Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Maine 2009 season thread:The Revenge of TIMMAY!!!

I think that it is sad that maine couldn't beat princeton in 4 peroids but at least they won in a shoot out and they bead CC
    c'mon Maine, I gotta have more more cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
      Ditto!

Happy New Year!
      Sirmin is pretty good i saw him up at a camp that i went up to in Kent Hills
      c'mon Maine, I gotta have more more cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Happy New Year to all Maine hockey fans. It's going to be a very interesting second half of the season. Maine has more wins now then all of last season.
        They need 4 more wins to surpass last years total.

Comment

Originally posted by GoMaine17 View Post
          I think that it is sad that maine couldn't beat princeton in 4 peroids but at least they won in a shoot out and they bead CC
          Maine is on steroids and likes beads?

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
            Maine is on steroids and likes beads?
            Maine is home to droids who play reeds?

Comment

Originally posted by GoMaine17 View Post
              I get your drift.

Princeton strength was supposed to be it's Hobey candidate goaltender. What happened there? Beating CC was the first real big win of the season (after we all thought that beating BU meant something)

and I keep reading many people on here blaming House for Princeton's goals. What did he do to earn the major? (head contact major--was the guy injured? was it a real cheap shot?) If Maine gives up 3 on a major, I am not blaming the guy who got the penalty, I cannot imagine that the average number of goals given up on a major is even 1.25, so at least on of the goals has to be the fault of bad PK.

Last, how is it that the team seems to play MUCH better defense when Banwell is out?
              After watching them play, if I had to choose between Banwell and Cornell, I would have to take Banwell, but the results tell me that I am wrong.
              Is he doing anything wrong that you all can see? Or is it just a coincidence and Cornell is playing against worse teams? (like CC is worse than Princeton?)

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                I get your drift.

Princeton strength was supposed to be it's Hobey candidate goaltender. What happened there? Beating CC was the first real big win of the season (after we all thought that beating BU meant something)

and I keep reading many people on here blaming House for Princeton's goals. What did he do to earn the major? (head contact major--was the guy injured? was it a real cheap shot?) If Maine gives up 3 on a major, I am not blaming the guy who got the penalty, I cannot imagine that the average number of goals given up on a major is even 1.25, so at least on of the goals has to be the fault of bad PK.

Last, how is it that the team seems to play MUCH better defense when Banwell is out?
                After watching them play, if I had to choose between Banwell and Cornell, I would have to take Banwell, but the results tell me that I am wrong.
                Is he doing anything wrong that you all can see? Or is it just a coincidence and Cornell is playing against worse teams? (like CC is worse than Princeton?)
                Princton I feel is under rated as well. Is it coincidence that they beat #4 Cornell?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                  They need 4 more wins to surpass last years total.
                  OOps. That's true. I was looking at the wrong results. Maine started out very strong last year and then fizzled. Maine has 1 less win this year than last year at this same time. 11 wins last year and 10 this year. Let's hope there isn't a repeat performance.

Comment

Kalemba had a poor outing, but Darling had an equally poor performance. fact is, princeton isn't as bad as they showed against maine (as evidenced by beating cornell the next day). and princeton was a tournament team last year...

re: house... yeah, he bears the bulk of the blame... the penalty killing was certainly suspect, but the guys on the ice didn't put the team in that position... yeah, the average goals scored per 5 minute major is lower than the three scored by princeton, but you want to absolve house of most of the blame and shift the it to the guys that were trying to bail his *** out? do you blame darling too because he didn't stand on his head during those five minutes?

Comment

So BC lost to St. Lawrence 5-2. Just thought that was worth noting.

Comment

Any predictions on Attendance for tonight? I'll say 3875
                        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Men's hockey game postponed. Women's games are on, however.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
                            So BC lost to St. Lawrence 5-2. Just thought that was worth noting.
                            A little bit of a surprise. seeng how we annihilated SLU in Portland a few weeks ago...

I suspect SLU is not as bad as some might think and BC is not as good as some suggest.
                            Last edited by acs64; 01-02-2010, 10:43 AM.
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I get your drift.

Mike Cornell is a good player whose going to only get better during this season and beyond...he plays hard...plays a simple game...and is a pleasant addition to this years team.....if you look back when Maine added him,everyone figured he was just a depth type player with no up-side.....but he has been a plus.{imo}.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                A little bit of a surprise. seeng how we annihilated beaten themSLU in Portland a few weeks ago...

I suspect SLU is not as bad as some might think and BC is not as good as some suggest.
                                Didn't SLU have a few key guys out of the line up? That may have played a part in the Maine blow out.

Maine played BC very well. Only if they could have closed out the 2 goal lead. Should be a good one at Conte in a few weeks.
                                Buzzy

Comment

Working...
                                X