Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Any Mainiacs heading south for the games this weekend?
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

If you think back about 10 - 11 months, Wilson was our best goal tender. If he is given an opportunity, I think he is capable of a good performance. Sirman could possibly do well, too, but I think he has much less experience at this level. Who knows, that may not be a factor at all. He could step in and be lights out. When I was at practice yesterday, Kerluke was studying the goal tenders very intently. I suspect the coaching staff will go with whoever looked the best this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        This game makes up 1/27 of the conference schedule.

I penciled this game in as a loss weeks ago, even before the injuries. The bigger games are the series against UHN and the weekends at Vermont and BU. I have this team finishing third in Hockey East, behind UHN and BC.

I understand what you are saying and do not expect the team to win every conference game. My opinion still stands though, that every conference game is a big game, every conference point is a big point. Especially against teams close to them in the power rankings.

I had not penciled this game in as a loss, Maine played BC very well the two games they played back in November and I think Maine has improved since that point.

Comment

I saw Sirman play at Umass in relief of Darling and at UNH the next night. I thought he looked pretty solid positionally, we didnt have the same team back then too. I see absolutely no point in playing Wilson, but I'm sure Timmay will anyways which is frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
            It depends. Do I, in fact, suck?
            Yes. Yes you do.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Considering the injuries I'd be stunned if Maine wins this game. I'm amazed that so many people are saying this is a big game...it's almost like they're building up this game so they can rip the team (or one person in particular) after they lose.

Almost.
              It is a big game.......no matter how much you try and down play it.

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                Here is todays article on the injuries to Darling and Dee.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/134723.html

Wilson should get the starts, hope he plays well. He has had some good games in the past, but has also had some real bad ones.

My opinion aside, I would hope that both have received plenty of time in net during practice. Sirman may be a good goalie, despite the showing against Union. First game in net for him and he gave up 4 goals through 2 periods. Maine has come a long way since the opening weekend, both offensively and defensively. Having not seen those games, I really don't know if the goals that Sirman gave up were the result of poor positioning on his part or defensive breakdowns by Maine that led to the goals.

Either way it will be a big test for this team on Friday night against BC.
                Wilson was in net BOTH nights Vs. Union...Sirman did not play in that series.

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post

My bad, I meant to say UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                    It is a big game.......no matter how much you try and down play it.
                    It is, play with what ya got and play hard. BC is good but once again, No Gionta, No Boyle, No Gerbe, Maine can win this game. Will they? Who knows
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Honestly how many games has Wilsieve played in that we genuinely felt he could backstop us to a win? Hopefully Maine can get good netminding from whomever is getting the starts while Darling is out. The worst thing that can happen to Maine is having to rush Darling back into the net only to see him get hurt again.

I think this is the perfect time to let Sirman show his skills, and if he falters then we can hit the panic button and go to Wilson (and panic some more ).

Let's hope it doesn't come to that though...

Comment

Originally posted by AMcoffee View Post
                        I have the sinking feeling that if BC scores the first goal tomorrow night, game over.
                        This team has a nothing to loose attitude. They will not fold nor are they intimidated. These guys are compeditors as long as 3 easy goals are not let in our net. I am sure that they will play hard to make sure to limit the shots on net. Hopefully the Maine power play will take over and the penalty kill superb. Faceoff wins and puck possession will be the key to a Maine victory.

Comment

Chit, they're playing with house money at this point. Play loose, play hard....see what happens. Who noze, maybe Willie will be able to stop beachballs.
                          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
                            And how did that turn out?

Comment

Play like they did against Lowell...win

Play like they did against Union...loss

The template is there...is the execution ?

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                              This team has a nothing to loose attitude. They will not fold nor are they intimidated. These guys are compeditors as long as 3 easy goals are not let in our net. I am sure that they will play hard to make sure to limit the shots on net. Hopefully the Maine power play will take over and the penalty kill superb. Faceoff wins and puck possession will be the key to a Maine victory.
                              Maine coach Red Gendron said:
                              “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

Originally posted by AMcoffee View Post
                                Play like they did against Lowell...win

Play like they did against Union...loss

The template is there...is the execution ?
                                It's the coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X