Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveStPaul
    replied
    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    You can join us at the tailgate!

And for any BU fans in town, I'm 99% sure there will be a tailgate before the games. I will post any details as I find them out. As some BU fans can attest to (from the F4) last year, it's a fun time.
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    And it's behind a Dairy Queen!! You can get an ice cream!! Dave - you must meet up with us there.
    The one conflict I've got is that my son has Pinewood Derby races Saturday morning. But anything after that: I'm there!

I'll keep an eye on the 'Hoven updates. I'm not too cool to admit that I'm excited at the chance to meet . . . some of you.

Leave a comment:

• srsterrier
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Ya I just don't understand how you can say BUs bracket is more favorable than BC playing in worcester. You are playing a road game at minnesota. If you're fortunate to win that, you'll most likely be playing UND in another road game.

I will be stunned if BU comes out of this bracket.
    It is hard to disagree. And less because of who they are playing than because of BU itself. They are .500 since the end of January and 1-5 against teams in the tournament during that span. I don't fault the effort or the coaching too much. For the most part, the team has done its best with what they have. But they just don't have the personnel at this point. Could Millan steal a game? Maybe. Two? Doubtful.
    Last edited by srsterrier; 03-18-2012, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by BUhockey24 View Post
    At first I thought BU had a really tough draw but at second look I think it actually could be somewhat favorable. I would not want to be in BC or Michigan brackets and I wouldn't want to play against Miami in the first game which is the other bracket (not saying I'm excited to play Minn or North Dakota).

I'm not taking crazy pills and think BU is in any way a favorite or anything but they certainly have a chance of getting to Tampa. They have a Sr goalie with a ton of experience, you have a captain who has played and scored in a National Championship so there are some intangibles that could help. I have yet to see a team shut down there top line and they have good depth at defense. Again I know it's a longshot but I guess this rambling is to say it might not be as big a longshot as people think.
    Of course we have a chance... even in our recent losses, we have pretty much been in all of the games with our chances to win... will this weekend be the time we turn a couple of those "played hard, fought the good fight near misses" into wins? It could happen. I actually like the fact that we are playing against an opponent / opponents who we are not familiar with from this season and they are not familiar with us...

That being said, I also think I'd rather be the 3 seed in the east or the midwest, but since that is not where we are lets just play em.... Bring it on.

Leave a comment:

• MavHockey14
    replied

Please beat Minnesota. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Ah yeas, that could be it. My bad if so. Right now, I wouldn't be fearing michigan though.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Ya I just don't understand how you can say BUs bracket is more favorable than BC playing in worcester. You are playing a road game at minnesota. If you're fortunate to win that, you'll most likely be playing UND in another road game.

i read that as he was saying he would NOT want to PLAY bc or michigan in their bracket.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

I don't see how michigan's bracket is tougher than st. Paul either

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BUhockey24
    replied
    At first I thought BU had a really tough draw but at second look I think it actually could be somewhat favorable. I would not want to be in BC or Michigan brackets and I wouldn't want to play against Miami in the first game which is the other bracket (not saying I'm excited to play Minn or North Dakota).

I'm not taking crazy pills and think BU is in any way a favorite or anything but they certainly have a chance of getting to Tampa. They have a Sr goalie with a ton of experience, you have a captain who has played and scored in a National Championship so there are some intangibles that could help. I have yet to see a team shut down there top line and they have good depth at defense. Again I know it's a longshot but I guess this rambling is to say it might not be as big a longshot as people think.

Leave a comment:

• BU Fan 84
    replied

Looks like BU game is at 5, right? The Bruins are playing at LA at 9 EST...so pregame show at 8:30. It could be done (unless there's a craptastic spring training game NESN wants to show). I would get in touch with NESN and ask them.

The Celtics, on the other hand, don't have a game. I would also contact someone at Comcast. If all else fails, try channel 38.

IIRC, the Merrimack-Notre Dame game from Manchester last year was aired live on Comcast.
    There seems to be NC St. vs. UNC baseball live on NESN, and an MLS game live on CSN ending at 6 PM. Nothing of interest on channel 38.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

I sold that, otherwise I would bring it.
    you what?!?!?!?!!?!?

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    your collins gamer will fit anyone!
    I sold that, otherwise I would bring it.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    i am arriving at 830a saturday. i will be available to sign autographs between games saturday. at the tailgate hoven has before the games saturday behind the dq. and at that hockey bar after the games saturday.
    I will also be available for photo ops and autographs. I almost never pass up a chance to whore myself out for publicity.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

i am arriving at 830a saturday. i will be available to sign autographs between games saturday. at the tailgate hoven has before the games saturday behind the dq. and at that hockey bar after the games saturday.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

I hope so.

Didn't Melrose or Ward laugh that he picked a BU-Miami rematch because Bucci's son goes to Miami? Not because he thinks BU has a shot, but if Miami goes, then why not have that rematch in the final.

Any BU fans here that are not going willing to lend me a jersey? I've been asked to bring one and I don't think the jerseys I have will fit this person.
    your collins gamer will fit anyone!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X