Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    that is one guess.

here is another one in the pwr thread
    BC and UND win (potential swap of Cornell and Maine):
    Worcester : 1) BC v 16) Air Force ;; 7) UMD v 9) BU
    Bridgeport : 2) Union v 15) MSU ;; 6) Miami v 12) Cornell
    Green Bay : 3) Michigan v 14) Lowell ;; 5) Ferris v 11) Denver
    St Paul : 4) No Dakota v 13) W Michigan ;; 8) Minnesota v 10) Maine

and my ballot.
    worcester
    bc -afa
    duluth - bu

bridgeport
    union - sparty
    miami (oh) - du

greenbay
    michigan - cornell
    ferris - maine

stpaul
    sioux - western
    gophs - chiefs
    Last edited by mookie1995; 03-17-2012, 09:33 PM.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
      This just means that BU can get its much-needed revenge on BC for the 2006....

... yeah, that ain't gonna happen.
      Watching tonight's game almost makes my ranting irrelevant. BC just seems a level above everyone else, and if not for that anomaly against Colorado College last year we're probably looking at a 3-peat (I didn't check the records - has that EVER been done in college hockey)? Let's be honest - it's not about getting the BEST players - it's about getting players that complement each other to form a cohesive unit. I think perhaps ALL of these teams that think that recruiting NHL talent is the best way should think again. BC has continuity because their players STAY more than one or two years and they have now built a culture of success that only breeds more success. Just like teams have to adjust to a new offensive strategy (run and shoot, West Coast offense, no huddle, or the Patriots' use of the pass as a running game), they will have to adjust their thinking regarding how they recruit. If not, BC will keep winning every year. This goes beyond "fire Jack" or "fire Timmay." I am convinced now that it doesn't matter WHO the coach is - the culture must change if these schools are going to be competitive. Right now BC has an invincible program. That game tonight was a joke. They took the Maine crowd right out of the game and totally shut them down. Even when it was 2-1 Maine was really never in this game. Unbelievable...and you can hate BC all you want but you have to give them tremendous credit. They play when it matters most. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        that is one guess.

here is another one in the pwr thread
        BC and UND win (potential swap of Cornell and Maine):
        Worcester : 1) BC v 16) Air Force ;; 7) UMD v 9) BU
        Bridgeport : 2) Union v 15) MSU ;; 6) Miami v 12) Cornell
        Green Bay : 3) Michigan v 14) Lowell ;; 5) Ferris v 11) Denver
        St Paul : 4) No Dakota v 13) W Michigan ;; 8) Minnesota v 10) Maine

and my ballot.
        worcester
        bc -afa
        duluth - bu

bridgeport
        union - sparty
        miami (oh) - du

greenbay
        michigan - cornell
        ferris - maine

stpaul
        sioux - western
        gophs - chiefs
        There are no drawing cards in Bridgeport. Are they going to have Union as the only Eastern team?
        Maybe BU or Lowell to CT?

Draw integrity is one thing, but they still want fannies on seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
          There are no drawing cards in Bridgeport. Are they going to have Union as the only Eastern team?
          Maybe BU or Lowell to CT?

Draw integrity is one thing, but they still want fannies on seats.
          And your point is??? You have a regional in Connecticut - there are NO teams in southern New England, New York City, New Jersey (except for Yale - and they're not in it) - what do you expect? Who would you put there that will make a difference? It an eight hour drive for Maine fans. It's two hours beyond Worcester which means most BU fans won't go. Nobody will come from the West because they'll put their eggs and money in the Frozen Four basket. When you hold a regional where there is only ONE local school with a chance to get it...too bad. I can think of about five places better suited to have this (Providence, Manchester, Lake Placid, Albany, Buffalo). Morons... (not you, the NCAA)

Comment

BU in Saint Paul -- I like it! Let's make it happen. Who's coming if that's the case?
            Bugs Bunny - 96
            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
              BU in Saint Paul -- I like it! Let's make it happen. Who's coming if that's the case?
              *thumbs up*
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

$500 rt on delta. heading out saturday morning, return sunday night.

Comment

Chickod, I know what you're saying--and I agree. But if I'm understanding you correctly, I think you're underestimating just how many current NHLers are BC guys. There's quite a few.

i can see that mookie REALLY wants BU staying east, but i happen to agree with the USCHO guy. i think it's st. paul for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Chickod, I know what you're saying--and I agree. But if I'm understanding you correctly, I think you're underestimating just how many current NHLers are BC guys. There's quite a few.
                    Possibly...

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    i can see that mookie REALLY wants BU staying east, but i happen to agree with the USCHO guy. i think it's st. paul for you guys.
                    I say St. Paul - BU has been a .500 team since January 27 (8-8)...if it's anything like basketball, in "tiebreaker" situations they usually give weight to how you are playing at the end of the season - and let me just get in my little shot again at all you people obsessed with the PWR. When I said it's more important to WIN GAMES, this is what I meant.

And by the way, that's a BRUTAL draw. Good luck winning a game out there...
                    Last edited by chickod; 03-18-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                      Me!!!

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      *thumbs up*
                      Seriously?? You'd go?? Call me later today.

If we go, I'm flying home Monday. What time is the game on Sunday? And no, that doesn't mean I expect to be playing. It means I'm going for the two games. We should all chat about rooms, maybe a rental car as well.

Comment

You know, yesterday (or Friday?) they were predicting a Connolly vs. Connolly match up in Worcester. I was thinking "How nice for the parents, they can both come to one regional and see both their kids." Now, the son playing in Minnesota could be coming here and the son playing here could be going to Minnesota. A weird turn of events.

I. Just. Don't. Want. Green Bay.

Comment

Up to $704 this morning. D@mn that 7-day advance purchase!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Up to $704 this morning. D@mn that 7-day advance purchase!!!
                            I am heading to Worcester with a friend. Since 1997 we have had the same seats when the Regional comes to the Centrum/DCU Center. We will likely meet up with a longtime military colleague who is BC Class of 1966 and enjoy some hockey. This is a ritual we have come to enjoy and oftentimes is the close out of our season. Hope wherever we land that your presence can bring out the best in our guys, Scarlet!

Comment

I may have missed it but the last flight out Sunday nite on Delta seems to be 7:20pm. That may be very tight with a game time of 4pm (and it's on tv). Did you find something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                                I may have missed it but the last flight out Sunday nite on Delta seems to be 7:20pm. That may be very tight with a game time of 4pm (and it's on tv). Did you find something else?
                                Nah... Before I checked flights I went to stubhub and they had the game as 1pm Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X