Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    I went to practice today. Darling not present. Wilson, Sirman and Seeley getting in a good workout. Maine's defense will have to step up and offer the new goal tender some extra support if Darling doesn't play. It's not like Wilson hasn't had some good games in the past. College hockey, one never knows what might happen even when a key player isn't able to play.

P.S. I watched the women's team, too.
    Tim, do not play Wilsieve in goal at B.C. ! I went to Union and watched that debacle I don't want to see Wilson in goal EVER again! We might as well find out if Sirman can help us, he will be here a lot longer then Wilsieve.
    NO WILSON IN GOAL!!!

Comment

I went to practice today. Darling not present. Wilson, Sirman and Seeley getting in a good workout. Maine's defense will have to step up and offer the new goal tender some extra support if Darling doesn't play. It's not like Wilson hasn't had some good games in the past. College hockey, one never knows what might happen even when a key player isn't able to play.

P.S. I watched the women's team, too.
      Well, how do the women look ? I mean, how do the women look ?
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

While the Eagles are probably rubbing their hands together after hearing of Darling’s injury, this team has found ways to win this season and hopefully that will continue on this weekend. Sirman played well in the second half of the U-Mass game and early at unh while Wilson is probably dying to make a good showing and would love to see ice time to get the splinters out of his *****. Who starts in net this weekend will probably be decided by how they practice this week. Dee will certainly be missed also and will likely be replace by Beattie. Maybe the confidence built over the recent wins and finding a way to win this season will carry over into this weekend. The BC game may be pivotal in the tie breaker for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
          Well, how do the women look ? I mean, how do the women look ?
          Well, I don't know. All I could see were pony tails. Actually, they played pretty well, I think. First time I have seen them play so I don't have much reference. They weren't as slow as I thought they might be, but a huge difference compared to the men. Not too surprising really. I need to go and see a game. I think it's free admission.

Comment

Quick question for all you Maine folks. Earlier this season, Colgate had a game on Time Warner Sports in Syracuse and the play-by-play announcer was Jeff Clark. I heard through the grapevine that he had done Maine games on the radio (or possibly on TV) at some point in the past. Has anyone heard of him? I'm just curious since a Google search didn't really turn up anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
              Quick question for all you Maine folks. Earlier this season, Colgate had a game on Time Warner Sports in Syracuse and the play-by-play announcer was Jeff Clark. I heard through the grapevine that he had done Maine games on the radio (or possibly on TV) at some point in the past. Has anyone heard of him? I'm just curious since a Google search didn't really turn up anything.
              No Maine connection that I know of. Joe Carr or Gary Thorne maybe? Are you sure of the name?

Comment

No Maine connection that I know of. Joe Carr or Gary Thorne maybe? Are you sure of the name?
                Positive. I just double-checked the TV replay on my Time Warner DVR. Kind of a middle-aged guy, probably mid-to-late 30s. Certainly no Gary Thorne if you catch my drift.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                  Jeff was Class of 91........I went to school with him. He is from the Syracuse area.
                  Last edited by sandiegoblkbr; 01-13-2010, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                    Jeff was Class of 91........I went to school with him. He was from the Syracuse area.
                    Did he ever do Maine hockey games on TV or radio?

Comment

Did he ever do Maine hockey games on TV or radio?
                      maybe student radio?

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                        maybe student radio?
                        I bet he did. I listen to the student station occasionally during games. I wouldn't have remembered any names.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            How'd you like to be a goalie going into a game knowing your coach and your teammates think you suck?
                            It depends. Do I, in fact, suck?
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                              Do I, in fact, suck?
                              That's all teed up...

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                While the Eagles are probably rubbing their hands together after hearing of Darling’s injury, this team has found ways to win this season and hopefully that will continue on this weekend. Sirman played well in the second half of the U-Mass game and early at unh while Wilson is probably dying to make a good showing and would love to see ice time to get the splinters out of his *****. Who starts in net this weekend will probably be decided by how they practice this week. Dee will certainly be missed also and will likely be replace by Beattie. Maybe the confidence built over the recent wins and finding a way to win this season will carry over into this weekend. The BC game may be pivotal in the tie breaker for the playoffs.
                                Guess I would go with Wilson.

He's been "inconsistent",to be polite,but he's also had a couple of great outings.I'm thinking that his veteran status alone will be a plus...Ya think?

Just when you think it's safe to go back into the water,Darling goes down.Maine is just too thin in goal these days,no doubt about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X