Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by Captain View Post
    Just got back from the game. BC had Maine's head was on a swivel the entire night. I guess they were due for a beating. The PP was brutal and Shemansky's line was the only consistent threat 5 on 5.
    PP is at 20% for the 2nd half, but the opponents PP is at 32% which is very much a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Hmmm. Go all the way to Boston, buy tickets to BC and get home about 3AM or stay home with the high-def big screen where I can watch Alaska/Michigan, NoDak/Minny, BU/PC and Michigan State/Notre Dame and monitor every game on my laptop. Oh, and food and drinks aren't outrageously priced. And there's no line for the restroom.

Hard choice.
      am I the only one who finds it odd that the Tim apologists do not attend naby if the the games, but rather "monitor them on the Internet" while those of us who are hard on him are at nearly ever away game or every home game?

Spend money on gas, food and all, in order to support the boys that we love, only to see Maine lose... or stay at home and have an uninformed opinion.... hard choice

Comment

Postgame Video from tonight's contest featuring Tim Whitehead, Jerry York and Cam Atkinson courtesy of Inside Hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM53LzJK-5s

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
          Pleasant diversion: Awesome article in the Detroit paper about the emergence of Jimmy Howard.
          Great link,thanks!

I hope the Wings wait until Goose is "physically and mentally ready" for the NHL grind,too,and that two more of those years are in Orono.

Comment

Didn't think Maine had any jump in its step from the drop tonight...would've had a shot had they had more energy coming out for the second too, Sirman weathered a storm in the first before things cracked badly.

Most disappointing thing to me was the powerplay, really bad at times, too many D shots into bodies for my taste. Not cashing in or at least getting quality chances on the 4 minutes or so at the midway of the first I thought was the game.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Gallery added to recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/01/15/me-bc.php

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                Pleasant diversion: Awesome article in the Detroit paper about the emergence of Jimmy Howard.
                Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                Another good article I read last week on NHL.com.
                http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=512925 After the game in Sweden to start the season most Detroit fans were quick to say Jimmy wasn't the answer,but most have changed their tune as he is a real Calder candidate.
                After the BU PC game last night, they had some Hockey show on and Mike Milbury was talking about the Jimmy Howard era in Detroit so I guess he has made the big time. Guess I'll have to watch for Detroit games on TV
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

PC spanks BU, BC spanks Maine, should make it interesting for tonight. After watching Beaudry I don't have a good feeling about tonight. The big question is, who's in goal and does it matter?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

If Maine comes out to play like they did last night it does not matter who is in goal. Absolutely a horrible effort last night.

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                      If Maine comes out to play like they did last night it does not matter who is in goal. Absolutely a horrible effort last night.
                      What was Whiteheads excuse for last night?
                      When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Meh...throw away game. I thot the score would be 10-2 with Darling out...not that far off....lol.

Lets see how they pick things up for tonight. Gonna take a huge effort at PC to come away with even a point. Without big D in net, I gotta like PC's chances especially after blitzing BU last night. PC 5-2 tonight.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Darling could have been in net and we still would have got spanked.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                            What was Whiteheads excuse for last night?
                            “We didn’t bring our best game tonight,” said Whitehead. “We were looking for excuses. We’ve had a good run and we’ve come a long way. But you’d never know that by watching us tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
                              “We didn’t bring our best game tonight,” said Whitehead. “We were looking for excuses. We’ve had a good run and we’ve come a long way. But you’d never know that by watching us tonight.

Everyone pray that Darling can play in Vermont.
                              When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

so, are you saying that there is no chance that BC is just that much faster than Maine, and that much better coached?

Comment

Working...
                                X