Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
    It is hard to disagree. And less because of who they are playing than because of BU itself. They are .500 since the end of January and 1-5 against teams in the tournament during that span. I don't fault the effort or the coaching too much. For the most part, the team has done its best with what they have. But they just don't have the personnel at this point. Could Millan steal a game? Maybe. Two? Doubtful.
    Anything can happen. Just win 2 games and you're in the FF. BU still has a lot of talent though a bit depleted with the loss of players. You still have players like Megan, Chiaison, Clendening, Privitera, Noonan, Millan, etc. to anchor the team.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
      Anything can happen. Just win 2 games and you're in the FF. BU still has a lot of talent though a bit depleted with the loss of players. You still have players like Megan, Chiaison, Clendening, Privitera, Noonan, Millan, etc. to anchor the team.
      Yes, anything can happen ... Just ask Bemidji State. And just making the tournament, as opposed to imploding, is an accomplishment this year. But this is a tough draw for BU. Personally, I think Lowell got a better deal going to Bridgeport.
      Last edited by srsterrier; 03-18-2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
        Yes, anything can happen ... Just ask Bemidji State. And juat making the tournament, as opposed to imploding, is an accomplishment this year. But this is a tough draw for BU. Personally, I think Lowell got a better deal going to Bridgeport.
        The one thing that helps BU is the crowd. Since UND is also here, you just inherited a crapload of fans. There are fans that bought Holy Cross jerseys after their MN upset. Not. Kidding.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Seriously contemplating using my Southwest Buddy Pass to go to the games.
          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
            Any chance NESN or another local station picks up the game or is it just going to be ESPN3?
            FSN might end up picking up at least our game. I can update you guys if I hear anything. Tough draw for us too. Lots of respect for your program. And just an FYI, the Gopher's record at the X the past 4-5 years isn't too hot (including blowing a 3 goal 3rd period lead to NoDak on Friday). Should be a great game.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I'm happy with the draw because it means that I will see BU play against at least one team that I haven't seen them play against recently. Unfortunately, since the game is in MN, I won't be able to attend, which is the main reason I wanted the Terriers to be in the East. That being said, I'm eagerly awaiting which local network is going to be picking this up.

Any BU fans or alumni want to organize a watch party for this game somewhere in the Boston area? I'd be down for going to/help organizing that!

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                Seriously contemplating using my Southwest Buddy Pass to go to the games.
                Doooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by BUhockey24 View Post
                  At first I thought BU had a really tough draw but at second look I think it actually could be somewhat favorable. I would not want to be in BC or Michigan brackets and I wouldn't want to play against Miami in the first game which is the other bracket (not saying I'm excited to play Minn or North Dakota).

I'm not taking crazy pills and think BU is in any way a favorite or anything but they certainly have a chance of getting to Tampa. They have a Sr goalie with a ton of experience, you have a captain who has played and scored in a National Championship so there are some intangibles that could help. I have yet to see a team shut down there top line and they have good depth at defense. Again I know it's a longshot but I guess this rambling is to say it might not be as big a longshot as people think.
                  You've been taking crazy pills. BU is incapable of putting together enough complete games in a row to make any noise in the NCAA's. Couple that with an ineffective coaching staff and I'm guessing they're one and done.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Juuuuuuicy!
                    Luuuuuuuucy!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      You've been taking crazy pills. BU is incapable of putting together enough complete games in a row to make any noise in the NCAA's. Couple that with an ineffective coaching staff and I'm guessing they're one and done.
                      Right now they dont have to play more than one game. They just have to go out and play one road game at Minnesota...

"We gotta play it one day at a time" - Ebby Calvin LaLoosh

........ Or were you sandbagging?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        ........ Or were you sandbagging?
                        rover don't be sandbagging. Like his hero John Silber he is riding the straight shooter express!

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Juuuuuuicy!
                          Luuuuuuuucy!

Molten cheesy goodness!
                          Bugs Bunny - 96
                          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                            Molten cheesy goodness!
                            Word!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                              Molten cheesy goodness!
                              *****http://www.pitch.com/imager/burgers-are-made-to-be-filled-with-cheese/b/original/2549376/fb4e/juicylucy.jpg******

Comment

This was posted in the Regional thread - a very cool read.

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=550132

Comment

Working...
                                X