Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part VI: Sweet Meteor of Death

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I think I was responsible for another 200 or so, nae?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      I had a friend, who reads lips, watch the video. This is what he interpreted; Casey Jones..."hey Bergin, gotta minute".....Bergin....yeah, 1 MINUTE AND CLARKSON STILL SUCKS"
      a
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Oh good, a nice square number. Divide by 13 if you don't understand.

Comment

I had the same thought about Bergin. Also Bailen seems to have gotten back into his form of last season on offense.
          Bailen is perhaps one of the greatest offensive threats (as a defenseman) that we have had in Troy. He has had some rather odd moments playing defensive hockey though this year. It was great to see him put it together though these past 5 games. Add to that the fact that the freshmen are all contributing and providing offense (i sure hope Schroeder isn't hurt bad enough to have to sit out this weekend), we are not the same team that we were for the first 75% of the season. I still do not think we match up well against Union-their style of play or their personnel (perhaps the only ECAC team that we don't) and it will take some real strategy and preparation by our coaching staff to deal with them. This weekend we will have our toughest test-if we can get through it-anything we have to face in AC would be easier to deal with.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Oh good, a nice square number. Divide by 13 if you don't understand.
            Have to say this-you posted the absolute best pun of all.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              I had a friend, who reads lips, watch the video. This is what he interpreted; Casey Jones..."hey Bergin, gotta minute".....Bergin....yeah, 1 MINUTE AND CLARKSON STILL SUCKS"
              Now that is funny (true, but funny). Thanks for the laugh.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Complete opposite season from what we all witnessed last year. The team has peaked at the right time and for whatever reason, plays a much more disciplined style of hockey on the road. This upcoming weekend RPI has nothing to lose and as much as I am not expecting this team to finish out an improbable run through AC into the NCAA's, all I want to see this weekend is a team that competes throughout this 2 or 3 game series. That hasn't happened the 3 games they played against Union this year. I was really routing for Brown or Princeton last night beacuse even having to go to Lynah and the crap that goes along with playing there, I would of liked RPI's chances much more against Cornell, plus I would like to see both of these teams in the semis at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Bailen is perhaps one of the greatest offensive threats (as a defenseman) that we have had in Troy. He has had some rather odd moments playing defensive hockey though this year. It was great to see him put it together though these past 5 games. Add to that the fact that the freshmen are all contributing and providing offense (i sure hope Schroeder isn't hurt bad enough to have to sit out this weekend), we are not the same team that we were for the first 75% of the season. I still do not think we match up well against Union-their style of play or their personnel (perhaps the only ECAC team that we don't) and it will take some real strategy and preparation by our coaching staff to deal with them. This weekend we will have our toughest test-if we can get through it-anything we have to face in AC would be easier to deal with.
                  Doc, the last five games have stood out because of the opposition, but we have been building this since Jan. 1.
                  I like the fact that we scored some goals this weekend.
                  This team has a lot of heart, but a little shy on brains. Those penalties at the end of the game last night were totally unnecessary. Playing with a two goal lead late in the third period is not the time to get stupid.
                  If they do that against Union, we will pay dearly.
                  This is a good team, getting better every game. I look for a good series against Union.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

This link may have been posted since the information was supplied to the TU blogger by lugnut, but I don't recall seeing it earlier. (I am referring to the blog entry, not the Clarkson handouts which were mentioned.)
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was in Hershey last night, watching the Bears play Springfield, the team for which I had hoped Allen York might be playing.

I didn't get to follow the RPI-Clarkson game while it was actually in progress, but thoroughly enjoyed tracking the game retroactively on the scores thread. Thanks to everybody who contributed their posts.

Unfortunately, if the superstitious among us would like me to go to another Hershey game this weekend while RPI is in action against Union, the Bears will be on the road at St. John's, so you're going to have to send me to Newfoundland.

Comment

Actually, I had asked Ken on his facebook about Stewie going up to the press box, and I guess PS didn't return the greeting that KS had extended. Sounds like there's still a bit of a grudge there.
                        I have had my high profile dust ups with Ken but for Paul Stewart to give him the snub is unprofessional (I think I stopped this practice in third grade). However, Ken gives alot of ink to ECAC hockey and besides Ed Weaver stellar coverage does a youmens job covering all things ECAC hockey. Question - besides Fat Mike (and the cocktail waitresses at the airports), is there anybody Paul Stewart likes?
                        Last edited by AspyDad; 03-05-2012, 12:29 PM.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Clarkson tv giving excuses for Clarkson on twitter.
                          Last edited by rjohntute; 03-05-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Interesting quote from Coach Appert from the Watertown paper - http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...TS03/703059914 .

�By no means are we perfect,� RPI coach Seth Appert said. �Just look at how hyper we played down the stretch and the penalties we took. We like to make things difficult on ourselves. Just when this team becomes a team that you can start falling in love with, they make you despise them a little bit with some of the penalties that we take, unnecessarily."

Comment

Originally posted by rjohntute View Post
                              Cap Carey giving excuses for Clarkson on twitter.
                              Link?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Link?
                                Meant Clarkson TV. https://***********/#!/WCKN_Hockey/s...97040674357248

Comment

Working...
                                X