Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Apparently the students have a bus trip planned out, but are currently getting screwed over by cost of the bus and even with BU kicking in support it's about to get cancelled. Looks like we'll need more than a few Temporary Terriers on Saturday.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

A bus...to Minnesota? Wow. Is it a party bus???

Comment

Cross posting from the regional thread, for those who can't make it:

Just thought I'd add a little bit to this, because the news I got is a bit better. BU's athletic department is in talks with NESN to see if the ACC baseball game they are airing is one that they are obligated to show. If not, they are going to lobby NESN to pick up the ESPN syndication for the BU/Minnesota game. They are very hopeful that this will be the case. Also, they noted that Fox Sports North is likely to pick up the game, and if that is the case, they will see if it can be aired on one of the FCS channels locally available through Comcast. The downside to the latter would be the lack of HD availability.

Nothing can be done about Comcast SportsNet because they are contractually obligated to show their MLS game.

Thanks go to JD, for the idea to contact the athletic dept.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          A bus...to Minnesota? Wow. Is it a party bus???
          Lol no, but as of now, the cost of the bus is apparently about equal to how much it'd cost to fly. It's not a lack of willingness of the students to go, it's that it costs $400+ right now, I believe not including game tickets.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            This was posted in the Regional thread - a very cool read.

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=550132
            I've read several accounts of the brawl and no two are the same.
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              This was posted in the Regional thread - a very cool read.

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=550132
              Nothing cool about this. And every bu follower should know what happened already
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Lol no, but as of now, the cost of the bus is apparently about equal to how much it'd cost to fly. It's not a lack of willingness of the students to go, it's that it costs $400+ right now, I believe not including game tickets.
                Would the bus leave tomorrow? Jesus that would be some haul.

IIRC NU put together some bus to the midwest when they made it, maybe look to them for suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  Would the bus leave tomorrow? Jesus that would be some haul.

IIRC NU put together some bus to the midwest when they made it, maybe look to them for suggestions?
                  24 hour drive or so, game's on Saturday. NU did that, I don't know if they've spoken to them about it, but Grand Rapids was a bit shorter. Apparently it has to do with regulations for how long a driver is legally allowed to drive in a 24 hour period, and airfare for the driver(s) required to make it. Seems like it's dead at this point. I'm not in charge of any of this, just passing along what I've heard from some friends who are trying to coordinate it with BU.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

24 hour drive or so, game's on Saturday. NU did that, I don't know if they've spoken to them about it, but Grand Rapids was a bit shorter. Apparently it has to do with regulations for how long a driver is legally allowed to drive in a 24 hour period, and airfare for the driver(s) required to make it. Seems like it's dead at this point. I'm not in charge of any of this, just passing along what I've heard from some friends who are trying to coordinate it with BU.
                    Be better off to charter a plane. Seriously, right? Or is that ludicrous?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Be better off to charter a plane. Seriously, right? Or is that ludicrous?
                      No idea on what that cost would be, but I'll pass it along to those who are planning. The other problem is I think there's a deadline for when the tickets have to be returned to the NCAA from BU, might be tomorrow?
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Thanks.

True...if they put something on the website, though, there could be a relatively fast turnover.

Comment

No idea on what that cost would be, but I'll pass it along to those who are planning. The other problem is I think there's a deadline for when the tickets have to be returned to the NCAA from BU, might be tomorrow?
                          Might be Tues EOD or sometime Wednesday as BC is emailing people about assignments Wednesday morning.

Comment

Time it took USCHO to approve my username: 22 days
                            Boston University 2014
                            It's all part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              Might be Tues EOD or sometime Wednesday as BC is emailing people about assignments Wednesday morning.
                              Looks like the deadline, at least for the trip, is 3 pm, and it's not going to happen.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander14 View Post
                                Time it took USCHO to approve my username: 22 days
                                Background checks take time.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X