Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    What happened to him? And what's the 0-6?
    He got killed behind Milan, BU went on to score the tying goal. Did not look good

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

If he was too hurt to return to the game tonight, it's doubtful that he'll be ready to go tomorrow. If he does play, can't see him being 100% but we'll see.

Comment

BU hung in there, but it is tough to win when you are essentially down to two lines and your first team defenseman is getting outworked (2nd goal) and simply giving the puck away on a poor clearing attempt (4th goal). Connolly had a great game, was all over the ice and had his feet moving all game. Nieto was also strong. Gill's penalty at the end of the first was stupid and it gave Maine a jump start at the beginning of the second period. Considering all of the losses, this team did very well to make it to the Garden. They just don't have enough weapons and the lack of depth shows at both forward and on D. Too many minutes have to be given to players who should have more limited roles. They will make the National Tournament and that is a great accomplishment considering where they were to start the second half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
          This may be a dumb question: does the men's hockey team make a profit at BU? Include all related costs for producing the product on the ice.
          I don't know for sure, but I would guess that they do not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            It's simple math. Maine is the better hockey team.

I hope Spencer Abbott is okay to play tomorrow.

0-6.
            Yup. BU showed up to play, they hung in there, they fought the good fight etc etc... But in the end Maine was deeper and more talented from top to bottom and was the better team tonight.

We had put chances to win and even chances to tie it up shorthanded at the end but it was not meant to be.

I guess we just sit back and see who we draw for the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Yup. BU showed up to play, they hung in there, they fought the good fight etc etc... But in the end Maine was deeper and more talented from top to bottom and was the better team tonight.

We had put chances to win and even chances to tie it up shorthanded at the end but it was not meant to be.

I guess we just sit back and see who we draw for the NCAA.
              I agree with this. BU had their opportunities, but they've got to bury the puck. Probably a bit of scarlet colored glasses, but I think that BU had better opportunities than Maine, just couldn't finish. Rodrigues holding onto the puck once he had Sullivan beat comes to mind. I'm sure Millan would like a couple of those back as well.

Really tough hit in the PWR tonight too.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                But in the end Maine was deeper and more talented from top to bottom and was the better team tonight.
                Sorry, I don't really agree with that at all. I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned this yet (of course, I suppose we're used to it by now)...BU is the most penalized team in the country. You can't play a man down all the time and give a team like Maine all of those power plays. It's lethal. Yes, Privatera failing to keep the puck in and then falling down didn't help, but three power play goals will kill you every time. I absolutely DON'T agree that Maine is "more talented." BU was flying (and for once didn't come out flat) and showed tremendous skill with puck possession, good scoring chances, etc. And we were definitely faster. But the old bug-a-boo struck again - we can't stay out of the box, and that only exacerbates the fact that we are "down" players.

And is anyone else getting sick of the lack of support from the BU community? (and I don't want to hear the garbage about "Well, Maine is a STATE school") This is a program with five national championships and consistent success. There were 8000 Maine fans there (way more than 2 to 1 outnumbering us). A school three miles up the road should be packing that place (yes, I know I'm "preaching to the choir" and it "is what it is" and all that stuff). And if you don't think that affects them on the ice, you're wrong. It gets disheartening after awhile - there was hardly even any noise when we scored. The place exploded every time Maine scored. It's just so frustrating to see everyone sitting on their hands. I thought that getting away from Agganis into this atmosphere might inject some life into the fans, but I guess it will never happen...

Comment

Dumb question - doesn't BU normally start over on the helmet paws with the hockey quarters or am I super mistaken and the startover is normally for NCAAs?

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                  HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                  HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

I only got to see the first 18 minutes. Apparently after that it went all downhill but up to that point BU was dominating Maine all over the ice. Team just doesn't have any depth, but what do you expect when you lose three full scholly players? All three were top minute guys, Coyle and Trivino were top 6 forwards and Nicastro was top 4.

They had their chances, 3-4 I remember from the first period alone. I ffwd through the rest when I came home from dinner.

I still love the guys on the team now but they have an uphill battle. Maybe they can surprise us and get a tourney win.
                    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                      Really tough hit in the PWR tonight too.
                      bu's own fault... uhn dropped from tuc status (when a team you play 6x loses, that has an adverse effect).
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Chickod, BU hasn't had consistent success over the past 10 plus years...perhaps that's the problem in regard to lack of fan support. Apathy? Anyway, I'm sure it will be the same way in the final. Will feel like a home game for maine.

And when I say success, it hasn't been the success you all expect.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          bu's own fault... uhn dropped from tuc status (when a team you play 6x loses, that has an adverse effect).
                          unh is still in as a tuc right now.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Chickod, BU hasn't had consistent success over the past 10 plus years...perhaps that's the problem in regard to lack of fan support. Apathy? Anyway, I'm sure it will be the same way in the final. Will feel like a home game for maine.

And when I say success, it hasn't been the success you all expect.
                            correct. one single frozen four in 15 years is not success. in fact for 99% of the programs who consider themselves successful it would invoke some hard questions.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              unh is still in as a tuc right now.
                              mea culpa.

after harvard loses tomorrow they will fall out. i've been playing around and that was on the forefront of my thought.

Comment

actually.. i can't get them to stay no matter what so far.....

Comment

Working...
                                X