Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
    Anyone know what sections are bu sections in the upper deck this weekend?
    Agganis is giving tickets to students in 315. My friends and I bought from the Garden in 314.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
      Anyone know what sections are bu sections in the upper deck this weekend?
      I have Loge seats from BU and mine are in 11. So maybe 314-316? I think that for Hockey East, the school seats are generally along the sides instead of in the corners.

edit: Brassbonanza beat me to it.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Chiasson 16-minute radio interview on Canada's The Pipeline Show
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          I've had my left knee replaced 3 times and I'm happy!
          Serious question...I have a friend who is in his 40s. He was told that he was "too young" to have a knee replacement because they don't last more than 10-15 years and you can only do it once.

Is this an outdated philosophy??

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            Here are the seasonal points-per-game leaders since the start of Hockey East in 1984-85:
            Code:
            Player              Season    GP    PPG
            John Cullen         1984-85   41   1.44
            John Cullen         1985-86   43   1.72
            John Cullen         1986-87   36   1.44
            Mike Kelfer         1987-88   34   1.56
            Mike Kelfer         1988-89   33   1.58
            Tony Amonte         1989-90   41   1.41
            Shawn McEachern     1990-91   41   2.00
            David Sacco         1991-92   35   1.34
            David Sacco         1992-93   40   1.55
            Mike Pomichter      1993-94   40   1.33
            Mike Grier          1994-95   37   1.49
            Chris Drury         1995-96   37   1.84
            Chris Drury         1996-97   41   1.51
            Chris Drury         1997-98   38   1.50
            Albie O'Connell     1998-99   36   1.08
            Tommi Degerman      1999-00   42   1.02
            Carl Corazzini      2000-01   35   1.03
            Mike Pandolfo       2001-02   38   1.05
            Frantisek Skladany  2002-03   41   0.85
            Ryan Whitney        2003-04   38   0.66
            David Van der Gulik 2004-05   41   0.76
            Peter MacArthur     2005-06   40   0.98
            Peter MacArthur     2006-07   39   0.92
            Peter MacArthur     2007-08   40   1.13
            Colin Wilson        2008-09   43   1.28
            Nick Bonino         2009-10   33   1.15
            Alex Chiasson       2010-11   35   0.97
            Alex Chiasson       2011-12   36   1.22
            Sean
            MacArthur was the Point-Per- Game leader for 3 seasons in a row? Not bad. I think that he doesn't quite get the credit that he deserves for being a very good player. A couple of those teams were pretty good but none made the Frozen Four. Am I mistaken or did he come to BU a year earlier than was originally planned? If so, he should have still been here in 08'-09' if plans hadn't changed. I wonder if he ever thinks about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Serious question...I have a friend who is in his 40s. He was told that he was "too young" to have a knee replacement because they don't last more than 10-15 years and you can only do it once.

I had my first one at age 47. It came loose after 3 years due to hockey. The second one lasted 12 years and the bottom piece came loose. They replaced that piece last September and I'm ready to play golf. The field is advancing dramatically. Tell him to find a different ortho guy who does 2-3 knees per week.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                I had my first one at age 47. It came loose after 3 years due to hockey. The second one lasted 12 years and the bottom piece came loose. They replaced that piece last September and I'm ready to play golf. The field is advancing dramatically. Tell him to find a different ortho guy who does 2-3 knees per week.
                Good to know...thanks. I can't tell him what to do, but it is helpful if and when it happens to me!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  With at least two games to go, Chiasson has a chance to reach the 50 point mark.
                  There was a scoring error on BU's third goal of game 3, so Chiasson is now at 43 points for the season (1.19 ppg) after the correction was made.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Cisse out again this weekend with a shoulder injury.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Chris Connolly won the Hockey East Best Defensive Forward and also the Len Ceglarski Sportsmanship Award.

Full release here

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Chris Connolly won the Hockey East Best Defensive Forward and also the Len Ceglarski Sportsmanship Award.

Full release here
                        And the "Turfer Athletic Award" represents what?
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Full release here
                          Kieran got the Three Stars award. And Alex Privitera is among the rookies who were honored. (He's had a really good second half, even with those missing weeks.)

Comment

Not to take away from everyones fun here... But arent the court dates for Trivino and Nicastro looming...I just hope it doesnt become a distraction for the team....What are the upcoming dates to return to court for both??

Comment

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
                              Not to take away from everyones fun here... But arent the court dates for Trivino and Nicastro looming...I just hope it doesnt become a distraction for the team....What are the upcoming dates to return to court for both??
                              I would think that the guys are focusing on the task at hand. If you can't stay on task at this point in the year, you don't deserve to be here.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post

Yeah, it's outdated. It also doesn't make any sense if your knee is really a mess. My knee wouldn't bend and I had a real hard time getting around and the pain was incredible. When they ask you about rating your pain from 1-10, I know have a firm idea what a 10 is.

I had my right knee done 3 1/2 years ago at age 42. The first guy I saw said he wouldn't do it and I should wait. I then moved directly to a second opinion and the guy took one look and said: Let's get you on the surgical schedule. He said when it wears out, we'll just do it again. He looked at my left knee x-rays and told me that that one would be ready in 3-4 years and here I am, right on schedule. I unfortunately am going to a different guy this time since my first one is no longer available.

As the Pro said, find a new guy and one who specializes in them and does a lot of them. The new guy I am going to see does 6-7 surgeries a week, either knees or hips.

I would highly recommend to your friend to do it if he is having a lot of pain and decrease in quality of life. I admit it is a major surgery and there is a good amount of rehab time (I was out of work for 6 weeks) but it is unbelievable the difference it can make in your life. I can't wait to get the other one done and then be fully mobile again for the first time in the 6 or so years since I first started having real problems with my right one.

One advantage of doing it at a younger age is that normally you can skip the stay in the Rehab after surgery and recover at home. They have a physical therapist that will come in for like 3 weeks along with visiting nurses to check your bloodwork since you are on thinners to prevent blood clots. At 3 weeks you are ready to travel for your physical therapy.

It can get a bit boring during recovery since you do a lot of laying around, either elevating to drain swelling or in the knee "machine" which bends your knee to help get averything stretched out. I was lucky last time with my surgery happening to coincide with the start of Summer Olympics. This year I am planning for it to coincide. There may be no hockey, but I have found that water polo is very entertaining of the pain meds.

If your friend wants to talk to anyone who has been through, I would be more than happy to fill him on my experiences.
                                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Working...
                                X