Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flatlander14 View Post
    Time it took USCHO to approve my username: 22 days
    Took them about that long to approve me too.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Doooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
      I haven't been to a BU game in almost exactly two years! Crazy but it's the truth. The weird thing is, do I go this weekend or do I go for the Frozen Four if they make it? One buddy pass. Rover right now is like, "go see the last BU game of the year."
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
        I haven't been to a BU game in almost exactly two years! Crazy but it's the truth. The weird thing is, do I go this weekend or do I go for the Frozen Four if they make it? One buddy pass. Rover right now is like, "go see the last BU game of the year."
        Tough call. Do you try to drop a single in shallow left field? Or do you swing for the fences?

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
          one OR the other?!??

?!?!?!!!?!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
            Cross posting from the regional thread, for those who can't make it:

Just thought I'd add a little bit to this, because the news I got is a bit better. BU's athletic department is in talks with NESN to see if the ACC baseball game they are airing is one that they are obligated to show. If not, they are going to lobby NESN to pick up the ESPN syndication for the BU/Minnesota game. They are very hopeful that this will be the case. Also, they noted that Fox Sports North is likely to pick up the game, and if that is the case, they will see if it can be aired on one of the FCS channels locally available through Comcast. The downside to the latter would be the lack of HD availability.

Nothing can be done about Comcast SportsNet because they are contractually obligated to show their MLS game.

Thanks go to JD, for the idea to contact the athletic dept.
            Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            FSN might end up picking up at least our game. I can update you guys if I hear anything. Tough draw for us too. Lots of respect for your program. And just an FYI, the Gopher's record at the X the past 4-5 years isn't too hot (including blowing a 3 goal 3rd period lead to NoDak on Friday). Should be a great game.
            I'm happy with the draw because it means that I will see BU play against at least one team that I haven't seen them play against recently. Unfortunately, since the game is in MN, I won't be able to attend, which is the main reason I wanted the Terriers to be in the East. That being said, I'm eagerly awaiting which local network is going to be picking this up.

Any BU fans or alumni want to organize a watch party for this game somewhere in the Boston area? I'd be down for going to/help organizing that!
            I gotta think that even in the worst case scenario, which would be only FSN picking up the broadcast, that T's Pub would get this channel on their dish. Maybe someone should see if they'll throw us a party?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              one OR the other?!??

?!?!?!!!?!
              One or the other. Went to SF to see a girl with the other buddy pass. :P
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                I gotta think that even in the worst case scenario, which would be only FSN picking up the broadcast, that T's Pub would get this channel on their dish. Maybe someone should see if they'll throw us a party?
                I think the Alumni office will be planning a watch party somewhere.

Comment

anyone find cheap airfare? lowest I can get is $400 friday to tuesday morning, otherwise ~$500+
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                    One or the other. Went to SF to see a girl with the other buddy pass. :P
                    You are a high faluting barrister!! Break out the platinum card there buddy!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                      What's going on in Agganis Arena?
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Cheap bastid Jacobs!! DAMMIT!!!
                        Found out reason - the camera gear for NHL games doesn't get removed from the nets so can't be used for other games. I'm assuming these are review related as there is a bunch of wiring in the net that I haven't seen in past years for tv broadcast cameras.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                          What's going on in Agganis Arena?
                          The FIRST robotics competition is there Friday and Saturday. Until 5 on Saturday, which is right around gametime start, no?

BU Alum '07

Comment

The FIRST robotics competition is there Friday and Saturday. Until 5 on Saturday, which is right around gametime start, no?
                            So Agganis is out. That basically leaves the BU Central at the GSU (which, if I remember from 2007, was barely filled). I guess that could work.
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                              Far from it. Why waste a free ticket to go see an arsekicking, when you can be in Florida instead? No, BU won't be there most likely but hey everybody needs a vacation and while I've heard good things about Minny I'm more of a beach guy myself.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Could have made it to E or NE regional, not gonna make it out to the midwest. Tampa could be a possibility, forgive me for not buying the tickets yet, something tells me I should wait.
                                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X