Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Layoff the kool aid
    I just turned 21 a couple months ago. Cut me a bit of a break?

I'm surprised that there isn't any Coach of the Year talk out of you nutcases.
    Last edited by tylerzx2002; 01-12-2010, 12:11 PM. Reason: Stupid punctuation error.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
      I don't think that Corkum qualifies for the award.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
        Bob Daniels is doing a great job...he is definitely # 1 Coach of the Year candidate so far
        Maine coach Red Gendron said:
        “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
          USA Today polls do not seem to be going in the right direction too quickly?????
          USA Today Paper is a Basketball/Football/Baseball paper when it comes to there sports section....Hockey,either the NHL or the College game is Light Years away in there rear view mirror......there idea of Hockey is 3 cubes of ice and 2 shots of Crown Royal,then Repeat....then...............

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Poles are irrelevant.

Not if it's your pole.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by GoMaine24 View Post

....BC is a darn good team ready to mow down all in their path, especially on home ice, after blowing the Frozen Fenway game, and our guys (If the 'Mack game is any indication) look like they're taking their new found status for granted already.
              they did not do so well mowing down Denver, StLawrence and BU.
              Only one of those teams is ranked.
              Then on Tuesday, BC beat Providence.... is that the mowing down everyone in their path, that you are referring to?

As i remember, in years when BC was awesome and Maine was not quite so hot, Maine was able to beat BC when BC had short rest (like they played on a Monday and Maine did not.)... This week, BC has only 2 nights off between games and Maine has a lot more.

I am not willing to call the Friday game... It could go either way, and it could be 5-0 either way. No longer does Petrecki guarantee Maine 4 easy power play opportunities. But BC also does not have a defenseman/sniper who can bury ALL rebounds from the top of the circles, either.

PC will be playing their 3rd game in 5 days on Saturday.

Comment

The schedule angle is interesting, but I think a lot of it comes down to Darling. He can give Maine a chance to steal some road points. He could also take Maine out of those games if he isn't really ready to go.
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Additional angle on Friday night's contest: BC students do not return to campus from semester break until Tuesday, January 19th.

Two effects:
                  1. less of a student section at the game...different crowd dynamics
                  2. no student interaction with team...perhaps more focused players on ice
                  Maine coach Red Gendron said:
                  “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

chitty news. Darling out at least 2 weeks and Dee for 3 maybe more. tough break for sure. Glad to have those exhibitions next week. Hopefully Scotty can get healed for the trip to Vermont. Dee was really coming on. He is a key and hopefully can get healthy for the final few weeks.
                    Buzzy

Comment

Not shocked about either being out for a few weeks,pretty much knew that was coming Saturday night. Dee has "slight" fracture in his foot, Darling 'left leg" injury
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Tough NEWS tonight on Darling & Dee....to say this TEAM will be tested is a understatement....Darling's loss will be very hard to replace,while Dee's injury will be a lost but less then in net......they'll have to hunker down and protect either Sirman/Wilson.....

Comment

Screw "hunkering down"

I've had enough of TIMMAY's "we need to protect our goaltenders" strategy for a lifetime. Just go out and play your game.

Wetnursing a goalie because you don't have any confidence in them accomplishes exactly two things. You're so concentrated on protecting him that you stop playing the way you did that's been winning you games,. and two, it shows the goaltender that you have no confidence in him.

How'd you like to be a goalie going into a game knowing your coach and your teammates think you suck?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I don't know about anyone else on here but I have no confidence in Wilson getting it done on the road. I would start Sirman to see if he can win a road game.
                            Last edited by GoBlackBears; 01-13-2010, 06:18 PM.
                            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

I went to practice today. Darling not present. Wilson, Sirman and Seeley getting in a good workout. Maine's defense will have to step up and offer the new goal tender some extra support if Darling doesn't play. It's not like Wilson hasn't had some good games in the past. College hockey, one never knows what might happen even when a key player isn't able to play.

P.S. I watched the women's team, too.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Screw "hunkering down"

I've had enough of TIMMAY's "we need to protect our goaltenders" strategy for a lifetime. Just go out and play your game.

Wetnursing a goalie because you don't have any confidence in them accomplishes exactly two things. You're so concentrated on protecting him that you stop playing the way you did that's been winning you games,. and two, it shows the goaltender that you have no confidence in him.

How'd you like to be a goalie going into a game knowing your coach and your teammates think you suck?
                                By Hunkering Down I meant they will have play a tight error free game in there d-end.....no matter how you look at it...things will change without there #1 guy in the crease.....and if the Backups think it's a slap in the face that the team is working harder in there end then they shouldn't be out there.....with injurys you have to play the game..but at times tweak it to your strenghts. I also hear what you mean about the "Timmy" approach..........I'm on board for UMaine HKy.

Comment

Working...
                                X