Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Originally posted by rjohntute View Post
    First-hand information there. I wouldn't call it an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      I was in Hershey last night, watching the Bears play Springfield, the team for which I had hoped Allen York might be playing.

I didn't get to follow the RPI-Clarkson game while it was actually in progress, but thoroughly enjoyed tracking the game retroactively on the scores thread. Thanks to everybody who contributed their posts.

Unfortunately, if the superstitious among us would like me to go to another Hershey game this weekend while RPI is in action against Union, the Bears will be on the road at St. John's, so you're going to have to send me to Newfoundland.
      I hear Newfoundland is lovely this time of year.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Doc, the last five games have stood out because of the opposition, but we have been building this since Jan. 1.
        I like the fact that we scored some goals this weekend.
        This team has a lot of heart, but a little shy on brains. Those penalties at the end of the game last night were totally unnecessary. Playing with a two goal lead late in the third period is not the time to get stupid.
        If they do that against Union, we will pay dearly.
        This is a good team, getting better every game. I look for a good series against Union.
        They were indeed stupid penalties late in the game. We seem to have a knack for them. But we also have not had a lot of practice in protecting a lead late in games either. Perhaps we learned something. Union presents a whole new set of problems for us-hopefully we can prepare better for them than we did earlier this year.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          They were indeed stupid penalties late in the game. We seem to have a knack for them. But we also have not had a lot of practice in protecting a lead late in games either. Perhaps we learned something. Union presents a whole new set of problems for us-hopefully we can prepare better for them than we did earlier this year.
          Given the number of games we had where the game was lost in the last couple of minutes (sometimes the last 10 or so seconds), I'd say we've had enough practice. Any game that doesn't have any flow is going to get chippy like that.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            I have had my high profile dust ups with Ken but for Paul Stewart to give him the snub is unprofessional (I think I stopped this practice in third grade). However, Ken gives alot of ink to ECAC hockey and besides Ed Weaver stellar coverage does a youmens job covering all things ECAC hockey. Question - besides Fat Mike (and the cocktail waitresses at the airports), is there anybody Paul Stewart likes?
            Stewart was at all three Yale games this weekend and comes to most Yale home games, he had a few choice expetives thrown his way from the crowd into the open press box last because of the horrible as usual officiating. Still not sure why he frquents ingalls so often, he either wants to witness Allain's next dust up with an official or lives nearby.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Stewart was at all three Yale games this weekend and comes to most Yale home games, he had a few choice expetives thrown his way from the crowd into the open press box last because of the horrible as usual officiating. Still not sure why he frquents ingalls so often, he either wants to witness Allain's next dust up with an official or lives nearby.
              How was he at Ingalls and Cheel at the same time on Sunday?
              APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                How was he at Ingalls and Cheel at the same time on Sunday?
                The one at Cheel was probably Mecha-Stewart.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  The one at Cheel was probably Mecha-Stewart.
                  No wonder he just walked by KS without any acknowledgement whatsoever. Source is Ken's facebook page.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    No wonder he just walked by KS without any acknowledgement whatsoever. Source is Ken's facebook page.
                    The mystery deepens.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I had the great pleasure to see all three games in person this weekend...though I sure don't need to spend three days in Potsdam again anytime soon.

So happy and proud of the boys for an outstanding effort. The band more than held its own at Cheel and were a credit to all who have come before them. Great work!

I can't add much to what's already been said about the series, other than reiterating Appert's thoughts re: penalties. We took some bone-headed penalties at inopportune times - inlcuding the 1st 20 secs and last 2 mins of the game last night. We just need to play smarter than that to have ANY shot at knocking off Union. Its that simple. House money boy! Go get 'em......
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-05-2012, 05:19 PM.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        The band more than held its own at Cheel and were a credit to all who have come before them. Great work!
                        Thank you very much for the kind words. I'll agree that spending three days in the Potsdam area and around 13 hours in Cheel wasn't very fun, but the games more than made up for the location. We got compliments from RPI and Clarkson fans alike, with some of the latter even praising us over their own band ("You play music, we play noise."). It was fantastic to be able to play and cheer (and even sing "Happy Birthday" for Haggerty) for them on the road and I look forward to doing it again this weekend, albeit with a much shorter drive.

A side note: It is amazing how much of a difference being in a mob makes when it comes to the attitude of fans. Everybody I spoke to at Clarkson was fairly nice or at the very least civil, yet during Saturday's game the student section chanted "SLIT HIS THROAT!" for nearly a minute. I will admit that the band's cheer of "Break his legs! Make him suffer!" may be approaching the line, but I think that was definitely taking it too far. It was even more surprising when they suddenly had class (for all of 10 seconds) after the empty netter last night and began chanting "Thank you, seniors!"
                        RPI Pep Band
                        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          The mystery deepens.
                          IDK, the guy I saw was wearing an ECAC windbreaker, sitting in the visitors press box, and was at all three games, could have sworn it was him. Could be mistaken as well.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

On the road again -
                            Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
                            We're the best of friends.
                            Insisting that the world keep turning our way
                            And our way
                            is on the road again.
                            Just can't wait to get on the road again.
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

• John k, will you be at your bar fri sat sun before or after the games? Any drink specials if you have rip gear on .
                              Originally posted by johnk View Post
                              Complete opposite season from what we all witnessed last year. The team has peaked at the right time and for whatever reason, plays a much more disciplined style of hockey on the road. This upcoming weekend RPI has nothing to lose and as much as I am not expecting this team to finish out an improbable run through AC into the NCAA's, all I want to see this weekend is a team that competes throughout this 2 or 3 game series. That hasn't happened the 3 games they played against Union this year. I was really routing for Brown or Princeton last night beacuse even having to go to Lynah and the crap that goes along with playing there, I would of liked RPI's chances much more against Cornell, plus I would like to see both of these teams in the semis at the same time.
                              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                First-hand information there. I wouldn't call it an excuse.
                                Yes-in the post-game interview with Karpowich, he said that he had injured his knee earlier in the week and it hurt so bad they had to numb it so he could even play. I have even more respect for him after hearing that-he made incredible save after incredible save, and really carried the game much of the time this weekend. There's no way we have three overtimes without him-and the score on Friday and Sunday could have been a bit more lopsided in our favor if it wasn't for him in net. Of course, the same can pretty much be said about Bryce-although I feel our D (and forwards) blocked a lot of shots before they even got to him. Boxscore says Clarkson only had 5 SOG in the third on Sunday, and that was with two decent-length 5x3s.

Comment

Working...
                                X