Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chickod
    replied
    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by pirate View Post
    I agree with the preview on the HE semis, I don't perceive as much pressure on BU. I hope the staff and captains can get the guys to go out and play that way.
    Agreed...but isn't that always the issue???

Leave a comment:

• pirate
    replied
    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

I agree with the preview on the HE semis, I don't perceive as much pressure on BU. I hope the staff and captains can get the guys to go out and play that way.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    No, behind the loge is the club section... where I'm sitting. So, if you happen to stand up and block my view, I'm gonna whack you in the head with Murray's sling.
    Not in the corner it isn't...I"m in Loge 9...I bought them from the Garden...not from BU...last minute thing (friends invited us for dinner but they have the flu so they canceled)

Also, not a good idea...the sling will probably break...

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Where does he live?
    Boston suburbs...

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Fair point...sorry, I assumed that when I said "spontaneously react to a great play" it implies that the great play has to happen FIRST. I don't know how I can anticipate a great play, but, yes, I'll take the blame for my "wording."

Let's move on to the Garden! By the way, my seats are in the last row of the loge, so the only people I'll be blocking are the ones in the concourse behind me walking around.
    No, behind the loge is the club section... where I'm sitting. So, if you happen to stand up and block my view, I'm gonna whack you in the head with Murray's sling.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    What row, since it appears students and season ticket holders are in the same section? Could be interesting...
    it's actually been this way most years since I got to BU for HE. students got the top 8-10 rows, and other season ticket holders got the bottom part. spread out to 314, 313, etc. if you need, you know no one else will be there anyways, those corner seats are always empty.

Leave a comment:

• Agganis
    replied

Originally posted by CDRAL View Post
    I am in 315
    What row, since it appears students and season ticket holders are in the same section? Could be interesting...

Leave a comment:

• CDRAL
    replied

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
    Anyone know what sections are bu sections in the upper deck this weekend?
    I am in 315

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I will let him know, because I know he is doing nothing right now since he was told he was too young and he is in excructiating pain (sleeps two hours a night, etc.). As soon as he changes position he wakes up and then can't get back to sleep.

What's a little scary though is the wide range of opinions on this from the doctors themselves. Apparently you really have to do your research!
    Where does he live?

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
    Yeah, it's outdated. It also doesn't make any sense if your knee is really a mess. My knee wouldn't bend and I had a real hard time getting around and the pain was incredible. When they ask you about rating your pain from 1-10, I know have a firm idea what a 10 is.
    Thanks for the info. I will let him know, because I know he is doing nothing right now since he was told he was too young and he is in excructiating pain (sleeps two hours a night, etc.). As soon as he changes position he wakes up and then can't get back to sleep.

What's a little scary though is the wide range of opinions on this from the doctors themselves. Apparently you really have to do your research!

Leave a comment:

• BigRedTerrier
    replied
    Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Agganis is giving tickets to students in 315. My friends and I bought from the Garden in 314.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• pirate
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    That was probably THE first one!
    cobbled together from some mastodon bones and lubricated with whale oil? I've heard of that prototype.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    I had my first one at age 47.
    That was probably THE first one!

Leave a comment:

• BU2K
    replied

Serious question...I have a friend who is in his 40s. He was told that he was "too young" to have a knee replacement because they don't last more than 10-15 years and you can only do it once.

Is this an outdated philosophy??
    Yeah, it's outdated. It also doesn't make any sense if your knee is really a mess. My knee wouldn't bend and I had a real hard time getting around and the pain was incredible. When they ask you about rating your pain from 1-10, I know have a firm idea what a 10 is.

I had my right knee done 3 1/2 years ago at age 42. The first guy I saw said he wouldn't do it and I should wait. I then moved directly to a second opinion and the guy took one look and said: Let's get you on the surgical schedule. He said when it wears out, we'll just do it again. He looked at my left knee x-rays and told me that that one would be ready in 3-4 years and here I am, right on schedule. I unfortunately am going to a different guy this time since my first one is no longer available.

As the Pro said, find a new guy and one who specializes in them and does a lot of them. The new guy I am going to see does 6-7 surgeries a week, either knees or hips.

I would highly recommend to your friend to do it if he is having a lot of pain and decrease in quality of life. I admit it is a major surgery and there is a good amount of rehab time (I was out of work for 6 weeks) but it is unbelievable the difference it can make in your life. I can't wait to get the other one done and then be fully mobile again for the first time in the 6 or so years since I first started having real problems with my right one.

One advantage of doing it at a younger age is that normally you can skip the stay in the Rehab after surgery and recover at home. They have a physical therapist that will come in for like 3 weeks along with visiting nurses to check your bloodwork since you are on thinners to prevent blood clots. At 3 weeks you are ready to travel for your physical therapy.

It can get a bit boring during recovery since you do a lot of laying around, either elevating to drain swelling or in the knee "machine" which bends your knee to help get averything stretched out. I was lucky last time with my surgery happening to coincide with the start of Summer Olympics. This year I am planning for it to coincide. There may be no hockey, but I have found that water polo is very entertaining of the pain meds.

If your friend wants to talk to anyone who has been through, I would be more than happy to fill him on my experiences.

Leave a comment:

• joen05
    replied

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
    Not to take away from everyones fun here... But arent the court dates for Trivino and Nicastro looming...I just hope it doesnt become a distraction for the team....What are the upcoming dates to return to court for both??
    I would think that the guys are focusing on the task at hand. If you can't stay on task at this point in the year, you don't deserve to be here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X