Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.D.
    replied
    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    It's simple math. Maine is the better hockey team.

I hope Spencer Abbott is okay to play tomorrow.

0-6.
    What happened to him? And what's the 0-6?

Leave a comment:

• Bumbles
    replied
    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

At least we're in the NCAA tourney? O..., how quickly expectations drop. But seriously, I know we should expect NCAAs every year but I'm happy to be back after everything that happened off-ice this year and the fact that we've missed the tourney the last 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied

It's simple math. Maine is the better hockey team.

I hope Spencer Abbott is okay to play tomorrow.

0-6.

Leave a comment:

• Parker Ranger
    replied

This may be a dumb question: does the men's hockey team make a profit at BU? Include all related costs for producing the product on the ice.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Husky
    replied

Just wanted to say I cant wait for the game tonight it's gonna be a great one!-FYI it's also on NBCSN (the old Versus) if you don't have NESN like me.

Update:NBCSN has a local blackout and I'm stuck listening to the Maine radio broadcast
    Last edited by Happy Husky; 03-16-2012, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

So something has come up and I can't make the game Saturday. If anyone is interested, I have ONE seat - Club Section 113 Row A Seat 11 (club seats, right behind the loge, just inside the blue line). $35.00 (no Ticketmaster fees). If you want to wait until you see if your team wins, I can meet you after the game Friday night. Let me know and we'll arrange. If you think you may be interested, reply and I'll give you my email.

Leave a comment:

• Agganis
    replied

Originally posted by CDRAL View Post
    Row#1

I'll bring ear plugs in case I need them!
    Also bring some grape repellent, it can get messy by us hoodlums.

Leave a comment:

• CDRAL
    replied

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    What row, since it appears students and season ticket holders are in the same section? Could be interesting...
    Row#1

I'll bring ear plugs in case I need them!

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    Nope, but in honor of Pi Day yesterday I did make chocolate whiskey pecan pie, so I can share that recipe.

Hoping to see some of my favorite drunks on Saturday night. The fiance and I will be there in our respective jerseys (I believe he will be in Trevor Smith - I am debating between Dan Spang and Brian McGuirk). Can't make it Friday as I was scheduled on the 7am -9pm shift.
    you were allowed to use the pecans?!?!!?

if i go, it is just friday. i'll make that call tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• bostonewe
    replied

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    Anyone have a good oatmeal cookie recipe they want to share?
    Nope, but in honor of Pi Day yesterday I did make chocolate whiskey pecan pie, so I can share that recipe.

Hoping to see some of my favorite drunks on Saturday night. The fiance and I will be there in our respective jerseys (I believe he will be in Trevor Smith - I am debating between Dan Spang and Brian McGuirk). Can't make it Friday as I was scheduled on the 7am -9pm shift.

Leave a comment:

• pirate
    replied

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Agreed...but isn't that always the issue???
    Yes and no, I think many times they play with no energy or sense of urgency, which is different than being tight due to pressure. Either way, the MO is that periodically they show up and lay an egg...so we are both right.

I'm hoping they can get the team awake and ready to go without making them tense...when they went on that streak to hit #1, they played with enthusiasm but also like they weren't worried about losing...they moved out of their end with purpose, they connected on passes in tight lanes etc.

Last weekend I saw them with a mix of apathy and then tentative play until it was do or die.

Leave a comment:

• Agganis
    replied

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
    This thread has been an interesting mix of topics recently...
    Anyone have a good oatmeal cookie recipe they want to share?

Leave a comment:

• BUPhD
    replied

This thread has been an interesting mix of topics recently...

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
    The best thing to do is find an orthopedic surgeon who primarily does knees. A younger guy is better since they don't seem to carry those notions about "you're too young". Their whole philosophy seems different.
    I'm sure he will be appreciative to get this information. I didn't ask him who actually did the surgery, but I'll pass the suggestion along. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• BU2K
    replied

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will let him know, because I know he is doing nothing right now since he was told he was too young and he is in excructiating pain (sleeps two hours a night, etc.). As soon as he changes position he wakes up and then can't get back to sleep.

What's a little scary though is the wide range of opinions on this from the doctors themselves. Apparently you really have to do your research!
    I was the same way with my first knee. It was impossible to get comfortable or sleep for any length of time. I became quite the aficionado of naps during that time. I told the doctor the first thing I was looking forward to was sleeping through the night. It's no way to go through life. I hope they at least signed off on Handicapped Parking for him.

The best thing to do is find an orthopedic surgeon who primarily does knees. A younger guy is better since they don't seem to carry those notions about "you're too young". Their whole philosophy seems different.

I am doing this one through Harvard Vanguard Wellesley. I did the first through HV West Roxbury. They provide good info on their websites about the doctors available. I have also heard the Kaplan Center for Jopint Replacement at Newton Wellesley Hospital is very good. His condition sounds just like I was the first time. I can't imagine they could look at him and not go right to surgery.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X