Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Not sure how much talent Merrimack has but they play their system to a T and worked the whole 60 minutes. Maine on the other hand, didn't. 10 minutes into the second until the goal got overturned, Maine was as flat as flat can be. Dee's goal was a beauty as was Abbotts. What can you say about Nyquist, awesome. I hope Darling is ok, same for Dee, he blocked a shot and my guess is his ankle is black and blue. Fast forwarding thru my DVR to see what happened on the goal and what happened to Darling
    Darling looked to be in pain...looked to be favoring his leg/knee...was not the same after..hopefully your right and a bruise.....bad news if it's serious.

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
      Darling looked to be in pain...looked to be favoring his leg/knee...was not the same after..hopefully your right and a bruise.....bad news if it's serious.
      Got that right!Maine's whole season hangs on Darling.

Comment

He definitely looked to be in pain, I thought he looked better as time went on though. Not sure if the Merrimacks players skate hit him on the knee or if it was the twisting motion of the leg as he got rolled over(quickly and violently) by the obvious goalie interference. My guess would be he doesn't practice this week
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The trainer doesn't come out for an equipment issue. Its the inside of his knee or maybe the thigh just above the knee. Merrimack ran him all night but the hit it happened on was about 2 minutes before play stopped and the trainer came out. He was hurtin for sure, hopefully its a bruise which is what it looks like on replay. When Dimmen got the penalty late in the 3rd, Merrimack ran him again.
          I'm not surprised. In the first period it looked like they were trying to take out Nyquist and saw other players getting elbows to the head. I was impressed there was no retaliation. Maine didn't buy into it and played the game. I didn't notice it in the second and then a bit in the third.

Comment

Does anyone know the practice times at the Alfond?

Comment

Noticed at the end when the playersd swarmed the net for congratulations, Darling quickly slid himself out from being in the middle of the middle of the pile to the side of the goal cage. I'm guessing he didn't want all those guys banging and knocking into his leg.

Bit of a lucky win for Maine, as I thought the Merrimack goal off the skate should have counted, but it's about time this Maine team caught a few breaks after the last few seasons of nothing ever going right.

Nyquist's was a snipe, but Dee's was a snipe too. I said it a while ago, looks like he's decided he wants to be a goal scorer. Maybe he's finally got his head in a good place after the last two seasons of worrying about injuries. And now he takes a puck off the foot.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                Does anyone know the practice times at the Alfond?
                When schools in session its usually 2.30 or so, but if schools not in session its usually late morning but I don't know for sure. If you go tell us if Darling is out there

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  ...the Merrimack goal off the skate should have counted, but it's about time this Maine team caught a few breaks...
                  I thought they weren't going to call that one back. Maine just does not get these type of breaks from officals... can anyone explain this call? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by whatever View Post
                    I thought they weren't going to call that one back. Maine just does not get these type of breaks from officals... can anyone explain this call? Thanks in advance
                    Looked like a goal to me also. Maybe they had another view they we didn't see on tv.

If I frame by frame it on my DVR you can see the MC player lift his leg in a "kicking" like motion but it appears to be up and down like maybe he tried to deflect it?? but there doesn't appear to be any motion toward the goal so....

Comment

It looked like a groin injury to me. That would not be good...

Comment

Looked like a goal to me also. Maybe they had another view they we didn't see on tv.

If I frame by frame it on my DVR you can see the MC player lift his leg in a "kicking" like motion but it appears to be up and down like maybe he tried to deflect it?? but there doesn't appear to be any motion toward the goal so....
                        I noticed on the replays that it looked like he was turning his foot a bit to make it more parallel to the goal, but whether that was a conscious effort to deflect the puck, or just what he was doing to get past the goal was impossible to tell. Didn't look like he even knew where the puck was.

And since you can turn your skate, just not 'kick', it didn't seem it would matter on the call.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I noticed on the replays that it looked like he was turning his foot a bit to make it more parallel to the goal, but whether that was a conscious effort to deflect the puck, or just what he was doing to get past the goal was impossible to tell. Didn't look like he even knew where the puck was.

And since you can turn your skate, just not 'kick', it didn't seem it would matter on the call.
                          If it happen say 10 times...most likely a 50/50 call...5 goals...5 no goals...Maine just got the call 2night.

Comment

I was at the game, but haven't seen a replay and from my seat it was impossible to tell at game speed. The rule states that the puck can't be kicked in or directed in off an attacking player's skate and probably the key piece to the rule for this play is "when in doubt, the goal shall be disallowed". I believe there was definitely some doubt since the replay review took quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by whatever View Post
                              From the current NCAA rulebook, and this was added in the newest explanations of rules section.
                              "A goal shall not be allowed if the puck has been kicked or directed into
                              the goal off an attacking player’s skate. When in doubt, the goal shall be
                              disallowed. A goal shall be allowed if a puck deflects off an attacking player
                              who is in the act of stopping."
                              Walrus tells us that DaCosta changed the direction of his skate and therefore the puck was "directed"
                              A bunch of years ago, Lucas Lawson was on one skate when a Nault centering pass deflected off of his skate. DEFLECTED. (so the goal is allowed)
                              as the new rule reads, "when in doubt..."

Comment

looked like Nemec recovered and lifted DeCosta's stick at the last minute, fanned,.....pucked slipped into Darling, slow rebound came out, hit the skate, puck trickled in......goal disallowed........

Comment

Working...
                                X