Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    It's television - entertainment. He probably hasn't even seen a college game all year...
    Dude. I hope you're being facetious here. Because if not, you really need to stop. Bomber has probably been in person to more games than you have.

As for the bracket - it is a tough draw. Big deal. And seriously, we'll have a tough time going to Tampa? Really? Just Friday night all I read on here was how bad this team is and how they don't have it any more, blah blah blah fishcakes. It was all "It will be one and done in the NCAAs." And if that's the case, I'd rather it be in the toughest bracket with some potentially entertaining games. If I'm making this trip (which I am), I don't want to see Union (no offense Union). I've been saying all along it should not matter where they are in the PWR and who else needs to win. The team is going to St. Paul because that's where this season has lead them. Had they won a few more games (like Friday night), we could be not filling up Bridgeport, according to chickod. But they didn't, and, well, here we are.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

I think they were referring to Buccigross...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I think they were referring to Buccigross...
        I hope so.

Didn't Melrose or Ward laugh that he picked a BU-Miami rematch because Bucci's son goes to Miami? Not because he thinks BU has a shot, but if Miami goes, then why not have that rematch in the final.

Any BU fans here that are not going willing to lend me a jersey? I've been asked to bring one and I don't think the jerseys I have will fit this person.

Comment

Any chance NESN or another local station picks up the game or is it just going to be ESPN3?
          #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
            Any chance NESN or another local station picks up the game or is it just going to be ESPN3?
            Looks like BU game is at 5, right? The Bruins are playing at LA at 9 EST...so pregame show at 8:30. It could be done (unless there's a craptastic spring training game NESN wants to show). I would get in touch with NESN and ask them.

The Celtics, on the other hand, don't have a game. I would also contact someone at Comcast. If all else fails, try channel 38.

IIRC, the Merrimack-Notre Dame game from Manchester last year was aired live on Comcast.

Comment

Well said Scarlet. This team is a long shot to
              Tampa regardless of bracket. Why not play one of the ultimate "name" programs in their home rink. Talk about zero pressure.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Should UND beat WMU, I'm sure you'll have a lot of Sioux fans on your side...although you may not want that to against your better road mentality

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                  I just bought my tickets. Section 112.
                  You can join us at the tailgate!

And for any BU fans in town, I'm 99% sure there will be a tailgate before the games. I will post any details as I find them out. As some BU fans can attest to (from the F4) last year, it's a fun time.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Should UND beat WMU, I'm sure you'll have a lot of Sioux fans on your side...although you may not want that to against your better road mentality
                    I'd think we have that regardless if they beat WMU.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      You can join us at the tailgate!

And for any BU fans in town, I'm 99% sure there will be a tailgate before the games. I will post any details as I find them out. As some BU fans can attest to (from the F4) last year, it's a fun time.
                      And it's behind a Dairy Queen!! You can get an ice cream!! Dave - you must meet up with us there.

Comment

BU has a chance to single handedly knock out the entire WCHA from the NCAAs.

Comment

I know Buccigross is a Bruins fan, but is he also a BU guy/fan? Just picked you guys to go all the way to the final...against Miami.
                          Both of Buccigross' parents are BU grads. I remember he mentioned it on the selection show a few years ago.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                            BU has a chance to single handedly knock out the entire WCHA from the NCAAs.
                            payback for sioux winning the beanpot in worcester (the 'year' bourque played for us). bu can win the broadmore and macnaughton in st paul
                            ('can', not saying 'will')
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              I hope so.

Didn't Melrose or Ward laugh that he picked a BU-Miami rematch because Bucci's son goes to Miami? Not because he thinks BU has a shot, but if Miami goes, then why not have that rematch in the final.

Any BU fans here that are not going willing to lend me a jersey? I've been asked to bring one and I don't think the jerseys I have will fit this person.
                              your collins gamer will fit anyone!

Comment

i am arriving at 830a saturday. i will be available to sign autographs between games saturday. at the tailgate hoven has before the games saturday behind the dq. and at that hockey bar after the games saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X