Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
    I noticed you moved better at the end of the game too. Quite spryly in fact.
    , I guess you picked a good last 10 minutes of a game. That was an awesome way to leave Alfond, game winning snipe with 17 secs left.Good fun
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
      Baby steps, Maine up to 16 in new poll.
      USA Today polls do not seem to be going in the right direction too quickly?????

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
        I noticed you moved better at the end of the game too. Quite spryly in fact.
        It wuz that blonde bombshell wot Wally was chasing or the promise of Irish coffee/whiskey....I dunno.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/134396.html

BDN article on the Swedish trio.

Somehow I missed this Saturday and didn't see it posted if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            , I guess you picked a good last 10 minutes of a game. That was an awesome way to leave Alfond, game winning snipe with 17 secs left.Good fun
            Definitely a fun game to watch and made the drive home much better. Had a great view of the snipe. What a shot. Kid can play.

Thought the Mack played really well. They have always been a scrappy bunch, specially under Denneghy. I think he is a solid coach, in a tough spot. Seems to make the most out of his roster. They seem to play better than their record, at least it's like that against tha Bears.

Hopefully Scotty D gets healthy and is able to at least play on Friday. Will be a difficult road trip if he is unable to go. At least after this weekend there will be a two week layoff between meaningful games.

Be great to have the momentum stay in their favor this weekend...very interested to see what the BC game brings
            Buzzy

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              It wuz that blonde bombshell wot Wally was chasing or the promise of Irish coffee/whiskey....I dunno.
              Haven't seen any blonde bombshells but their is a raven haired beauty wandering around

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                Does not matter, pairwise ranking is what is really important.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                  Poles are irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                    Does not matter, pairwise ranking is what is really important.
                    Boston College will surely be well aware before Friday night's contest that they are next behind Maine in the current PWR. One win and they jump right up perhaps two positions and are back in the hunt for the Round of 16.
                    Maine coach Red Gendron said:
                    “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

Originally posted by AMcoffee View Post
                      Boston College will surely be well aware before Friday night's contest that they are next behind Maine in the current PWR. One win and they jump right up perhaps two positions and are back in the hunt for the Round of 16.
                      Biggest game so far I think. I'm glad the Providence game is after the B.C. game, so they're not looking past it.

Comment

I'm about 80 posts behind so excuse me if I'm being redundant...

OK, get ready to blast me....but I think it's time for a reality check!

Let's throw it out there...are they pretty good? Yep! Are they overrated in the polls right now? Nope! Will they be if they take Saturday night's performance from here on out? Oh, god yea!

When you can have arguably your most sloppy game in months and walk with 2 points....you'll take it. But that performance really worried me. They looked like a team who finally achieved the validation they've been looking for and turned off the extra work and smart play that got them where they are....and struck me as a little complacent....like they were entitled to win that game regardless of effort.

I'll be the jerk to rain on our parade of good joy....the unbeaten streak ends Friday. Haven't been more certain about a Maine game all year. Couple reasons.....BC is a darn good team ready to mow down all in their path, especially on home ice, after blowing the Frozen Fenway game, and our guys (If the 'Mack game is any indication) look like they're taking their new found status for granted already. It looked like the days of old where a one goal lead meant sit back and hang on for dear life....afterall, 'we probably got this one'.

Not only that....I have no inside scoop but that Darling thing looked like a groin tweak. Reminiscent of Big Ben....and we all know how that lingered. He looked so slow and uncomfortable the rest of the game, as Bishop always did. They're going to go ahead and start him....but I'm pretty confident we'll see Sirman or Wilson by the game's end. I think they're going to get their bell rung on Friday....but hopefully it will be a good wake up.

I think pollsters are basing Maine's rank this week on the fact that they won again because if they SAW the game on Saturday....they wouldn't have been so generous. We're still a top 20 team, for sure, don't get me wrong....but the REAL 09/10 team could have really messed up Mack....and certainly shouldn't have let the Warriors set the pace and hold so much possesion during the 2nd half.

Comment

Regardless of how sloppy the victory was, I'm sure that the 2 points still look pretty good to the pollsters. Merrimack played Maine pretty well. They've yet to win on the road this year (0-9-0) but honestly should have snagged their first win on opposing ice on Saturday. They're still pretty bad, but not quite as bad as we've seen in the past.

I like where Maine sits as a team right now. Defensively we still have our lapses, but they're less frequent than the last couple years. If Darling isn't up to 100% then those lapses could become a problem. Offensively (and especially on the PP) we can hang with most teams. Especially if guys like Dee/Shemansky/Abbott can produce on a game-to-game basis. Being 4 points from catching UNH at the top of Hockey East isn't an unrealistic goal for Maine, especially since Maine gets them twice at home.

Maybe I'VE been drinking too much kool-aid...

Comment

Layoff the kool aid

I doubt Dee plays this weekend and if it s a groin issue, I doubt Darling plays his best. BC will be tough but I won't be shocked if the game goes either way. BC doesn't have a Gerbe or a Gionta like the past.

Comment

Did Maine play their best game of the year? No, they did not, but they found a way to win the game. Good teams find a way to win, even when they are not playing their best. That to me is an indication that the team is on the right track.

Comment

I agree that Maine is looking a little too happy out there. This weekend's BC game is a big character test for the team. If they come out and play hard they can definitely win it. BC hasn't been playing very good hockey recently (see 2-5 loss to St. Lawrence) but they are still loaded with talent.

Overall, winnable game, but they have to show up!

Go Maine.

Comment

Working...
                                X