u did thar

The postcard collector doesn't seem to have loyalties towards any team, but is interested in college hockey; I know I discuss it with him for a little bit in between rounds.

Comment

SA is keeping the team in a hotel for the weekend. If you go to troyragord homepage there is a video where the ever insightful Ed Weaver asks the question. On behalf of the fans Ed, thank you for all you do. You truly are a credit to the fourth estate.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                SA is keeping the team in a hotel for the weekend. If you go to troyragord homepage there is a video where the ever insightful Ed Weaver asks the question. On behalf of the fans Ed, thank you for all you do. You truly are a credit to the fourth estate.
                ROFL, decided about ten seconds after the win, and the wife and mother making side bets about it, too.

EDIT: Because of the old saying of "Link or it didn't happen": http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2012/mar/07/986/
                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 03-07-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

ROFL, decided about ten seconds after the win, and the wife and mother making side bets about it, too.
                  When I read that I thought you were talking about your wife and mother.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

When I read that I thought you were talking about your wife and mother.
                    Given I'm not married, I'd love to see how that's possible.

Comment

Given I'm not married, I'd love to see how that's possible.
                      Given that I didn't know that ...

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The following 1st round players have until Fri at 7PM to get Round 2 picks into the ECAC Pick the Playoffs

allnightwong
                        alslammerz
                        apple2k
                        aweise
                        Brett Gobe
                        cnor79
                        critsports
                        css228
                        fr joe
                        goldenbriggsey
                        Havasu M
                        hockeyenthusiast
                        hockeyplayer1015
                        johnk
                        KnucklePuckCU
                        Maine-iac
                        REDaero91
                        REDRocket
                        Rjm7272
                        RPIcrank
                        TchrBill
                        TimU
                        unionbob
                        UnionTDX04
                        USCHO writer
                        Wholin1
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

You obviously didn't spend much time on NY 30, or times have changed. Nowadays they crawl ALL OVER that road.
                          28 to Blue Mountain Lake and then 30 up to Saranac Lake. Other than the section between Long Lake and Tupper Lake, the roads were deserted. Of course I think it was snowing every time we made the drive so that might have helped.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Our house is built on the property where the old Blue Mt Hotel was that Edison wired for electricity. When we first bought up there we had no knowledge of the families that owned all the property around us-the Durants, The Vanderbilts, Marjorie post, etc. Truly the area was the campground for the elite. If you have the time, make sure to visit the Adirondack Museum on Blue Mt Lake. Wonderful exhibits and a great way to learn the history of the region.
                            Had the pleasure of doing so during that short stay. Great take. I especially enjoyed the old logging exhibits. Men were men back then! And it looks like we stayed right near your place .. we were at the Prospect Point cottages.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                              28 to Blue Mountain Lake and then 30 up to Saranac Lake. Other than the section between Long Lake and Tupper Lake, the roads were deserted. Of course I think it was snowing every time we made the drive so that might have helped.
                              I really love that area. Camped at Lake Durant a bunch of times, there are a few sites right on the lake. You can hear the loons all night.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                                Had the pleasure of doing so during that short stay. Great take. I especially enjoyed the old logging exhibits. Men were men back then! And it looks like we stayed right near your place .. we were at the Prospect Point cottages.
                                Prospect Point is one of the few places left. The absolute best years ago was Potter's on the lake. Right at the intersection where 28 ends at route 30. They had magnificent rustic cottages going up into the hill and a huge lodge type dining room. We vacationed and stayed there a few times and loved it so much we decided to buy.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X