Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    I had my first one at age 47.
    That was probably THE first one!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      That was probably THE first one!
      cobbled together from some mastodon bones and lubricated with whale oil? I've heard of that prototype.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Agganis is giving tickets to students in 315. My friends and I bought from the Garden in 314.
        Thanks!

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
          Yeah, it's outdated. It also doesn't make any sense if your knee is really a mess. My knee wouldn't bend and I had a real hard time getting around and the pain was incredible. When they ask you about rating your pain from 1-10, I know have a firm idea what a 10 is.
          Thanks for the info. I will let him know, because I know he is doing nothing right now since he was told he was too young and he is in excructiating pain (sleeps two hours a night, etc.). As soon as he changes position he wakes up and then can't get back to sleep.

What's a little scary though is the wide range of opinions on this from the doctors themselves. Apparently you really have to do your research!

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Thanks for the info. I will let him know, because I know he is doing nothing right now since he was told he was too young and he is in excructiating pain (sleeps two hours a night, etc.). As soon as he changes position he wakes up and then can't get back to sleep.

What's a little scary though is the wide range of opinions on this from the doctors themselves. Apparently you really have to do your research!
            Where does he live?
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
              Anyone know what sections are bu sections in the upper deck this weekend?
              I am in 315

Comment

Originally posted by CDRAL View Post
                I am in 315
                What row, since it appears students and season ticket holders are in the same section? Could be interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                  What row, since it appears students and season ticket holders are in the same section? Could be interesting...
                  it's actually been this way most years since I got to BU for HE. students got the top 8-10 rows, and other season ticket holders got the bottom part. spread out to 314, 313, etc. if you need, you know no one else will be there anyways, those corner seats are always empty.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Fair point...sorry, I assumed that when I said "spontaneously react to a great play" it implies that the great play has to happen FIRST. I don't know how I can anticipate a great play, but, yes, I'll take the blame for my "wording."

Let's move on to the Garden! By the way, my seats are in the last row of the loge, so the only people I'll be blocking are the ones in the concourse behind me walking around.
                    No, behind the loge is the club section... where I'm sitting. So, if you happen to stand up and block my view, I'm gonna whack you in the head with Murray's sling.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Where does he live?
                      Boston suburbs...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        No, behind the loge is the club section... where I'm sitting. So, if you happen to stand up and block my view, I'm gonna whack you in the head with Murray's sling.
                        Not in the corner it isn't...I"m in Loge 9...I bought them from the Garden...not from BU...last minute thing (friends invited us for dinner but they have the flu so they canceled)

Also, not a good idea...the sling will probably break...

Comment

I agree with the preview on the HE semis, I don't perceive as much pressure on BU. I hope the staff and captains can get the guys to go out and play that way.
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                            I agree with the preview on the HE semis, I don't perceive as much pressure on BU. I hope the staff and captains can get the guys to go out and play that way.
                            Agreed...but isn't that always the issue???

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post

I was the same way with my first knee. It was impossible to get comfortable or sleep for any length of time. I became quite the aficionado of naps during that time. I told the doctor the first thing I was looking forward to was sleeping through the night. It's no way to go through life. I hope they at least signed off on Handicapped Parking for him.

The best thing to do is find an orthopedic surgeon who primarily does knees. A younger guy is better since they don't seem to carry those notions about "you're too young". Their whole philosophy seems different.

I am doing this one through Harvard Vanguard Wellesley. I did the first through HV West Roxbury. They provide good info on their websites about the doctors available. I have also heard the Kaplan Center for Jopint Replacement at Newton Wellesley Hospital is very good. His condition sounds just like I was the first time. I can't imagine they could look at him and not go right to surgery.
                              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                                The best thing to do is find an orthopedic surgeon who primarily does knees. A younger guy is better since they don't seem to carry those notions about "you're too young". Their whole philosophy seems different.
                                I'm sure he will be appreciative to get this information. I didn't ask him who actually did the surgery, but I'll pass the suggestion along. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X